SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/everything-else-31/)
-   -   what kind of earbuds do yall use while riding? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/everything-else-31/what-kind-earbuds-do-yall-use-while-riding-25271/)

Bluesuperhawk83 04-17-2011 09:30 PM

what kind of earbuds do yall use while riding?

ive got sony earbuds but they always pull out of my ears when i put my helmet on. So what have yall found that works good?

Hawkrider 04-17-2011 10:17 PM

They're illegal in my state, as they are in most. Well, actually it's illegal to wear two. I think one is okay. I wear earplugs. Tried wearing my Etymotics ER6's once but they were uncomfortable.

FastRED 04-17-2011 10:43 PM

Addidas put out a new set, they are yellow and they have a special piece aside from the actual but that actually wraps into your ear. They have a yellow Kevlar cord. 89 dollars at your local Best Buy electronics store, 45 dollars if you have a friends who works there ;) They work so well that when i was being pulled over by the local PD for doing a slight wheelie(part me/ part SH badass torque) i didnt hear him yelling at me over the loudspeaker (literally yelling) see he got mad because i wasnt listening, but i was, just not to him. So anyways illegal or not, if you get pulled over quick tip, PULL ONE BUD OUT.

nykuryu 04-23-2011 05:26 PM

2 bud illegal. 1 bud is ok. they also make inserts for helmets with bult in speakers and also make slim profile ear pieces.

jay956 04-23-2011 06:28 PM

er6i

VTRsurfer 04-23-2011 07:19 PM

I just listen to the music of the VTR1000F.:cool:

mortbike 04-23-2011 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by VTRsurfer (Post 300144)
I just listen to the music of the VTR1000F.:cool:

+1 Mort

archaicguy 04-24-2011 04:22 AM

If all I drove on were roads that required a lot of on and off the throttle or shifting I would love to listen to the bike but as it has D&D exhaust and I travel a lot of highway I prefer to listen to music rather than have my brain beaten into submission by the constant roar.
By the way I use earpieces that have an arm that wraps around the back of your ear.

Verne 04-24-2011 04:41 AM

ER6i here. Work great for me.

uchi 04-24-2011 06:33 AM

i use the one sthat came with my samsung galaxy s. ive tried cheapy bud and they hurt my ears. the ones that came with my sony x10 were ok, the galaxy s ones fit great, i rocked them for about 2 straight hours yesterday with no discomfort. i just put the phone onto level 12 of 15 and that way i still hear the bike and the music

lukenukem47 04-24-2011 07:24 AM

I managed

I took apart a set of shooting ear muffs and installed the foam in my helmet. Then installed the speakers from my x2 chatter box inside that. its a lot better and you don't have to deal with pugs falling out or yak'n the cord. fyi its little tight on your ears getting it on and off but well worth it. Use fabric glue to hold everything in place. most earmuffs have the plastic covering the foam.. Use it.

mhaisten 04-24-2011 08:11 AM

I use the skull candy earbuds. They work as ear plugs also so the hiway drone goes away. Keep it low enough to still here horns or sirens.

kj4kym 04-24-2011 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by mhaisten (Post 300189)
I use the skull candy earbuds. They work as ear plugs also so the hiway drone goes away. Keep it low enough to still here horns or sirens.

i agree, skull candys are the way to go. they are comfy, sound great, and have that special coating on the wires to help keep them from tangleing. plus at the price you can find them theyre the best deal ever.
FYE: Headphones - Skull Candy Ink'D Black '10