Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Opinion/views on YouTube racing channels

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 05:34 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Opinion/views on YouTube racing channels

Since I sure can't seem to get an educated answer on YouTube (since 95% of the idiots watching are probably barely old enough to even drive, nevermind form a complete thought) I thought I might be able to get an actual educated answer on here...

So I'm sure like many of you I'll space out and watch entirely too much YouTube. Especially since I don't have cable hooked up and haven't in over 10 years. One of the things I find myself watching are racing/street racing videos like 1320Video, ThatRacingChannel, etc...

So, I've often wondered... How the hell do these guys make a pretty darn profitable living filming a completely illegal activity such as street racing? I mean 1320 has an office with an address, has to pay taxes, and obviously gets pretty sizeable checks mailed to them, so it's not like they're anonymous. Again, filming mostly (some stuff is on a track or runway) illegal street racing. Yes I like watching that stuff of course, and not hating on someone who's obviously found a way to do what they love and make a hell of a lot more money than I do. But a lot of what TRC films is down here along I75 in Weston, Florida, and plenty of people have gotten mangled street racing down here, including quite a few people who weren't involved in the racing. Just wonder how it's so obvious and how it's allowed to not only continue but be profited off? I'm not getting on a soapbox or anything as back in the day I did plenty of dumb **** both on bikes and in cars... But my question stands, as they're not just filming as observers, but encouraging and promoting it, and riding along in the cars.