Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

GEN III UPDATE 13 MAY 19 Superhawk MOSFET RR Kit 153.00

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 08:19 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Twitchy
Hey Erik, received the reg/rec on Friday - looks fantastic, thanks! Its a heavy bugger. Now I just need some time to fit it....
Good deal.
Thanks
Old 01-11-2019, 12:57 PM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
Have you addressed the grounding issue with your wiring harness?
Old 01-11-2019, 02:40 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

Originally Posted by JamieDaugherty
Have you addressed the grounding issue with your wiring harness?
Jamie, Thanks for asking.
I Believe i have based on the common issues I have seen and read about with this bike model.The new harness and thus the new RR is grounded to the battery directly. It no longer relies on the old, long path, 4 interconnections in the path, 0,326mm2 OEM ground wire.

The RR body is grounded directly to the subframe. In the many I have worked on or tested, I have never found a significant resistance issue from the sub frame where the RR mounts to motor or battery ground. Have you?

If a user has done a bunch of powder coating or painting of frame, sub frame and not cleaned the metal to metal points of contact, and or is missing the OEM ground strap, the OEM ground wires are shoddy, loose, corroded, or the sub frame is so loosely attached it is about to fall off, I could envision a ground path issue..But never seen one on this bike model... Have you Jamie?

If that is not what your referring to, please elaborate Im also up to learn something new to solve.

Thanks

Last edited by E.Marquez; 01-12-2019 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-12-2019, 03:02 PM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by E.Marquez

Jamie, Thanks for asking.
I Believe i have based on the common issues I have seen and read about with this bike model.The new harness and thus the new RR is grounded to the battery directly. It no longer relies on the old, long path, 4 interconnections in the path, 0,326mm2 OEM ground wire.

The RR body is grounded directly to the subframe. In the many I have worked on or tested, I have never found a significant resistance issue from the sub frame where the RR mounts to motor or battery ground. Have you?

If a user has done a bunch of powder coating or painting of frame, sub frame and not cleaned the metal to metal points of contact, and or is missing the OEM ground strap, the OEM ground wires are shoddy, loose, corroded, or the sub frame is so loosely attached it is about to fall off, I could envision a ground path issue..But never seen one on this bike model... Have you Jamie?

If that is not what your referring to, please elaborate Im also up to learn something new to solve.

Thanks

Yes, that's it. The grounding issue is well documented for all Honda models including the VTR. I'm glad to hear you have included that feature!
Old 02-12-2019, 12:24 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

Another rider not worried about regulator issues

Not worried anymore that is

Set up for 5mm battery screws and ready to make the simple connections needed to have a bullet proof charging system
Old 05-13-2019, 10:53 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

GEN III MOSFET Kit now available. No more soldering, no old OEM wiring harness used.... All new cabling from RR to stator & battery

(Note: cable is not in installed position)

Gen III Plug and play ready to install Superhawk MOSFET RR Kit FH020 ( 50 amp rated, and the VTR Alt output is MAX of 23.3amps @12VDC)
$153.00 shipped Priority mail in the US.

Easy, fast and complete, not a general fit kit that will have excess wiring you have to pile up someplace, but a kit that is designed to fit the Honda Superhawk perfectly.

Entire kit is pre-assembled. The installer only need remove old RR, bolt in place the new MOSFET RR, unplug the stator from the old wiring harness and plug in the new RR cabling provided. Add the charge cable ring terminals to your batter and your done, zip tie cabling in place, replace tail cowl and go ride. This kit will come with 6mm battery terminals found commonly on lead acid type batteries. If you want the smaller 5mm terminals used with some Li Ion batteries just ask at the time you order.
This kit replaces all of the known problems with the VTR charging system. Melted plugs, burnt wires, Diode RR, gaining increased charge voltage to the battery in the process. All protected in your choice of the available wire sheathing options, marine rated circuit breaker. No weak soldered joints all terminals are professionally crimped with the correct F and O crimps on wire / insulator with heat shrink tube stress relief on terminals where needed.

Last edited by E.Marquez; 05-13-2019 at 11:01 AM.
Old 05-19-2019, 09:09 PM
Squid

BigRed is on a distinguished road
How do I claim one?
PM sent.

Last edited by BigRed; 05-19-2019 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Sent pm.
Old 05-20-2019, 04:32 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

Originally Posted by BigRed
How do I claim one?
PM sent.
You just did
Old 05-22-2019, 02:52 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

Originally Posted by BigRed
How do I claim one?
PM sent.
You did...

On its way
Old 07-01-2019, 11:07 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

3 Kits ready to go

Three MMS GEN III MOSFET VTR1000F kits ready to ship... $153.00 USD shipping included for all US locations, non US locations add $24 for international shipping and fees.

Old 07-29-2019, 04:06 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

Fresh built ready to ship.
Old 04-21-2020, 07:20 AM
Back Marker

barrysuperhawk
Couple of questions, one quick and one more involved:

Are you still making and shipping these now? Specifically in April 2020 given world events?

I had my last R/R die about 6 months before you started this thread, so I bought the CBR1000RR R/R and did the same kludge job that everyone else was doing at the time. including hacking melted connectors, using crimp connectors etc. Well, some people were doing nice, neat work, but I did not, I just made it work rather than make it neat. So fast forward to now, I am getting ready to do my spring cleaning and maintenance and have a plan to ride my bike more and farther this year (the better to retain my social distance yo!). How well does this kit integrate onto a bike that has already had a R/R hack job done on it? Does it replace/eliminate/deal with all of the wires from the factory wiring harness that I would have had to hack to get the other R/R installed?
Old 04-21-2020, 11:07 AM
PNW Tour Guide
Squid

skifreak is on a distinguished road
Looks like a nice kit.

Although I kind of like the zen of crimping, soldering and heat shrinking electrical connections and making it all perfect, sometimes it is nice when everything is plug and play. Did this install on my VFR a while ago and it just might be time to upgrade the SH as well. Kinda hard to resist when you package it up all neatly like that.
Old 04-21-2020, 04:57 PM
Superstock

CaryDG is on a distinguished road
I'm not speaking for Eric, but it bypasses the OEM wiring loom and plugs directly into the connection under the seat, behind the fuel tank.(see pics), connect to the battery posts and you're done. It's about as "Plug-n-Play" as you can get. I can't imagine anyone "hacking" further than that.
Old 04-21-2020, 06:20 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

Originally Posted by barrysuperhawk

Are you still making and shipping these now? Specifically in April 2020 given world events?
Yes I am

I had my last R/R die about 6 months before you started this thread, so I bought the CBR1000RR R/R and did the same kludge job that everyone else was doing at the time. including hacking melted connectors, using crimp connectors etc. Well, some people were doing nice, neat work, but I did not, I just made it work rather than make it neat. So fast forward to now, I am getting ready to do my spring cleaning and maintenance and have a plan to ride my bike more and farther this year (the better to retain my social distance yo!). How well does this kit integrate onto a bike that has already had a R/R hack job done on it? Does it replace/eliminate/deal with all of the wires from the factory wiring harness that I would have had to hack to get the other R/R installed?
Yes its is a direct kit that bypasses all OEM wiring other then the Stator wire, and even that if your stator side connector is damaged I can supply a new connector kit or a pig tail
Old 04-21-2020, 06:22 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

Originally Posted by skifreak
Looks like a nice kit.

Although I kind of like the zen of crimping, soldering and heat shrinking electrical connections and making it all perfect, sometimes it is nice when everything is plug and play. Did this install on my VFR a while ago and it just might be time to upgrade the SH as well. Kinda hard to resist when you package it up all neatly like that.

Ready to go
Old 04-22-2020, 02:42 PM
SuperSport

ACE VenTRa is on a distinguished road
Ya know given the cost of plane tickets lately I think it would be reasonable if you flew up here and installed one for me while I drink beer and watch. I could probably swing for lunch...if you come down on the price a bit...maybe throw in a coil kit and one o them fancy dash faces you got.

AV
Old 04-22-2020, 03:51 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

Originally Posted by ACE VenTRa
Ya know given the cost of plane tickets lately I think it would be reasonable if you flew up here and installed one for me while I drink beer and watch. I could probably swing for lunch...if you come down on the price a bit...maybe throw in a coil kit and one o them fancy dash faces you got.

AV
That would be a vacation for me with my current work load at the shop and my "day job" right now.
Old 05-17-2020, 06:34 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

My Apologies I never saw this post.

The GEN III Kit replaces all OEM wiring but for the cable that comes off the stator. If that wiring is also damaged, I have replacement connectors for it, and can make a repair pigtail if needed.

Erik
Old 09-11-2020, 01:48 AM
Squid

Firstof3 is on a distinguished road
I'm in e-mail sent.
Old 01-15-2021, 11:15 AM
Superstock

102dals is an unknown quantity at this point
Erik,
Do you have RR kits built & ready to ship?
Old 02-14-2021, 04:44 AM
Squid

YoshSuperHawk is on a distinguished road
Interested in a kit also
Old 03-12-2021, 10:37 PM
Squid

Craig DAndrea is on a distinguished road
Same here! I'll take a kit. Email sent
Old 03-18-2021, 04:19 PM
Squid

Craig DAndrea is on a distinguished road
Count me in, too!
Old 05-29-2021, 11:14 AM
Superstock

102dals is an unknown quantity at this point
Erik...ready to buy now. Do you have kits available?
Thanks
Old 07-20-2021, 01:59 PM
Squid

BluetailHawk is on a distinguished road
I’d love a kit too!

Thank you in advance Eric!
I would love a kit!

email sent…
Old 07-21-2021, 06:26 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Just so y'all know, Erik has been uber busy with work stuff. If he doesn't reply via email in a timely manner, may want to pursue another option for parts.
Old 07-22-2021, 07:21 AM
Squid

BluetailHawk is on a distinguished road
Rick’s (?)

Do you guys have any reviews for this RR from ricks? 35amp. MOSFET

Thanks!

https://ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/Hot-Shot-Series-Honda-Rectifier-Regulator-10_106H
Old 07-22-2021, 04:53 PM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
You might try here.
https://easternbeaver.com/Main/Elec_...onnectors.html
Old 07-23-2021, 11:05 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BluetailHawk
Do you guys have any reviews for this RR from ricks? 35amp. MOSFET

Thanks!

https://ricksmotorsportelectrics.com...ulator-10_106H
FYI I’ve worked full time (4 years and PT 3) at a used sport bike shop and I’ve installed a metric chit ton of Ricks R/R’s and stators. Primarily in Gixxers that eat them. As far as I know, we’ve never had one come back. I’d highly recommend Ricks. Eriks first of course…

Quick Reply: GEN III UPDATE 13 MAY 19 Superhawk MOSFET RR Kit 153.00