SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/everything-else-31/)
-   -   Could this happen to us? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/everything-else-31/could-happen-us-31438/)

insulinboy 12-09-2013 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by RWhisen (Post 366051)
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the forum is owned by InternetBrands Inc.

InternetBrands, Inc. : Automotive

Donating money to them is your choice.......

You learn something every day I guess.. I am a supermod in an R/C forum (R/C Tech Forums - Powered by vBulletin) owned by IB :lol:

RWhisen 12-11-2013 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by insulinboy (Post 366092)
You learn something every day I guess.. I am a supermod in an R/C forum (R/C Tech Forums - Powered by vBulletin) owned by IB :lol:

I am a member of that forum. My boy and I used to be into racing seriously with nitro then switched over to 1/8th scale electric and some 1/10th flashlight as well. Used to argue with Dawn Sanchez and Aaron Waldron regularly about what should be the "standard" 1/8th scale electric battery. They wanted 4S and I argued for unlimited. Why try and stifle development was my arguement. It has been a long time since I was on that forum though, used to screw with the Team Terrible turds pretty regularly! What a bunch of clowns they were.

ChikinLady1011 12-12-2013 04:39 AM

I'm on the slowest of all Superhawks, a poor blue one. That's ok though, because I look good on it!

hunter289 12-12-2013 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by RWhisen (Post 366051)
Back to the speed of colors. If you look at the wavelengths of color, RED is the fastest and nearest to invisible (infrared) light. Blue is slowest.....

http://ffden-2.phys.uaf.edu/212_spri...orspectrum.jpg

Technically, light all travels the same speed through like mediums, but since we're having fun here... we can attempt to quantify the speeds in frequency (since speed of light = c = constant =~ 3.08E8 m/s) relative to red. Basically, we can rate the speed of each color in Hz just like computer processors.

For the sake of making this seem somewhat plausible, we can compare the frequency of the light (cycles per second - 1/s) to laps around the track, which we will also measure in cycles, or laps per second. Of course, in reality your lap time (assuming a nice, even 1:30 time) measured in Hz would work out to 0.011 Hz. There, I hope I have complicated it enough to look believable even though it is utter nonsense.

Code:

Color          Frequency (THz)      Relative Speed (%)    Percent Faster
Red            480                  100                    00.00
Orange        510                  106.25                06.25
Yellow        530                  110.42                10.42
Green          600                  125.00                25.00
Cyan          620                  129.17                29.17
Blue          680                  141.67                41.67
Violet        790                  164.58                64.58

Sticking with the laps-to-Hz comparison I made above, for every "lap" a red bike does, a blue one does 1.4. It must be true because... um... er... science?

As it turns out, red is the slowest color and violet is the fastest. I guess Ferrari makes up for their slow color by making otherwise awesome cars. Plus, when you have the slowest color and still win the race it makes it even more humiliating for your competition.

For laughs, if you compare a Near-Infrared bike to a Near-Ultraviolet bike, you find that the UV bike is 195% the Near-IR bike, which means it is nearly twice as fast around the frequency track.

Since, in terms of light
, white is a combination of all colors, wouldn't that mean that a white bike would be the fastest? Or would it be the slowest? Or would you just be cheating? Either way it would still suck to keep clean.

NHSH 12-12-2013 09:58 AM

I guess it wouldn't matter in these speeds who is faster, as time actually slowing down to infinite, thus said, we would't be able to come with results any time sooooooon............ ;) to infinite!

nnjhawk02 12-15-2013 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by 98VTRrider (Post 365959)
Ever join a mainstream forum like ADVrider or a honda civic forum or something? Their full of 100,000 people posting nonsense and not really contributing to the community.

Here at SHF, small enough that there are the dozen or so frequent daily users, it's more of a community where everyone knows everyone. 90% of posts are someone you recognize, unless it's a new user. Then it's the same gang that's always helping the newbies.

These smaller forums have more of a sense of family, I can't stand the more mainstream forums with 100 new threads a day.

I belong to 3 or 4 different moto forums - and I agree that SHF is a great place for info.

ADV is a good forum as well & I agree with what your saying about so many posts, but ADV ride reports are excellent.

Lastly, everyone knows RED is the fastest color :)

VTR1000F 12-15-2013 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by hunter289 (Post 366211)
Since, in terms of light, white is a combination of all colors, wouldn't that mean that a white bike would be the fastest?

White is just average.

insulinboy 12-15-2013 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by VTR1000F (Post 366310)
White is just average.

Really when you think about it Black should be the fastest because black is the lack of color which means its lighter right?

hunter289 12-16-2013 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by insulinboy (Post 366317)
Really when you think about it Black should be the fastest because black is the lack of color which means its lighter right?

I guess that means a black bike is so fast you can't see it?

Wolverine 12-16-2013 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by CruxGNZ (Post 365942)
Hope this never happens here.

In trying to get this train back on the tracks... if it does, there is the Firestorm site, speedzilla has a Honda specific section that some here already post on and if anyone knows of another place, post it up. It could only help in the event that we lose this one. I've noticed for a while Greg's 996.net site is down. :(