SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/everything-else-31/)
-   -   Riding playlist (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/everything-else-31/riding-playlist-29181/)

merckid 09-16-2012 12:42 AM

Riding playlist

So I know im not the only one who listens to music while riding and im trying to come up with some new music so I figured why not see what everyone else listens to. Post up a few youtube video links or embeds of some of the good stuff you listen to while riding.

Wicky 09-16-2012 02:23 AM

archaicguy 09-16-2012 04:51 AM

Not sure about links but I have a nice soothing, calming mix of music I listen to every time I ride so I can curb the desire to be too aggressive while riding. Such as.....5 Finger Death Punch, Megadeth, All That Remains, Soil Work, Brain Storm, Dope, Mudvayne, KillSwitch Engage....You get the idea

PUSHrod 09-16-2012 07:08 AM

Try Mark Knopfler's "Coyote". A balladeer's spin on the Looney Tunes 'Roadrunner v. Coyote' cartoon series.

"Speedway at Nazareth", also by Knopfler, is all about racing while injured and the determination to finish the season.

Both have infectious beats.

But I don't listen to music on two wheels, there is way too much going on around me in traffic that, if missed, could hurt me. Especially those idiots in cages who have gone the tinted windows and power amp route.

scpt kirk 09-16-2012 07:56 AM

I actually use a blinc m2 bluetooth headset with built in fm radio that works perfect for me

kardiac996 09-16-2012 11:19 AM

Pandora: Lorn

smokinjoe73 09-16-2012 02:55 PM

This one is good for slicing through traffic on the road or racetrack

--(One, one and I'm on to the next one)

I never ride or race without music.

Squid 09-17-2012 03:36 PM

Like a few guys have said so far music will help dictate the way you ride. I listen to soothing songs at first (i.e. A Perfect Circle, Pixies, Sublime, ect...) on the trip out to the canyons, then as I get to the fun part I fullup the hawk and put on my Canyon Mix (5 Finger, Slayer, Minor Threat, Agent Orange, and yeah... Sail by AWOL. But of course your music will differ from mine but you get the Pic. Oh and the stuff for the ride home is classic rock.

mileyguard 09-17-2012 07:17 PM

Onomea 09-17-2012 11:58 PM

NICE, Miley. I

I prefer the orignal(showing my age). Man, this could be dangerous...
I know I got my full leathers somewhere,.... Man, those "were" the days. Ride On..

:)

Ndogg550 09-18-2012 03:57 AM

Made the mistake of listening to the score from the Dark Knight on my way out of the city (Chicago) late one night. It has been a long time since I let myself get going that fast without realizing how illegal I was behaving... I guess I should've worn a cape! Luckily no police were out. It's light stuff from now on.

smokinjoe73 09-18-2012 07:35 AM

This one will keep you smooth and flowing on the ride home

Its even called one last ride....

mileyguard 09-18-2012 08:09 AM

aja 09-18-2012 11:20 AM

I like calming music. I don't listen to any of the music I like because it is all too easy to get into the song and lose concentration. I use Pandora on my phone and listen to the Calming Meditation or Indian Classical (mainly sitar), once in a while I will listen to the LOTR sound tracks too. If you ever go just cruising try a station like one of those, it will make your ride very enjoyable.

My favorite group to listen to while riding is Canned Heat, but that's only when I know I am the only one on the road. It gets me in a rhythm without pushing me over the top.

scpt kirk 09-18-2012 11:53 AM

if your looking for specific genre...you can never go wrong with eric clapton.