SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/everything-else-31/)
-   -   Buying a house (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/everything-else-31/buying-house-31387/)

smokinjoe73 11-21-2013 09:32 PM

Buying a house

So as if the child on the way and new job werent plenty, I am closing on my first house of my life today.

Quick, pray for me.... I will need it. I hear its basicly signing your life away.

sheldonsl 11-22-2013 04:10 AM

Your child will practically raise itself, your new job is gonna last forever and that house is like gold in the bank. You should be worrying about Miley Cyrus, she's the one out of control.

ChikinLady1011 11-22-2013 06:25 AM

joe, you'll be fine. I was stressed too, but it's been very satisfying and the best is that rent won't go up...it goes down. :)

NHSH 11-22-2013 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by ChikinLady1011 (Post 365411)
joe, you'll be fine. I was stressed too, but it's been very satisfying and the best is that rent won't go up...it goes down. :)

+1 Right on
I'm assuming you staying in the same area in NY, prices probably will not go down, only up, so you going to make some capital gain as well as more tax return.
It seems like allot in the same time, but buying a house and paying some of the amount towards your own asset is still a better deal then paying rent, which is money out of the window, not to mention that now you can do whatever you want in your space.
Another quick suggestion if I may, sense now you will have allot in your responsibilities, get yourself life insurance at list a basic one if you don't have it already and when you do, get it from a solid company like New York Life or similar. Just my two cents ;)

Congrats bro"

insulinboy 11-22-2013 08:39 AM

I'm not very religious but I will be pulling for you.. I've gone to closing on three different houses in the past few years and something has always stopped at closing... My favorite was the repo I won the bid on... lawyers got a hold of the paperwork and the bank had put a number in the wrong spot and they forclosed on the wrong damn property :banghead: They told me I could still have it but it may be another year before closing. I passed because the house had been empty long enough that mold was just starting to form in a couple places.. Bugged the crap out of me because it was a beautiful house with a creak you had to cross to get from it to the road, had a nice little bridge *sigh* it still hasn't sold yet or come back to market and its been 3 years

Good luck with everything

scooter72 11-22-2013 09:25 AM

When I first bought my house I felt the same way....It seemed like such a monumental purchase and it scared the crap out of me....That day was 10 years now, and the value of my house and property has increased almost 4 times what I paid for it, giving me tons of equity to do a complete reno and addition and still be comfortable...money in the bank my friend. Looking back, it was the best move I ever made...besides having kids:). I will totally agree with having a good life insurance policy on the mortgage and for yourself...god forbidding something may happen, your family will have 1 less worry to deal with.

smokinjoe73 11-22-2013 09:48 PM

Wow thanks for the positivity. Got it all done today in a couple hours. Then celebrated with eating at Arby's. (we never eat fast food but my beloved wife is pregnant).

The awesome thing is that I have been living in the house for a couple years already and 2 hawks and a racebike are already snuggled in the garage (although so far the wife won't let me sleep in there for a night).

Its a duplex that my sister in law sold us so the billes are helped out alot.

Wolverine 11-23-2013 04:51 AM

Sounds like you are getting all your "ducks in a row" Joe. :) Be glad you are spared the hassle of moving all your stuff. I've lived in our current house 15 years and I cringe at the idea of packing all the stuff we have amassed over the years. Sounds like the financial help has come at the perfect time and will keep mom less stressed.

And right now isn't the best time to be cheating on your wife with your significant others. lol!!

PUSHrod 11-23-2013 06:28 AM

Welcome to. . .stability.

It's a conspiricy. Attach social anchors to the ankles and testosterone poisoning abates. For every point in your credit rating you gain, the more prudent the throttle hand becomes. The more cash flow your family consumes the less likely you will ride in the back of a police cruiser. Wife, house, child provide a shield to single friends attempts at getting you out into the ethers.

I been 'stable' for thirty years now. Welcome aboard.

smokinjoe73 11-23-2013 07:11 AM

Yeah, but you gotta fight it a little. My commute is still by hawk and both my race buddies have kids, so hopefully wont become too muted.

I do sorta have to move but just upstairs one floor, and only moved in here 2 yrs ago so trashed a million things then.

Sorta doesnt compute. Laying down at night, reaching out an feeling the baby kick, standing in my own yard, etc. Hard to wrap your head around.

But I would be wrong to say I did it. I know some hate to hear it but from quitting drinking 8.74yrs ago to 10 yrs of married bliss to the house and child, God did it, not me.
Turns out gratitude feels better than pride anyway.

NHSH 11-23-2013 07:41 AM

Whatever the case is and what you believe in, we should all thank for the time we have on earth and all we got, we are lucky to born in this time of history with the mighty Hawk :) and motorcycles in general, to be WHERE we are today and to have the little freedoms we have.

nnjhawk02 11-23-2013 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by NHSH (Post 365457)
Whatever the case is and what you believe in, we should all thank for the time we have on earth and all we got, we are lucky to born in this time of history with the mighty Hawk :) and motorcycles in general, to be WHERE we are today and to have the little freedoms we have.

+1

GiddyUp

Though - I wish I was old enough to enjoy the 60's - free love & everything...

And Joe - Congrats - I raise a glass to ur good luck (sorry I had to)

brothermike 11-24-2013 07:03 AM

congrats, you will be much better off in the long run. Enjoy

RobertLever 11-24-2013 09:17 AM

Congratulations Joe. Welcome to the anxiety of adulthood. LOL!