SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Classifieds (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/classifieds-32/)
-   -   For Sale - 2003 SuperHawk, Central Cali (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/classifieds-32/sale-2003-superhawk-central-cali-35124/)

AlanS 09-16-2018 03:17 PM

For Sale - 2003 SuperHawk, Central Cali

60 Attachment(s)
Taking a deep breath (LOL)...

I'm selling a 2003 SuperHawk, with 252xx miles. Price: $3450. Location, Rosamond, Cali, 93560. I believe I have most if not all of the original parts, e.g., swing-arm, wheels, etc.
  • Manual CCTs
  • Moriwaki (racing) swing-arm
  • Gale-Speed forged aluminum wheels (gun metal grey color)
  • Daughtry Motorsports repurposed/rebuilt CBR F4i shock (built for 190#)
  • Eric's MOSFET R/R kit/wiring (note repositioning of relay under seat)
  • Active brand oil cooler w/ braided oil lines
  • K&P reusable oil filter (surgical steel-mesh filtration)
  • Denali D2 2.0 dual-intensity, LED driving lights w/ switching
  • ASV infinitely-adjustable levers
  • Recently refreshed/jetted carbs
  • Flo-Commander
  • Lightened (Mori specs) fly-wheel
  • CBR-954 front calipers w/ braided lines
  • CBR-600 (2013) front radial master cylinder
  • 520 chain conversion/new chain, front and rear sprockets (stock gearing)
  • LifePO4 lithium ion battery
  • Scott steering damper
  • Corbin seat (perfect shape; heavy as hell)
  • Givi 46L (46 liter) locking top box (removable, see pics; fits a full-size helmet with room to spare; unlock, carry in to hotel as luggage)
  • Zero gravity windshield
  • LED rear running/brake-lights (red) in stock enclosure
  • LED headlight (ballast-less)
  • Lady Bird exhaust hangers
  • Two Brothers exhausts (thanks, captainchaos)
  • Speedo DRD-H1 speedometer 'healer' calibrator
  • .90kg/mm Race Tech progressive fork springs w/ 7.5 wt. oil (forks have 'Ditchfield' mod performed)
  • Coerce fender-eliminator kit
  • Coerce front sprocket cover
  • Coerce fork brace
  • LSL frame savers
  • Orginal Owner's Manual
  • Honda Shop Manual
  • Clymer Manual
I realize I'm walking the same walk (of Shame) as countless others who've gone before me, and preaching to the choir here. I've decided not to part the bike out. It just seems wrong. I paid $3400 for the bike with 21K miles on it (and far fewer upgrades). I'm told a reasonable price for the bike is $2800. So I'm asking 650 bucks for the upgrades. Seems fair to me. (I can add up the cost of upgrades, but suffice it to say it's more than my original cost for the bike...) No 'bites' here, so be it, I'll move along.

I'm willing to deliver the bike to a shipping agent, but the buyer will need to pay all shipping crating charges/shipping fees/etc. I'm guessing maybe 500 shipped to Tejas, another 250-300 to the East coast. But the buyer is cautioned to verify shipping costs and not take my guesstimates.Then again, I can pick you up at the plane/train/bus station, and you can ride it home as I did (from San Diego).

I have the Cali 'pink' in hand. Payment method can be negotiated, but some form of 'cash', e.g., cash, PayPal, Cashier's Check required.

Thanks,
Alan

Bald Eagle 09-17-2018 07:39 PM

Why are you selling? Are you getting out of the Two Wheeled Gangs? I would loved to have made an offer on what you have....but I am already in two ("too" with the wife) deep with Super Hawk's.
Good Luck.

captainchaos 09-17-2018 08:32 PM

F*$k me.... I'm getting those thoughts of flying in and riding it back home to Florida dancing in my head... Man that's beautiful machine.

CaryDG 09-17-2018 11:39 PM

If Only!!!

Alan, Sorry to see it go. As you know, I've seen it up close and it 's one of the cleanest ones I've seen. If I had disposable $ I'd buy it right now! It's worth every cent. Good luck.

Wolverine 09-18-2018 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by captainchaos (Post 407727)
F*$k me.... I'm getting those thoughts of flying in and riding it back home to Florida dancing in my head... Man that's beautiful machine.

Parts galore, you make out quite well. :evillaugh:

AlanS 09-21-2018 06:12 PM

I am listing the bike, starting tomorrow at 0800 PDT, on eBay @$3400. If someone here has an interest, PM me (or call: 661-221-1692). I'll have costs associated with the eBay sale that I won't have if sold via this site. I'll pass that savings on to the buyer.

I think I've got the major take-off parts, e.g., wheels, swing-arm. I'll include them in the sale. Buyer pays shipping or will pick up. I'd also be willing to ride the bike to a shipper where it would be crated, and shipped at buyer's expense. captainchaos, I can pick you up at the airport (LAX, or Burbank). I'll put you up for a night, and you can hit the '40' not far from here which will take you on a Southerly route to FL.

Why I'm selling:
I'm planning a move, into my 'retirement' home. All of the properties I'm looking at are 'rural'. One or two are on top of mountains. LOL. Literally. You look down from the access road and the San Joaquin Valley is a bunch of green 'squares'...like you're flying. Deer and elk grazing next to the road. No shit. They just look at you and go on about eating the low hanging leaves on the trees as you pass them. I've lived my whole life in apartments, condos, and tract-homes. I want a few years of...space. Anyway...many of these places don't have garages. I'd have to bundle the SH up. Or let it set out in the elements. In addition, I'd have to get it there. I already have too much to move...

Underlying reason 1, above, is the fact that I'm no spring chicken. I believe the Super Hawk has outmatched me in terms of what it can do, versus what I can. LOL. I bought a KLR-650, and I'm a whole lot more comfortable riding it (physically, and mentally) than riding the SH. I suppose I could ride the Super Hawk like...an 'old man'. But where's the fun in that? (The truth is, I most likely CAN NOT ride the SH any other way but how I've always ridden...aggressively). Frankly, I ride the KLR and the SH pretty much the same. But due to the difference in performance, the KLR's lesser acceleration, etc., I have a 'buffer' against my impulses. Everything happens a lot 'slower' on the KLR, versus the SH. I have had good 'luck' riding bikes for all my years. No major wrecks. Part of that is, somehow I've always ridden within my 'means'. Those means have contracted somewhat in the past few years. I need to adapt. ;)

Alan

AlanS 09-23-2018 05:54 PM

Thanks for your interest, Xeris...

I've priced the bike to sell on eBay. As noted, there's costs associated with that not attendant to a sale otherwise. eBay charges $125 Final Value fee. So deduct that. Also, if you don't use PayPal to pay, deduct 3% of the selling price, e.g., $3400 - 125 = $3275. $3275 x .03 = $100 (rounded). So final is $3175. I'm starting to think removing the upgrades, selling the bike stock, and selling the upgrades separate will be worthwhile... LOL.

Alan

NHSH 09-24-2018 06:58 AM

Sorry to see you go, that is a beautiful bike for sure.

Wolverine 09-24-2018 02:03 PM

GLWS Alan. Sure is a beautiful bike. Worth more than your ask IMO.