Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

Parting out complete Red 2002 11K miles

Old 07-02-2017, 02:38 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Parting out complete Red 2002 11K miles

Parting out an 11k mile '02. Bought it as a small project after it had been sitting and needed a carb clean. Had a bunch of people ask me for parts off it so I decided to part it out instead along with the black '99 I'm parting out in another posting.

Please feel free to search my previous feedback on here, I'm sure it'll speak for itself. I've been selling parts and have parted a couple bikes out on here in the past, always with good results for everyone. I also have about 16 years of 100% perfect feedback on Ebay as well. I'm not a business, so I try to price everything fairly based on what I've sold stuff for in the past and what I see stuff sell for, and try to make my stuff the least expensive for the condition it's in. If you see something similar cheaper somewhere else just let me know. Again, I'm only one person and this is not a business so please be adults. It's really inconsiderate to ask me to start boxing up combinations of parts and running around getting you shipping prices if you're not serious or just looking to fulfill your curiosity. Yes it happens all the time, and more and more often recently. Honestly a little common sense will ballpark most of the shipping prices for this stuff and shipping prices shouldn't really be deal breakers for most any of this stuff anyway besides maybe something like the engine. I'm also more than willing to help people as I've always tried to do over the years but if I may please ask to keep this a classified ad and not a "how to" discussion, I'd appreciate it.

I prefer Fedex because they're close and open late enough so I can ship after I get home from work. I often end up driving to the post office though for certain larger stuff, international shipping, etc (basically whenever I feel it'll save you a significant amount on shipping). I've also always been more than happy to meet forum members within any sort of reasonable driving distance, and it's always been a pleasure to actually meet some of you. Shipping prices are not open to haggling or negotiation (an entire rant for another day thanks to one or two people).

I'll list a bunch of the main stuff, along with a few extras I have laying around. Add will get updated as stuff sells or I find/list more stuff. Sold items will be marked "SOLD." Just hit me up if you don't see something (I probably have it unless it's specifically listed as "SOLD") for any other odds and ends and I'll let you know if I have it or not and work it out with you. All prices are "OBO" plus shipping. Payments are via Paypal "family" as always or please add the 3% fee. Please do not assume any other hardware is included without asking first or if I haven't mentioned it. I'll do my best to include any necessary bolts, etc for an easy installation if you don't have them already. Please don't be shy and feel free to shoot me a reasonable offer on anything you need. Worst I can do is meet you in the middle or say no thank you. Again if you need something and don't see it just ask, I might have it. Thanks again.

FRAME - SOLD

ENGINE- SOLD

CARBURETORS - SOLD

CHOKE CABLES AND NUTS - SOLD

RADIATORS- SOLD

RIGHT FAIRING. SOLD

LEFT FAIRING. SOLD

CENTER HEADLIGHT FAIRING. SOLD

FUEL TANK. Original Honda part with original paint. Perfectly clean inside. Still looks very nice. Again, getting VERY hard to find one. I sold the original tank off this bike as it was dented and had obtained this tank from Greece awhile back (Like I said they're getting very hard to find). As such this one had a different filler neck/inlet that a US locking gas cap does NOT fit on (didn't come with the original cap or sender). To keep it simple I mounted a black aluminum non-locking cap which is included. This is an earlier model tank, into which I installed a later model sender for this bike. I bent it so it moves through it's full range of motion inside the tank. I have not tested it but should work properly if installing on a later model with a fuel gauge. I pointed out a few very minor blemishes but it's still in very nice shape. Only other one I could find is the one on Ebay in Japan and it's over $700 shipped... $300 plus shipping. (Should be @$60-$75 insured via Fedex).

SOLO SEAT COWL. SOLD

STOCK SEAT. SOLD

FRONT FENDER. SOLD

CHIN COWL - SOLD

HEADLIGHT- SOLD

GAUGES/INSTRUMENT CLUSTER. SOLD

FAIRING STAY- SOLD

SHOCK. 11k miles. Clean. $25

WIRING HARNESS. SOLD

SUBFRAME. clean and straight. $50 I'll leave the stock (trimmed) undertail attached if you want it.

EXTRA SUBFRAME- Clean and straight. One of the crossbars I believe had some rust and was repaired. $25.

PASSENGER PEGS. very nice. They all lightly oxidize if left untouched but polish up easily. Perfect used shape otherwise. $50.

REARSETS - SOLD

REAR/TAIL FAIRING - SOLD

TAILLIGHT. SOLD

HEADERS - SOLD

STOCK MUFFLERS - SOLD

WINDSCREENS - SOLD

CLIP ONS AND BAR ENDS - SOLD

FRONT FORKS - SOLD

UPPER & LOWER TRIPLES AND BEARINGS. SOLD

OEM MIRRORS. SOLD.

FRONT WHEEL/TIRE - SOLD

REAR WHEEL - clean and straight $75

SPARE REAR BRAKE ROTOR. Nice. Measures 5mm (min is 4). $20

FRONT BRAKE ROTORS. SOLD

SWINGARM-SOLD

CHAINGUARD-SOLD

KICKSTAND & SWITCH- Still have one, straight and clean. $25

REGULATOR RECTIFIERS. I have several left... 2 stock unfinned and one stock finned.

FRONT SPROCKET COVERS. I have 2 left in nice shape. One powdercoated gloss black. One gold off this bike ('02)

Last edited by captainchaos; 08-26-2018 at 05:54 AM.
Old 07-02-2017, 02:41 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Pics...
Attached Thumbnails Parting out complete Red 2002 11K miles-redbike1.jpg   Parting out complete Red 2002 11K miles-redbike2.jpg   Parting out complete Red 2002 11K miles-red11.jpg   Parting out complete Red 2002 11K miles-red12.jpg   Parting out complete Red 2002 11K miles-red1.jpg  

Parting out complete Red 2002 11K miles-red2.jpg   Parting out complete Red 2002 11K miles-red3.jpg   Parting out complete Red 2002 11K miles-red4.jpg   Parting out complete Red 2002 11K miles-red5.jpg   Parting out complete Red 2002 11K miles-red6.jpg  

Old 07-02-2017, 02:43 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

pics
Attached Thumbnails Parting out complete Red 2002 11K miles-red7.jpg   Parting out complete Red 2002 11K miles-red8.jpg   Parting out complete Red 2002 11K miles-red9.jpg   Parting out complete Red 2002 11K miles-red10.jpg   Parting out complete Red 2002 11K miles-redtank1.jpg  

Parting out complete Red 2002 11K miles-redtank2.jpg   Parting out complete Red 2002 11K miles-redtank3.jpg   Parting out complete Red 2002 11K miles-redtank4.jpg   Parting out complete Red 2002 11K miles-redtank5.jpg   Parting out complete Red 2002 11K miles-redtank6.jpg  

Old 07-02-2017, 09:27 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

pics
Attached Thumbnails Parting out complete Red 2002 11K miles-gauges1.jpg  

Last edited by captainchaos; 11-05-2017 at 06:15 PM.
Old 07-04-2017, 02:14 PM
Squid

BigRed is on a distinguished road
Pm inbound! Want mirrors.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:07 PM
Superstock

CaryDG is on a distinguished road
PM sent. Need R side radiator
Old 07-04-2017, 07:04 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

PM replied to. Thanks guys!
Old 07-06-2017, 10:08 PM
Squid

ae29 is on a distinguished road
sent pm
Old 07-07-2017, 04:33 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Originally Posted by ae29
sent pm
Thanks Ty, PM'd and emailed you
Old 07-10-2017, 10:44 AM
Not Realy A Squid
Squid

waltr is on a distinguished road
Captain, It seems that someone snuck into my garage while my Superkawk was apart for a clutch change and passed over all the motorcycles, tools and reloading equipment to walk off with some hardware. Now I can not find the 4 shoulder screws that go in the sides of the fairing or the 4 acorn nuts for the mirrors. Would you have these by any chance? I know these 2 engines are intact but might you also have the bolts that hold the side covers on? PO changed a lot of mine to socket head cap screws and the lengths are not correct. I thought I would just go back to the stock ones if I can find some used ones. Let me know if you can help. Thanks.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:11 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Originally Posted by waltr
Captain, It seems that someone snuck into my garage while my Superkawk was apart for a clutch change and passed over all the motorcycles, tools and reloading equipment to walk off with some hardware. Now I can not find the 4 shoulder screws that go in the sides of the fairing or the 4 acorn nuts for the mirrors. Would you have these by any chance? I know these 2 engines are intact but might you also have the bolts that hold the side covers on? PO changed a lot of mine to socket head cap screws and the lengths are not correct. I thought I would just go back to the stock ones if I can find some used ones. Let me know if you can help. Thanks.
Let me take a look and see what I can find. The clutch covers I've sold in the past I'm pretty sure I sold with the bolts, but I'll double check the magic bolt boxes and also for the fairing screws. Regarding the mirrors I'd recommend using some nylon insert nuts. I love to have things "correct" and original, but I've had the original acorn nuts vibrate off in the past numerous times. If I can find you the bolts you need I can throw a few of those in as well. Otherwise they're super cheap from the hardware store and you don't have to worry about your mirrors loosening up or worse.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:10 PM
Squid

BigRed is on a distinguished road
Sorry! I forgot I bought the oem mirrors from you already! Been a long, long day....

Last edited by BigRed; 07-13-2017 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Bigred has badly compromised memory.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:58 AM
Squid

ae29 is on a distinguished road
You are really a sound guy Beau. Received the package today and saw the amount of love put into packaging it not to mention how far I am and how quick the delivery was and it warms me..Thank you so very much for the opportunity.
Old 07-18-2017, 06:39 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Originally Posted by ae29
You are really a sound guy Beau. Received the package today and saw the amount of love put into packaging it not to mention how far I am and how quick the delivery was and it warms me..Thank you so very much for the opportunity.
Thank you Sir Really appreciate that.
Old 08-19-2017, 08:10 PM
Squid

VTR Time-Travel is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by captainchaos
Old 08-19-2017, 08:21 PM
Squid

VTR Time-Travel is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by captainchaos
I had my red 1998 SH stolen last year and amazingly just got it back, but really trashed. Had it in pristine shape after slowly upgrading as I could. I'm having to start all over again with all fairing broken and painted in the most ugly colors. I don't know how to negotiate this forum, but have a list of items needed like turn signals, mirrors, windshield, ignition tank lock, etc. Could you please explain the process to purchase the items I need. Thanks
Old 08-20-2017, 10:58 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Originally Posted by VTR Time-Travel
I had my red 1998 SH stolen last year and amazingly just got it back, but really trashed. Had it in pristine shape after slowly upgrading as I could. I'm having to start all over again with all fairing broken and painted in the most ugly colors. I don't know how to negotiate this forum, but have a list of items needed like turn signals, mirrors, windshield, ignition tank lock, etc. Could you please explain the process to purchase the items I need. Thanks
Hi there. You can just click on my username and send a private message with the list of parts you need and we'll work it out. I'll shoot you a PM as well with my email if that's easier. Thanks.
Old 08-20-2017, 05:12 PM
Squid

gti52 is on a distinguished road
Do you have the upper right hand fairing mount? it is honda p/n 64215-MBB-000, Item # 10 in the following link:http://www.hawkworks.net/VTR1000F-su...iche/cowl.html
Old 08-20-2017, 09:21 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Originally Posted by gti52
Do you have the upper right hand fairing mount? it is honda p/n 64215-MBB-000, Item # 10 in the following link:http://www.hawkworks.net/VTR1000F-su...iche/cowl.html
PM sent. Yes I do. I have a set of the 4 upper brackets and mounting bolts in steel off this bike, or in aluminum off the '99. They both fit the same, that's they way they came from Honda.
Old 08-27-2017, 04:19 PM
Squid

Received the fairing brackets. Thanks!
Old 08-30-2017, 07:53 AM
Squid

MwCrf450R is on a distinguished road
Do you by chance still have a left main foot bracket, where your shift lever/peg/exhaust mount? Broke mine last night...
Old 08-30-2017, 01:50 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Originally Posted by MwCrf450R
Do you by chance still have a left main foot bracket, where your shift lever/peg/exhaust mount? Broke mine last night...
Yes I do. PM sent.
Old 10-22-2017, 10:55 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Bump for the weekend.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:27 PM
Squid

Jerry Anderson is on a distinguished road
Do you have the stock rear fender with or without turn signals??
Old 11-15-2017, 04:09 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Jerry Anderson
Do you have the stock rear fender with or without turn signals??
PM sent
Old 01-18-2018, 03:59 PM
Back Marker

Aquasnake is on a distinguished road
PM sent
Old 04-03-2018, 09:13 AM
Vtr1000f Geek
Squid

Hawkhead is on a distinguished road
How Captain ...I am looking for an aftermarket ignition advancer like Factory Pro RTR-HON-77-02 Hoping you have one to sell ?

Dave
Old 04-15-2018, 04:42 PM
Squid

Do you by chance still have a right main foot bracket, where your brake lever/peg/exhaust mount? My bike fell over in a wind storm and it bent.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:45 PM
Superstock

gti, If he doesn't, I do. It gets windy in Vegas?
Old 04-15-2018, 10:46 PM
Superstock

Do you need just the bracket or the pedal. peg, Etc.?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Parting out complete Red 2002 11K miles