SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/everything-else-31/)
-   -   Nice earthquake (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/everything-else-31/nice-earthquake-15601/)

zmaniv 07-29-2008 12:22 PM

Nice earthquake

We just had a nice 5.8 earthquake about 50 miles away.
Got rolling for almost 10 seconds. After I went out to check on the Hawk and everythig was ok, but I had to fuck with the guy that just got a new Harley.
I went back into work and told him I would go back out and help him pick up his bike. He just about shit himself and I couldnt keep from laughing.

Little_Horse 07-29-2008 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by zmaniv (Post 173949)
We just had a nice 5.8 earthquake about 50 miles away.
Got rolling for almost 10 seconds. After I went out to check on the Hawk and everythig was ok, but I had to fuck with the guy that just got a new Harley.
I went back into work and told him I would go back out and help him pick up his bike. He just about shit himself and I couldnt keep from laughing.

:evillaugh:

haknslash 07-29-2008 12:35 PM

Yeah we just got messages here that out LA office had an earthquake and were experiencing aftershocks.

Reason number 4558095748578345 why I could never live in Cali.

I'll stick with my tornados, hurricanes, zero winter, and hotass humid summer/fall seasons.

Hope all is well for the cali people on here.

Gregw 07-29-2008 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by haknslash (Post 173951)
Reason number 4558095748578345 why I could never live in Cali.

Yeah, it's around 74 deg with a slight breeze right now, we have about 340 days of riding every year, more if you don't mind riding in the rain. It was pretty mild for me here in Santa Monica, don't know why, I'm closer to it than San Diego. Then again, I measure quakes against the Northridge quake. That one destroyed several buildings in my neighborhood.

lynchie 07-29-2008 01:31 PM

thanks god the Hawk was OK.. you should have given the Harley a little "nudge" before you went inside....

Moto Man 07-29-2008 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Gregw (Post 173963)
Yeah, it's around 74 deg with a slight breeze right now, we have about 340 days of riding every year, more if you don't mind riding in the rain. It was pretty mild for me here in Santa Monica, don't know why, I'm closer to it than San Diego. Then again, I measure quakes against the Northridge quake. That one destroyed several buildings in my neighborhood.

I'm at the western edge of Newbury Park (~70 miles from epicenter) and did not feel the quake at all. But my wife felt it where she was in Calabassas.

zmaniv 07-29-2008 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Gregw (Post 173963)

I live in San Diego, I work in Temecula about 50 miles from the epicenter.

And as far as giving the Harley a nudge I would never do that. For most people owning one is enough punishment.

VTRsurfer 07-29-2008 04:47 PM

And as far as giving the Harley a nudge I would never do that. For most people owning one is enough punishment.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, because if you did knock one over and especially if you did it in front of a biker bar, you'd be forced to put on 3" platform shoes and do the tequila dance on top of the bar to avoid execution. "PeeWee's Big Adventure" :bananadance: