SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Everything Else (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/everything-else-31/)
-   -   Anyone as stupid as me ??? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/everything-else-31/anyone-stupid-me-32757/)

tillyhawkrider 12-18-2014 11:31 PM

Oh my lord Joe!! You just keep stepping squarely into the sight picture! Yes those cowboys that beat their horses rode fast just not for very far, while those cowboys that loved their horses, well they weren't going any where because they were looking for the right stump to get up on.

Is what you're stating something to the effect of "the full limits of intended usage"?

Or possibly somewhat rational use with in equipment capabilities?

The Dragons Tail runs through my backyard

smokinjoe73 12-19-2014 07:55 AM

Tilly, you are figuring burnouts as part of the intended use for the VTR?

Guess that's where we disagree.

Guess you are a burnout guy.

RoadManiac 12-19-2014 09:33 AM

also its not like i go out and buy used tyres for doing burnouts, just when a tyre is past the point that i dont feel safe i smoke it, so maybe 2 burnouts in a year
like thats going to effect the engine in anyway

7moore7 12-19-2014 08:18 PM

Joe, you think exploding in some cylinders to run loops around a field was the intended use of the organic matter that decomposed into crude oil thousands of years ago was the intention? Or the aluminum extracted from the ground? Or maybe the people who designed the plastic process for the fairings had hopes of it being used for medical equipment or space exploration. Hell, when you look at how many complex resources are put into plastic happy meal toys, we are a long way off from optimizing or even come close to criticizing what we do for recreation I would think...

VTR1000F 12-19-2014 08:54 PM

A casual examination of a SuperHawk will make it painfully obvious that the intended purpose of this device is for use in rain, snow and ice. Right, joe?

smokinjoe73 12-19-2014 09:21 PM

7, your sounding a bit stoned. Happy meals? Are those the muchies? Space medicine? Huh? Pull youself together man.

Yes, all those things were for that purpose. But now since its all a superhawk, in my book burnouts are a sensless abuse of said materials.

And don't get me started on "space exploration". Aren't we supposed to be living on the moon by now? Or did we even ever go there? If so why aren't there commuter trips by now? Crude airplanes turned to commercial airlines. Moon shots haven't even been tried since the 60's? Does that make sense?

C'mon guys. You either are a burnout guy or not. But it is abusive. I will flog my racebikes for days at a time but yeah, going through the gears is meant to be while moving. (IMHO)/YMMV

7moore7 12-20-2014 05:37 AM

Close, but it was scotch and not grass ;)

I think I'm a burnout guy, but I've never tried one. Perhaps I'll reform once I get older to a higher bike ethical standard and only use my bike for the intended sport touring. I'll probably put all of the intended oem parts back on too

jerryh 12-20-2014 08:03 AM

Couple years ago the local Kaw dealer had a little bike show/meet and greet in the parking lot. Cones set up for mini races and other events, food etc. Had a burnout competition for guys who's rears were trashed anyway. So picture 4 bikes lighting up the rears and a huge cloud of smoke drifting into the dealership. Fire alarm went off and fire trucks roared up sirens blaring and all. Everyone choking on smoke and laughing their ass's off. Firemen stuck around and enjoyed the show. Cool vibe

Wolverine 12-20-2014 10:16 AM

Joe, spent any time on a dirt bike?? Tell me you've never sat in a mud puddle and spun a 10 foot high rooster tail!?!?! I practically grew up on dirt and ohh the fun of it. Was a dirt bike designed to sit still and spin tire? I think not (no airflow through the 2 strokes air cooling fins in my case). Did it hurt my bike, no. I wish I knew how many miles I traveled on that thing!
Ya really can be a burnout guy and not be the drunkard Hardly type. :) Live a little! Do ya ever loft the front wheel just for the fun of it?

And as always VTR1000F's post = :thumbsup:

Anyone have a good VTR burnout vid to share??

Wolverine 12-20-2014 10:17 AM

http://www.silverfishlongboarding.co...4&d=1393262482

RoadManiac 12-20-2014 11:24 AM

me on the hawk

VTR1000F 12-20-2014 12:22 PM

RoadManiac, in my narrow view, I don't feel your post was in the proper spirit of the intended use of this forum.

Nice Mad Max style donut, BTW.

tillyhawkrider 12-21-2014 12:44 AM

Say Joe, I can't afford to be a "burned-out" guy. It maybe fun for some. if so DO IT! You know whatever blows their dress up. Stunting also isn't my thing, but there are those that... I am with you on the pointless abuse issue. I enjoy my hawk, I even like riding it whether anyone notices me or not. I don't need to make a statement with my hawk. It's not a status symbol for me, it's all about the luxury of one of the real pleasures in my life.

The Dragons Tail runs through my backyard