SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/everything-else-31/)
-   -   Never ending winter ! (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/everything-else-31/never-ending-winter-31788/)

Jack Flash 03-23-2014 02:16 PM

Never ending winter !

1 Attachment(s)
Well, had another 10cm snow fall yesterday, so, since it was on the sticky side, decided to play with the kids, and make a snow man.

To my great surprise, this is what I saw this morning when I open the blinds to my bed room....

Attachment 16808

When a snow man is tired of winter, it means winter has really over stretched it's stay.
Well, I guess riding is going to have to wait a few more weeks...:mad:

VTR1000F 03-23-2014 02:31 PM

Your neighbor has a nice lookin' yellow house.

smokinjoe73 03-23-2014 07:13 PM

Yeah man, it is downright discouraging. Haven't cried yet but one more snowfall and I cant say for sure.

Sposedsta drop below 20 here tonight. Full sympathy for our north of the border brethren.

RobertLever 03-23-2014 07:14 PM

Hang in there Jack; it's gotta end sometime.

scottiemann 03-23-2014 08:01 PM

Yup we just had a couple days of 40-60 degree weather here... now the 4 day forecast shows teens to 30s... sucks... maybe i just need warmer gear

smokinjoe73 03-24-2014 09:33 AM

So officially screaming at the sky and waving your fist does NOT work.

Nor does removing your snow tires each time you hope for no more snow. (this might make it worse).

This winter did force me to get a new touring jacket (Fieldsheer hydro tour; already had one). I can ride 75mph in 7*F and not be at all cold.

One glimmer of hope; MOTOGP yesterday. What a race!

scooter72 03-24-2014 11:00 AM

If i'm lucky, I will be riding by May! This past weekend it was a balmy -26C, and the forecast isn't looking too promising either, we wont see any above freezing temps until the first couple weeks of April. Then, once it finally warms up, just have to get rid of the massive amounts of snow everywhere...I'd love to give Mother Nature a big slap right about now, just after I kick old man winter square in the nuts.

nnjhawk02 03-24-2014 12:33 PM

Yep this is a Never Ending Winter, but April looks to turn it around of us in the NYC / Philly metro areas. Hopefully this Nor'Easter will stay to the East, but Boston & Cape Cod could get a big spanking.

scottiemann 03-24-2014 02:05 PM

Yea its been slowly getting warmer here... 30s and 40s and occasionally 50s... i have no problem riding in that weather but when its in the teens at 630am when im leaving for work theres no chance in hell, i just dont have gear warm enough for that...

I will prepare better next fall...

nuhawk 03-24-2014 07:23 PM

Not only has it been uncomfortable but the economic impact is massive. We should be spreading a thousand bucks worth of lawn chems a day - nada - everything is still dormant. I saw a news article weeks ago that claimed that this winter has cost Americans over 50 billion dollars. Now that's a lot of money and there's a lot of us but that's really how bad it's been. Our last cold front thru Central Texas was another insult but the low in Duluth was 3F. In years past we would be out on the abandoned rr grades in Northern Minn on our dirt bikes. Those grades are still under several feet of snow this year.

NHSH 03-24-2014 07:39 PM

Yep... I have never seen such a long winter in my life, not that I lived in this climate all the time, more like the past 17 years, I much rather have the Australian weather with all the hit waves