SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/everything-else-31/)
-   -   What R U Drinking Now? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/everything-else-31/what-r-u-drinking-now-33326/)

nnjhawk02 07-01-2015 03:49 PM

What R U Drinking Now?

After the maintenance stuff on VTR, Fiddy & Cages today, I need a beer. And I'm not fcuking around & this is not a PUI.

Old favorites that still are in the line up are - My 1st love - Miller High Life, but thats few & far between these daze. For the last few years Dogfish Head IPAs - 60 & 90 mins. 90 is the better 1. 120 min is way too strong & ya need to let it sit for a while before drinking, like a wine.

But after a moto trip to New Platz, NY this Spring - new love is a Brooklyn brewery - Six Point, Resin is a IPA, woof> tasty & strong - a wee bit over 9%.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FWIW - I really don't drink at home, maybe a beer or wine with dinner, cause wife & teenagers golm it. And I'm a social drinker - out with friends, etc.

So when I'm out with my peeps - Tito's & club w/ lemon or Makers on zee rocks. If eating mostly red wine.

A great Summer drink is Gin & Tonic with a few of slices of cucumber blended up & lime - So Fcuking tasty!

And Don't drink & ride or drive - Taxi / Uber will save U $!

What do U like?

CruxGNZ 07-01-2015 04:35 PM

Gentleman Jack straight when social, but sometimes after dinner, I have a snifter of Southern Comfort 100 proof.

Wolverine 07-01-2015 04:36 PM

My foundation sits on Miller Genuine Draft, Michelob Amber Bock (you need to try this one) and Killians Red. Beer and I don't get along as well as we have in the past. I'm a 1 or 2 and done kinda guy. Really dislike a hoppy brew and prefer something a bit darker but not pitch black. And leave the damn fruit outta beer for christ sakes!!!

Beginning of the week, upon my bosses recommendation, I bought a 6 of this:
http://ward1.com/blog/wp-content/upl...06060-Edit.jpg
Very unique brew. Give it a go if you're wanting something different. Initial taste is all root beer and very good, almost has a mixed drink finish.

Wife and I drink plenty o' wine. :) We took a long weekend to the Finger Lakes a while back and found new favs. We love the reds from 3 Brothers Winery, Skirt Lifter & Dog Head Red if you ever see them on the shelf. Red Cat was our favorite before the trip and is still one of our go-to's.

scottiemann 07-01-2015 05:24 PM

man I gotta try that root beer ale!!

lately Ive been mindlessly drinking in the garage while working on the bike so I dont get fancy, just bud heavies...

going out lately with friends I've been drinking Sam Adams summer, nice and refreshing, but I dont generally like Sam so thats a little surprizing...

killians is good, yeungling is good... If you like hoppy but not too hoppy try magic hat circus boy, #9 is too bland for me and Krazy kat is waaaayyyyyy too hoppy

As for the hard stuff, gin and tonic is one of my favorites, tanqueray if i want it on the sweet side, bombay if I want it on the dry side, and house if I'm being a cheap bastard... I also like bourbons and whiskeys on the rocks

As for wine, I love wine, mostly reds, cellar #8 cab sav is good, red diamond merlot is good, but to be honest I've had so many wines I dont know how to recommend them...

and you can never go wrong with a couple nips of fireball ;)

Meier Link 07-01-2015 06:07 PM

Just got done with mowing the yard and dinner. Sitting down with a 16oz tall boy of budweiser enjoying the ac and fans after a shower. Got some fireball chilled and waiting for the kiddos to crash out.

Wolverine 07-02-2015 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by scottiemann (Post 388016)
man I gotta try that root beer ale!!

You do! It's a little pricey but it is great!

Hangfly 07-02-2015 01:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Did somebody say "too hoppy?"
That is difficult for me to comprehend. :)
For easy to find beer you buy at the store, I normally buy this:

Attachment 21960

scottiemann 07-03-2015 08:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ready for tomorrow...

Attachment 32892

grabbed some root beer ale to try, cant wait

Big_Jim59 07-03-2015 08:28 PM

I stared drinking Coors Beer in college and that's what I still like. I don't drink beer much or any alcoholic beverages for that matter. it is not a matter of conscious but one of convenience. I don't drink and drive and since i don't know when I will have to drive i don't drink (much). I mostly drink a river of ice tea with Splenda.

scottiemann 07-03-2015 08:48 PM

I started drinking bud in highschool so thats what I drink, cant stand miller but I like coors.

And I dont drink if I have my son.

nekkid 07-04-2015 11:28 AM

It started with Michelob back in 1972, lots of fun pulling the foil wrap off of the neck.
Now it's Anchor Steam for beer. There's a special on Laphroig 10 year ($39.99) and The Balvenie Double Wood ($44.99) at Costco. Also a sale on Four Roses Small Batch ($19.95) at Target. These will get me through the 4th.

BTW I don't drink when I'm traveling by motorcycle.

Meier Link 09-23-2015 03:07 PM

Just got done with the ride home from work and right now sipping (aka chugging) a 24 Oz budweiser. Much needed after the day I have had. Nothing worse then a slow day at work. 8 hours feels like 20 when you work counterpart is in snail mode.

turbotim 10-02-2015 10:25 AM

Apple Crown Royal is at the top of my list at the moment. Going to need a bottle after next weekends big ride to ease the pain of a stock seat for 260 miles.

Old Yeller 10-02-2015 10:48 AM

I tried the rootbeer this past weekend along with some friends. all of our reactions was "this could be trouble". no alcohol taste at all and on a hot day is really easy to drink. as I like rootbeer, i really enjoyed it. i could not find it in stores around here though, so I bought another brand called Coney Island Rootbeer. it was tasty as well, but the taste of the "not your father's" was better, in my opinion.

Other than that, yengling has started making a light beer and I've been drinking that lately. it's replaced my Miller High Life (light) as I like the color and taste better.

I also drink about two fingers of Jim Beam with a can of sprite added.

Oh...then there's the Midnight Moon brand of legal moonshine. I've found that to be among the best brand on the market for taste and smoothness. they make a variety of flavors that are 100 proof and make good mixers. add my sprite can to two fingers of cherry or blackberry and you get more kick due to the increased proof over Beam.

thedeatons 10-02-2015 08:32 PM

Mexican Cokes... In the bottle.

The use of cane sugar instead of corn syrup makes them taste amazing.

6 pack at Wal-Mart for $6.

James

Badboy01 10-03-2015 04:39 AM

Miller Genuine Draft when sipping on a beer with friends.

Mojitos at beach and social occasions!

Good Bourbon when I'm getting serious.

kenmoore 10-06-2015 01:42 AM

Bourbon, bourbon and more bourbon.

I like to try different types however I steer clear of the cheaper varieties.

There are some shockers out there.

thielb 10-10-2015 03:01 PM

If any of you ever get to Wisconsin, get yourself some New Glarus. I'd recommend starting with spotted cow. I think Crux is the only one that could chime in here, he's for the most part the only other active member in this fine state that I know of and it cant be sold legally anywhere else. Come and get some sometime, we know a thing or two about good beer here

https://brewsconsin.files.wordpress....7666991566.jpg

scottiemann 11-01-2015 03:34 PM

so I went to the store a few weeks back in the mood for some cheap whiskey or bourbon and found Bully Dog or Bully Boy I think its called, Boston distillery. After bringing it to the register when I saw it sitting in front of a $16 price tag, it rang in as $30 or so, it was my bad, it shouldnt have been there, so I bought some Jim Beam. Ever since then I see it on the shelf and stare it down... it stares back into my soul... I need to just buck up and buy a bottle lol

michaelangus 11-05-2015 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by thielb (Post 391207)
If any of you ever get to Wisconsin, get yourself some New Glarus. I'd recommend starting with spotted cow. I think Crux is the only one that could chime in here, he's for the most part the only other active member in this fine state that I know of and it cant be sold legally anywhere else. Come and get some sometime, we know a thing or two about good beer here

https://brewsconsin.files.wordpress....7666991566.jpg

We can't get that in Phoenix :( Luckily a friend of mine from Wisconsin brings some down everytime he visits.

Sidenote: I do enjoy the taste of hoppy beer (liquid pine trees) but I get halfway through a bottle and I wimp out...
Blue Moon will always be at the top of my list of favorites

kenmoore 11-08-2015 12:17 AM

How much is a bottle of Beam white label over there?

CrankenFine 11-10-2015 03:35 AM

Lavazza perfetto espresso. I'm really into Italian and Latino espressos lately. Can't abide Charbucks anymore.

7moore7 11-11-2015 11:50 AM

Lagavulin; can't find one I like more than that but I'll go for any of the whiskey varieties. Woodford Reserve if I'm at a grocery, or good ole Jack.

Meier Link 11-12-2015 04:35 AM

Hot cup of coffee to get this morning off right and also to kill the little bit of a hang over from last night's budweiser slaughter haha.

7moore7 11-12-2015 09:49 AM

Mmmm... boiled burnt seed juice preceded by fermented seed mash. Good choice.

xeris 11-12-2015 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by thedeatons (Post 390988)
Mexican Cokes... In the bottle.

The use of cane sugar instead of corn syrup makes them taste amazing.

6 pack at Wal-Mart for $6.

James

It's easy to come by here. How Coke was meant to taste.
You realize that the cane azucar is from Cuba? Not that I give a s#%t.

franz125 11-14-2015 08:23 AM

Chivas Regal ,blended Scotch-mmmmyami.

Wolverine 11-14-2015 02:25 PM

http://www.menageatroiswines.com/ass...bottle_red.png

Wicky 11-14-2015 06:22 PM

Ashover Liquorice Alesort ABV 5.0%

https://untappd.akamaized.net/photo/...8b_320x320.jpg

Rich black porter/stout made with black malt and crystal rye, has root liquorice added in the boil.

Wolverine 11-16-2015 03:24 PM

https://www.buyritewines.com/images/...ston-lager.gif