SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Forum Feedback (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/forum-feedback-39/)
-   -   Kudo's to E.Marquez (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/forum-feedback-39/kudos-e-marquez-29117/)

HRCA#1 09-01-2012 04:06 PM

Kudo's to E.Marquez

This is my ringing endorsement of Marquez Racing. I talked to him last week and asked him to do my flywheel. He said sure and quoted a great price and gave me 3 options on how much to cut.

So needless to say I shipped it and knew it would get there either Friday or Today. I got a PM on Friday telling me he missed the mailman. Of course I responded not to worry it was a spare no big deal.

Later I got another PM saying he tracked down his mailman and had my flywheel!

Then I got the before picture followed by the after picture, and this morning he shipped it back to me.

I wish I could get this level of service anywhere else. I don't know how much work he wants to get but he'll get all of mine!

Sorry I went back to try to correct the spelling but system would't let me.

Wolverine 09-01-2012 04:16 PM

Awesome, wish I could take a ride and feel the effects!! Are you gonna post b4 and after dyno graphs?? :evillaugh:

E.Marquez 09-01-2012 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Wolverine (Post 341093)
Awesome, wish I could take a ride and feel the effects!! Are you gonna post b4 and after dyno graphs?? :evillaugh:

Seat O Pants Dyno is the only type that will feel the effect.

Unless a stop watch is used to time to a set RPM.

E.Marquez 09-01-2012 05:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by HRCA#1 (Post 341091)
This is my ringing endorsement of Marquez Racing. I talked to him last week and asked him to do my flywheel. He said sure and quoted a great price and gave me 3 options on how much to cut.

So needless to say I shipped it and knew it would get there either Friday or Today. I got a PM on Friday telling me he missed the mailman. Of course I responded not to worry it was a spare no big deal.

Later I got another PM saying he tracked down his mailman and had my flywheel!

Then I got the before picture followed by the after picture, and this morning he shipped it back to me.

I wish I could get this level of service anywhere else. I don't know how much work he wants to get but he'll get all of mine!

Sorry I went back to try to correct the spelling but system would't let me.

Thanks for the kind words.
Happy to help, and I enjoy doing so... as long as I have the time, and can cover machine use costs...

Oh, don't forget your going to need a puller to remove the flywheel from the crank.

You can get one from Tusk, or Motion Pro for about $25.....

But I just use a Drain plug..:D
Dorman M22x1.5 works well and can be had at your local Auto parts house
Attachment 24261

HRCA#1 09-02-2012 12:22 AM

Way cool, I'll pick one up

HRCA#1 09-05-2012 07:41 AM

Flywheel arrived yesterday. think about it Erik got it Saturday and I get it back on Tuesday with a Holiday in between. I'm in CA he's in Texas and people bitch about the post office. I think I got great service from both!

smokinjoe73 09-05-2012 08:01 AM

I have half wanted to do this mod for a while now. Just dont want to sacrafice daily riding comfort. Maybe just a little taken off.

Post your ride results!!

HRCA#1 09-05-2012 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 (Post 341296)
I have half wanted to do this mod for a while now. Just dont want to sacrafice daily riding comfort. Maybe just a little taken off.

Post your ride results!!

Don't wait for me, my SH is stripped down to repair/replace/correct PO's screwup and other changes. Now I'm officially broke and need to sell off some things I'm not going to use. I'll take pic's and post that stuff this weekend.

smokinjoe73 09-05-2012 08:45 AM

How hard is the swap out? I could buy a 2nd one for backup & try it. It just pulls out right? No major motor teardown?

HRCA#1 09-05-2012 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 (Post 341298)
How hard is the swap out? I could buy a 2nd one for backup & try it. It just pulls out right? No major motor teardown?

No it's pretty straight forward, just make sure you order up a new crankcase gasket.

E.Marquez 09-05-2012 09:11 AM

Post your ride results!!

You can pick up a spare for $30-50
You'll need a cover gasket and a puller plus some oil (time install with an oil change)

Ride for a few weeks, if you don’t like it, pull the light weight flywheel and sell it here or the UK site.

E.Marquez 09-05-2012 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 (Post 341298)

It's a 30 min swap.

Loosen left side fairing mounts so you can access all of the cover screws.
Remove the stator cover, scrape gasket off it and motor.
Remove flywheel retaining bolt.
Remove flywheel using a M22 x 1.5 bolt.
Install new flywheel.
Install cover and new gasket.
Replace fairing screws.
Top off oil level (or fill if you did this during a oil change)

GTS 09-05-2012 05:53 PM

You can also just lean yor bike over so that the oil doesn't drip out the side when you take the cover off.

I would like to try this mod as well. How much are you charging to turn down the wheels?

E.Marquez 09-05-2012 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by GTS (Post 341358)
You can also just lean yor bike over so that the oil doesn't drip out the side when you take the cover off.

I would like to try this mod as well. How much are you charging to turn down the wheels?

I might do that on a dirt bike.. but the risk of dropping my bike is not worth saving a few qt of oil...

and planning it at the same time you need an oil change makes sense.
I'll PM you on the other.

Onomea 11-20-2012 12:56 PM

Aloha E. Marquez,

I have been reading the various threads on flywheel lightening. Would you be able to P.M. me on options and costs done by you? Will be receiving a spare flywheel soon.

Mahalo :)

Bearshawk 11-20-2012 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Onomea (Post 345238)
Aloha E. Marquez,

I have been reading the various threads on flywheel lightening. Would you be able to P.M. me on options and costs done by you? Will be receiving a spare flywheel soon.

ditto!! i think this could be a fun mod to do this winter

E.Marquez 11-23-2012 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Bearshawk (Post 345239)
ditto!! i think this could be a fun mod to do this winter

PM sent as requested. :D

E.Marquez 11-23-2012 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Onomea (Post 345238)
Aloha E. Marquez,

PM sent as requested. :D

Onomea 11-24-2012 12:55 AM

Aloha,

Received my flywheel assembly today. Will be in touch soon. Thanks for the courtious and timely reply and info. Price is a go.

Mahalos!

E.Marquez 11-24-2012 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by Onomea (Post 345351)
Aloha,

Received my flywheel assembly today. Will be in touch soon. Thanks for the courtious and timely reply and info. Price is a go.

Mahalos!

That flywheel is going to get a bunch of FF miles.....:D
Send it on.....if you want to try and save on shipping,, remove the 6 socket head cap screws and starter gear. It has to come off anyway.