SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Ebay (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/ebay-44/)
-   -   Somebody might like these. If legit? (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/ebay-44/somebody-might-like-these-if-legit-11575/)

Verne 05-27-2007 07:19 AM

Somebody might like these. If legit?

I found these this morning while browsing eBay.

Seems a little cheap for a set of Marchesini Wheels but if you are looking for a set it might pan out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...5732813&rd=1,1

superbling 05-27-2007 07:29 AM

Daaay-ummmm!

iamanonymous 05-27-2007 08:23 AM

taking everything in my power not to do buy it now....thanks a lot for the nightmares....it only makes it that much worse cuz i need a front wheel anyway...

midijunky 05-27-2007 08:29 AM

you're the devil :(

iamanonymous 05-27-2007 08:34 AM

omg, omg, omg, currently considering selling the ps3, games, and movies....

calitoz 05-27-2007 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Verne (Post 54643)
I found these this morning while browsing eBay.

Seems a little cheap for a set of Marchesini Wheels but if you are looking for a set it might pan out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...5732813&rd=1,1

I'd buy that in a sec if I did not intend to do the SSS VFR and 954 front end. Great deal...quick someone do the Dibs thing :D

Verne 05-27-2007 11:31 AM

I was tempted too. Have some other things I need before those but DAMN what a price. I saw them and almost did the buy now just to have them.

iamanonymous 05-27-2007 11:45 AM

i cant believe i just did that.....
:-)

iamanonymous 05-27-2007 11:47 AM

anybody want a set of stock wheels?

calitoz 05-27-2007 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by iamanonymous (Post 54669)
i cant believe i just did that.....
:-)

Congrats...

midijunky 05-27-2007 11:50 AM

congrats, you beat me to it ;) 5 more hours and I would have. post pics when they come in and you get them mounted.

iamanonymous 05-27-2007 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by midijunky (Post 54672)
congrats, you beat me to it ;) 5 more hours and I would have. post pics when they come in and you get them mounted.

will do. btw i finally took new pics of my bike today....

Hawkrider 05-27-2007 01:17 PM

Damn, you suck! I had a question out to the seller about the abnormal wear pattern on the rear where the sprocket carrier meets the wheel. Be careful on that. Could be a problem.

iamanonymous 05-27-2007 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkrider (Post 54679)
Damn, you suck! I had a question out to the seller about the abnormal wear pattern on the rear where the sprocket carrier meets the wheel. Be careful on that. Could be a problem.

very true, but in his auction, it is not listed that the wheels have any problems. if they do, they are getting returned and i will demand my money from paypal.

iamanonymous 05-27-2007 05:22 PM

i now see what you mean. i agree it is a little odd. i dont know much about diagnosing that issue. what could it be? it appears to me they are to be bolted together, so i dont see it as being an issue....

Hawkrider 05-27-2007 07:39 PM

Hehe, yeah he also stated that he never mounted them too. Hopefully things will work out. You having them recoated?

No, they're not bolted together. The bolt heads on the wheel hub go into the rubber dampers on the sprocket carrier. It's a slip fit. It looks to me like some kind of misalignment problem may have happened. Maybe someone used the wrong spacers or something. Can't really be sure until you get them mounted up to see what's going on there.

iamanonymous 05-28-2007 02:27 PM

here is the reply from the seller:
Hi iamanonymousf22b,
Good job! The wheels you just purchased are super trick and are not damaged except the paint finish has some nicks. They are worth a ton of $$ if you buy them new. I hate to part with them but I needed some $. They have normal wear from use and some nicks and scuffs from the former owner mounting tires. The wear you see on the cush drive faces is nothing to worry about at all. It is just the cush drive moving back and forth durring normal use causing the face color to rub off. These wheels are straight and do not appear to have ever been in a lay down or crash whatsoever. The sides beads are perfectly straight. Some of the marks on the rear wheel are from shipping when the cush drive and sprocket bounced around in the box. (the srpocket is a 43 tooth) No big deal but did scratch the finish on a couple of spokes but will not be seen once the wheel is mounted. I would recommend that you mount tires of your choice and than get some dark gray/charcoal color touch up paint and touch up the nicks..or just bolt them up and go if you are not too picky. I think they will look just fine when you mount them as is. The front comes with a tire that has miles left in it and the wheels have all the bearings, spacers and seals that seem to be in good shape. I am sending a spare air chuck as the the one on the rear was hit when the sprocket bounced around when I got it. I think its OK but you will need to make sure it does not leak when you mount a rear tire. I will pack real careful and ship on Wednesday this coming week. I need to find a good box or 2 to make sure you get them in in good shape. I will probably lose $ on shipping but thats OK.
Regards and thanks for buying from me. You will not be dissapointed!
Dave Idzerda

iamanonymous 06-03-2007 07:52 AM

check the link in my sig to see them mounted! they feel great! damn the rain.

Verne 06-03-2007 08:21 AM

Those are nice.

I have a question about the rear spools. Any specs on them? What did you use?

Verne

iamanonymous 06-03-2007 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Verne (Post 55471)
Those are nice.

I have a question about the rear spools. Any specs on them? What did you use?

Verne

they are lp racing swinger sliders. i used a SMALL drill bit and the correct tap for the bolts included. took all of 2 minutes. and they work, used many times. been like that for at least 6 months. do it. i have a friend with a 919 that split the difference between the top and bottom of the swingarm but imo it looked tacky so i put mine at the bottom.
ps my original plan was to weld on my 900rr brace....just in case, but i never got around to it.

Verne 06-03-2007 08:49 AM

I was thinking of drilling all the way through then placing a sleeve in there for crush purposes and getting a longer bolt for the spool and bolt in on.

I have not thought about just drilling in one side and tapping it.

Verne

iamanonymous 06-03-2007 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Verne (Post 55473)
I was thinking of drilling all the way through then placing a sleeve in there for crush purposes and getting a longer bolt for the spool and bolt in on.

I have not thought about just drilling in one side and tapping it.

Verne

it'll work either way