SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Classifieds (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/classifieds-32/)
-   -   WTB - Speigler Riser Kit for '99 VTR1000F (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/classifieds-32/wtb-speigler-riser-kit-99-vtr1000f-25561/)

sgv_vtr 05-13-2011 08:06 AM

WTB - Speigler Riser Kit for '99 VTR1000F

Is there a vendor who can get a Superhawk Forum member a little discount on a riser kit for my Superhawk? Have looked into other methods to properly modify my bike to adapt superbike bars, and it is obvious the Speigler kit is the cleanest and most complete setup.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm sure other members would not mind a break if it could be had.

Of course, if someone has a kit they bought and no longer need, please advise.

Terry

superhen 05-13-2011 08:40 AM

I used a Speigler kit on another bike, very nice. You'll have to be ok with cutting your fairing though, which can be challenging for some.

You could go this route, just as nice:

Comfort kit + handlebars : VTR Firestorm : Honda Comfort : Shop

It'd be cheaper than Speigler, even with the overseas shipping. Use discount code bikemag for 5% off.

Brad

sgv_vtr 05-13-2011 11:32 PM

Hey, superhen, very cool! Looks awesome, I'm gonna check out the exchange rate and may order soon. Nice looking product. I am amazed I have not heard or seen this item before.

Again… thanks, I will update what I do and how it went.

Terry

zwoehr 05-15-2011 09:50 AM

Drilling your stock top triple is an option too. Costs about a tenth of any of the kits.

waldrm 05-19-2011 12:59 PM

Superbike bars

I have a top steering clamp from a '99 CB750 Nighthawk that is a direct fit on the VTR forks. Uses any 7/8" bars you choose and the bars risers are properly reinforced in the clamp and rubber isolated as well. Even has the little square Honda logo on it. Shipped to you for $100.00

Old Yeller 05-19-2011 02:19 PM

That's good stuff to know. I'm being lazy and not searching, but does anyone know how much rise can be done without replacing all the lines?

sgv_vtr 05-20-2011 11:13 PM

I had heard about using a cb750 upper tripple clamp, then heard someone else say they are not the same. I bought one, not sure exact year, but are you certain that what you have will be an exact match to the VTR upper clamp? If so, very interested. And when I get home will try to confirm what year part I bought. But for sure it does not fit, the mounting on the steering stem is different. Would love to hear from you that you have confirmed what you have will fit!

Thanks, Terry

jhiker229 05-21-2011 07:13 AM

Do you know how much higher that comfort fit kit gives you over stock height. Looks interesting.:)

nath981 05-21-2011 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by jhiker229 (Post 303496)
Do you know how much higher that comfort fit kit gives you over stock height. Looks interesting.:)

search "superbike bars" I got 55mm risers from Forest at wheeling cycle parts, drilled the top triples, and am on my second set of bars and still no quite satisfied. I think the Spiegler Superbike fat bars, not the superbike low far bars(also avail at wheeling cycle), give you a good rise and pullback. Drilling the top clamp is easy and i used all my lines although I have Galpher SS brake lines. There are plenty of pics if you search this forum.