SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Classifieds (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/classifieds-32/)
-   -   WTB : Stock Windscreen ! Please ! (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/classifieds-32/wtb-stock-windscreen-please-16393/)

HRCVTR1000 10-05-2008 08:33 AM

WTB : Stock Windscreen ! Please !

I have gone through two of the Ebay DB dark smoke windscreens ( they keep hairline cracking at the mirror mounts ) Unfortunately I donated my stock one to a fellow forum member (Free + shipping) who was in desperate need of one a few months ago . I am hoping someone can return the favor . I am not expecting one for free ( would be nice though !)and will pay a reasonable price for a nice one if someone has one they are willing to part with . Help a fellow member out . I DID !

LineArrayNut 10-05-2008 08:51 AM

i've got one pm me an email addy and i'll send ya a pic

cliby 10-05-2008 08:58 AM

I have my stock one I took off after a year or so. I'm sure its dirty and in the bug-covered condition it was when removed 7 years ago, but otherwise should be very good shape. I have a lockhart tinted one with a small lip too with even less use as I was searching for the'perfect' screen. You are welcome to either if you want to pay shipping. and depending on how busy I am you may have to pay boxing if I only have time to take it to a shipping place where they package - but shouldn't be much either way. let me know if you need either or if linearray's doesn't work out.

LineArrayNut 10-05-2008 09:46 AM

take cliby's freebies, I'm a cheapskate, I'd like to get a 10 -spot plus shipping, lol!

HRCVTR1000 10-05-2008 11:23 AM

Thanks guys , ( both of you !) PM sent to CLIBY. If that doesnt work out I will get with you LineArrayNut . Gotta go with Free first LOL ! I knew I could count on my fellow forum members ! I guess there is such a thing as Karma !

HRCVTR1000 10-05-2008 05:42 PM

Windsheild deal done ! I guess there really is such a thing as Karma http://www.chiff.com/graphics/my-name-is-earl.jpg Thanks guys , Superhawk Forum members are the best !

drew_c14 10-05-2008 05:48 PM

Karma rocks! Thanks for the screen a couple months ago!

HRCVTR1000 10-05-2008 06:03 PM

No problem Drew ! I was glad to help out . Its funny about 2 weeks after I sent mine to you I noticed a crack in the lower corner of my new one ( Damn P.O.S Ebay windscreen ) so I ordered another , that one magnified the sun and burned a nice little spot on the top of my cluster ! FAWK ! Then yesterday it cracked again after a couple hard missed shift wheelie landings ! Oh well it all works out in the end . I am just glad we have so many good people on here that help each other out ! As Earl would say do good things and good things happen LoL ! Needless to say I think I going to stick with stock one for a little while :) And oh yeah , didnt I give away a Steering dampner a while back ? I think I need another one ......Anyone .....Anyone ........:rolleyes:.........:rotf:

HRCVTR1000 10-08-2008 06:34 PM

Big Thanks ! LineArrayNut

Thanks for the windscreen ! Received it today ,Its in great shape . Good guy to deal with ! Let me know if I can ever help you out .

LineArrayNut 10-16-2008 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by HRCVTR1000 (Post 184595)
Thanks for the windscreen ! Received it today ,Its in great shape . Good guy to deal with ! Let me know if I can ever help you out .

i need a redhead...help, please?:cool:

Syclone 10-16-2008 09:47 PM

I've got a stock one with some bad rash on it (looks like it's been hit with a ton of rocks) but you can still see through it. I took it off because I switched to a Puig dB. Free + shipping to whoever needs it.

jim2000VTR 10-30-2008 09:13 AM

Oh nuts... I just paid for an eBay tinted screen.:(

RoofCleanPhenom 11-08-2008 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by LineArrayNut (Post 185576)
i need a redhead...help, please?:cool:

LMAO

Yea I was considering an ebay windscreen...
All they have at a decent price is that Double Bubble style... Certainly not the look I like.
Interestingly reading about the windscreen and some problems with plastics, I also found the rear huggers on ebay are problematic as well.
Lesson learned... No more ebay crap for me.