SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/everything-else-31/)
-   -   The sound of HD's 110th (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/everything-else-31/sound-hds-110th-31019/)

CruxGNZ 08-28-2013 10:02 PM

The sound of HD's 110th

Just like Harley's 100th, the bikes started ariving early. This time around, we have bikes coming in from Sturgis, Hot Bike Power Tour, and all over the world, making for a crap load more bikes. The sound is simply amazing! You can stand anywhere you want outside and at any time there is a buzzing 360 degrees around you. Just very odd, but so damn cool to experience it, knowing how many bikes it takes to make this sound.

Me personaly, I like Harley's but would never own one. They are just...well, everyone has one and no matter how hard they try, they all seem to look the same.

Lately, I've been seeing bikes with liscense plates from Japan, Hawaii, London, South America, ect., and that is really cool. What's also cool, is everybody gets along with everybody. Harley guys get along with crotch rocket guys and vice versa.

The only thing that sucks, is I live about a quarter mile away from HWY 94, which is where a lot of the bikes are coming in from. So, the constant noise is getting really annoying. Definitely keeping the air on and the windows shut for the next several days so I can get some sleep!

Riding around here is so cool man. Just today, I was working in downtown Milwaukee. I hoped on the Superhawk and started heading home on the highway. I looked in my rearview and there was a V-Rod behind me. I move to the right and motion for him to come up in my lane. We ride two wide with each other for a few miles. Before I new it, we were six strong (like I said, bikes EVERYWHERE). Never had that happen before! I was only able to enjoy being at the front for a couple miles before my exit. But, before my exit, I flip the "your a motorcycle rider too sign" and a nod and get the same in return from the other five. Was really something else to have people just join in, never saying a word, not knowing each other.

sailorjerry 08-29-2013 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by CruxGNZ (Post 361656)
Just like Harley's 100th, the bikes started ariving early. This time around, we have bikes coming in from Sturgis, Hot Bike Power Tour, and all over the world, making for a crap load more bikes. The sound is simply amazing! You can stand anywhere you want outside and at any time there is a buzzing 360 degrees around you. Just very odd, but so damn cool to experience it, knowing how many bikes it takes to make this sound.

Me personaly, I like Harley's but would never own one. They are just...well, everyone has one and no matter how hard they try, they all seem to look the same.

Lately, I've been seeing bikes with liscense plates from Japan, Hawaii, London, South America, ect., and that is really cool. What's also cool, is everybody gets along with everybody. Harley guys get along with crotch rocket guys and vice versa.

The only thing that sucks, is I live about a quarter mile away from HWY 94, which is where a lot of the bikes are coming in from. So, the constant noise is getting really annoying. Definitely keeping the air on and the windows shut for the next several days so I can get some sleep!

Riding around here is so cool man. Just today, I was working in downtown Milwaukee. I hoped on the Superhawk and started heading home on the highway. I looked in my rearview and there was a V-Rod behind me. I move to the right and motion for him to come up in my lane. We ride two wide with each other for a few miles. Before I new it, we were six strong (like I said, bikes EVERYWHERE). Never had that happen before! I was only able to enjoy being at the front for a couple miles before my exit. But, before my exit, I flip the "your a motorcycle rider too sign" and a nod and get the same in return from the other five. Was really something else to have people just join in, never saying a word, not knowing each other.

Sounds like Florida durring bike week and biketoberfest. Bikes every where and everyone just wants to ride and enjoy riding. Doesnt matter if you know the guy or 30 guys next to you, it's just a bond before ever speaking.

blamecanada 08-29-2013 08:43 AM

sounds like a time machine, 30s technology warping forward into today ;)