SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Classifieds (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/classifieds-32/)
-   -   Wanted: Tank Bra (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/classifieds-32/wanted-tank-bra-19251/)

tbartley 06-22-2009 12:51 PM

Disregard

Anyone got a tank bra in good condition they don't want/need anymore? PM me with how much?
Thanks,
tyronne

Pimpsterbim1 06-22-2009 01:56 PM

PM sent.

finepooch 06-22-2009 05:00 PM

have one. buy me lunch and it's yours. doesn't even have to be nice, even lousy ol' mctrash would be a good deal for me!!! hahahahahaha

seriously, don't put that garbage on your bike. chaffes paint. check out thetankslapper.com

Pimpsterbim1 06-22-2009 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by finepooch (Post 223560)
have one. buy me lunch and it's yours. doesn't even have to be nice, even lousy ol' mctrash would be a good deal for me!!! hahahahahaha

seriously, don't put that garbage on your bike. chaffes paint. check out thetankslapper.com

The PO of my bike ran one for the better part of 20k miles, and I used my LP bra for about 2k miles. The only mark on my tank is from when I didnt have it on and droped a socket on my tank, no pant chaffes or anything. The only reason i dont use mine anymore is because I didnt like the look on my yellow bike..

finepooch 06-23-2009 06:54 AM

what about dirt getting under the bra? it gets in there and builds up. over time it's like sand paper grinding your finish. but if you have good luck, good for you. everyone has their choices and that's cool.

tbartley 06-23-2009 07:12 PM

Thanks finepooch for the tankslapper advice. I'll check it out.

Rollin20z 06-24-2009 02:35 PM

what about dirt getting under the bra? it gets in there and builds up. over time it's like sand paper grinding your finish
Only takes 5 seconds (literally) to remove. Besides if I have dirt building up under the bra, then that bike is too dirty for me to ride:rotf:. I have never had a problem with them scratching or scuffing the paint.

Tyronne,
I might have a extra one if your still looking.
LMK

tbartley 06-24-2009 03:53 PM

Rollin20z...I'm good for right now, but thanks for the offer.

nuhawk 06-24-2009 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Rollin20z (Post 223897)
Only takes 5 seconds (literally) to remove. Besides if I have dirt building up under the bra, then that bike is too dirty for me to ride:rotf:. I have never had a problem with them scratching or scuffing the paint.

I agree. A clean bike is a well inspected bike. Besides - it's just purdy!

These factory finishes are incredibly hard. It's takes a direct stone-hit or a moron to ding them. The first owner of my bike was both when it came to the tank. I can't wait to strip it and start over. When I do, there will be no tank bra on it - ever.

slabm7 06-24-2009 06:06 PM

I'm also looking for a tank bra in decent condition it any one has one.