SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/everything-else-31/)
-   -   Motorcycle storage suggestions near LAX (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/everything-else-31/motorcycle-storage-suggestions-near-lax-32472/)

20_rc51_00 08-26-2014 09:26 AM

Motorcycle storage suggestions near LAX

Anyone have any suggestions for motorcycle storage near LAX?

In a few months I will need storage for a bike I would like to keep in LA (I'm' in Canada). Ideally it would be near LAX so that when I hop off the plane I can catch a cab to the storage location and take off.

I have found a place in San Pedro that does vehicle storage for $80/mo but it's quite far from the airport. There are a bunch of storage places near LAX that show up on the google but they don't advertise vehicle storage.... and from what I know from experience they won't allow a vehicle with combustible gas in the tank to be stored indoors...

Any other suggestions, ideas, or experiences?

smokinjoe73 08-26-2014 09:14 PM

Empty the gas tank, roll it on on swivel dollies, and buy a $5 gas can on you way to storage.

#2, put it on dollies in a refridgerator box (on its side) and act like you never even rode a bike. (maybe wear an appliance repair uniform)

#3 same as #2 but use IKEA furniture boxes.

Dont make me go to the 2 man horse costume. These are only half joking, but I guess if you ger caught it could be unpleasant.

Oh, and you could go on craigslist to look for storage. May be scary if you are many miles away though.

captainchaos 08-26-2014 10:28 PM

For what it's worth I put a motorcycle with gas in it in a small indoor storage unit for several months. No one said I couldn't...

20_rc51_00 08-27-2014 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 (Post 377553)
Empty the gas tank, roll it on on swivel dollies, and buy a $5 gas can on you way to storage.

#2, put it on dollies in a refridgerator box (on its side) and act like you never even rode a bike. (maybe wear an appliance repair uniform)

#3 same as #2 but use IKEA furniture boxes.

Dont make me go to the 2 man horse costume. These are only half joking, but I guess if you ger caught it could be unpleasant.

Oh, and you could go on craigslist to look for storage. May be scary if you are many miles away though.

:D This is kind of what I did while storing in NJ/NY at public storage. The terms of contract said no combustibles or something silly to that effect.... I never bothered to empty the tank but wheeled the bike in and out during unstaffed-open hours lol. It was always fun doing 220 point turns to get the bike into the elevator and then down the narrow corridors into the second floor locker. :mrgreen:

20_rc51_00 08-27-2014 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by captainchaos (Post 377556)
For what it's worth I put a motorcycle with gas in it in a small indoor storage unit for several months. No one said I couldn't...

Yup, me too haha. I just can't risk it this time because if I get evicted I'm really far away....

speedkelly@aol.com 09-01-2014 05:59 PM

Hi there, check your PM's

20_rc51_00 09-02-2014 09:03 AM

Thanks Speedkelly! Looks like I have it sorted for now. I replied to your pm too.