Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

Parting out complete Black 1999

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 01:17 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Parting out complete Black 1999

1999 BLACK PART OUT 9K MILES (ALSO PARTING OUT RED '02 IN ANOTHER POST)

Please check both posts for parts and availability as I will continually update the ads as quickly/accurately as I can. If you don't see something listed just ask. If it's not listed as "SOLD" I probably still have it. More pics of parts will be added as needed (and I'll obviously go into more detail and send more detailed pics as necessary regarding particular parts). Please bear with the long post as I try to answer some questions ahead of time and get everyone on the same page since some people haven't done this before...

Parting out a 9,462 mile black '99. Originaly bought it to use the front and rear suspension & wheels to put one of my bikes back to stock (ended up selling that too). Descriptions, prices, and pics of alot/most of this stuff is below. Bike was in very good condition. It had been lightly dropped at one point in it's life. Left fairing was professionally repainted. Otherwise not much else in the way of damage besides a SLIGHTLY tweaked but perfectly functioning radiator and an Iowa salvage title on the frame. I rode the bike several times and other than needed a carb clean/tune due to sitting engine runs perfect and bike rode perfect.

Please feel free to search my previous feedback on here, I'm sure it'll speak for itself. I've been selling parts and have parted a couple bikes out on here in the past, always with good results for everyone. I also have about 16 years of 100% perfect feedback on Ebay as well. I'm not a business, so I try to price everything fairly based on what I've sold stuff for in the past and what I see stuff sell for, and try to make my stuff the least expensive for the condition it's in. If you see something similar cheaper somewhere else just let me know. Again, I'm only one person and this is not a business so please be adults. It's really inconsiderate to ask me to start boxing up combinations of parts and running around getting you shipping prices if you're not serious or just looking to fulfill your curiosity. Yes it happens all the time, and more and more often recently. Honestly a little common sense will ballpark most of the shipping prices for this stuff and honestly shipping prices shouldn't really be deal breakers for most any of this stuff anyway besides maybe something like the engine. I'm also more than willing to help people as I've always tried to do over the years but if I may please ask to keep this a classified ad and not a "how to" discussion, I'd appreciate it.

I prefer Fedex because they're close and open late enough so I can ship after I get home from work. I will drive to the post office though for certain larger items, international shipping, etc (basically whenever I feel it'll save you a significant amount on shipping). I've also always been more than happy to meet forum members within any sort of reasonable driving distance, and it's always been a pleasure to actually meet some of you. Shipping prices are not open to haggling or negotiation (a rant for another day thanks to one or two people).

I'll list a bunch of the main stuff, along with some extras I have laying around. Add will get updated as stuff sells or I find/list more stuff. Just hit me up for any other odds and ends and I'll let you know if I have it or not and work it out with you. All prices are "OBO" PLUS shipping. I do my very best to charge "actual" shipping. Payments are paypal "family" please or please add the 3% fee. Though I'll do my best to include it for an easy install please do not assume any hardware is automatically included without asking first or if I haven't mentioned it. Please don't be shy and feel free to shoot me reasonable offers. Worst I can do is meet you in the middle or say no thank you. Thanks again.

FRAME- SOLD

ENGINE- SOLD

CARBURETORS -SOLD

RADIATORS- Left side. SOLD. Right side, slightly bent. Nothing crazy, no leaks and still mounts up fine. $40

FAN - SOLD. I have 2 more good tested working fan motors with blade if you need one (no cage-just fit into yours).

MIRRORS. - SOLD

RIGHT FAIRING - SOLD

LEFT FAIRING - SOLD

CENTER HEADLIGHT FAIRING - SOLD

FUEL TANK - SOLD

SOLO SEAT COWL. SOLD

CHIN COWL-SOLD

GAUGES/INSTRUMENT CLUSTER - SOLD

FAIRING STAY-SOLD

SHOCK. SOLD ( I have another off the '02 for $25).

WIRING HARNESS - SOLD

COILS - SOLD

Last edited by captainchaos; 08-26-2018 at 05:57 AM.
Old 07-02-2017, 01:18 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

FORKS/TRIPLES - SOLD (I have another straight set $50)

SUBFRAME. clean and straight. $50 I'll leave the stock (trimmed) undertail attached if you want it.

EXTRA SUBFRAME- Clean and straight. One of the crossbars looks to have been repaired. $25.

STOCK SEAT. SOLD

PASSENGER PEGS-very nice. They all lightly oxidize if left untouched but polish up easily. Perfect used shape otherwise. $50.

REARSETS - SOLD

REAR/TAIL FAIRING - SOLD

TAILLIGHT. SOLD (still have one more clean one off the '02).

HEADERS. both SOLD.

FRONT WHEEL - SOLD

FRONT FENDER. - SOLD

WINDSCREENS - SOLD

STOCK MUFFLERS - SOLD

Last edited by captainchaos; 01-24-2018 at 06:03 AM.
Old 07-02-2017, 01:21 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

pics...
Attached Thumbnails Parting out complete Black 1999-black1.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black2.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black3.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black4.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-vtrblack1.jpg  

Parting out complete Black 1999-vtrblack2.jpg  

Last edited by captainchaos; 07-31-2017 at 08:00 AM.
Old 07-02-2017, 01:28 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

more pics...
Attached Thumbnails Parting out complete Black 1999-black14.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black15.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black16.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black17.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black18.jpg  

Parting out complete Black 1999-black19.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black20.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black21.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black22.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black23.jpg  

Old 07-02-2017, 01:35 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

more pics.
Attached Thumbnails Parting out complete Black 1999-black24.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black25.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black26.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black27.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black28.jpg  

Parting out complete Black 1999-black29.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black30.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black31.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black32.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black33.jpg  

Last edited by captainchaos; 07-02-2017 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-02-2017, 01:42 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

more pics..
Attached Thumbnails Parting out complete Black 1999-black34.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black35.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black36.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black37.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black38.jpg  

Parting out complete Black 1999-black39.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black40.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black41.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black42.jpg   Parting out complete Black 1999-black43.jpg  

Old 07-08-2017, 08:13 PM
Squid

BigRed is on a distinguished road
Disregard. Answered my own silly question.

Last edited by BigRed; 07-08-2017 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Found answer
Old 07-11-2017, 03:16 AM
Squid

mslate is on a distinguished road
Got the shock yesterday. Looks great. Thanks again!
Old 07-12-2017, 07:14 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
PM'd you
Old 07-14-2017, 10:59 AM
Squid

mileyguard is on a distinguished road
pm sent
Old 07-20-2017, 10:16 AM
Squid

mileyguard is on a distinguished road
just recieved the package , talk about a fast shipper ill check it out this sat , thanks again
Old 07-31-2017, 06:51 AM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
PM sent.
Old 08-04-2017, 07:32 PM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
Parts arrived today. Mighty nice of you. Thank you again.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:33 AM
Squid

mslate is on a distinguished road
Just got back from vacation, parts were here waiting for me.
Great seller, fast shipper!
Thanks again!
Old 08-18-2017, 09:03 AM
Squid

gti52 is on a distinguished road
Do you have the upper right hand fairing mount? it is honda p/n 64215-MBB-000, Item # 10 in the following link:http://www.hawkworks.net/VTR1000F-su...iche/cowl.html
Old 08-20-2017, 09:22 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Originally Posted by gti52
Do you have the upper right hand fairing mount? it is honda p/n 64215-MBB-000, Item # 10 in the following link:http://www.hawkworks.net/VTR1000F-su...iche/cowl.html
PM sent. Yes I do. I have a set of the 4 upper brackets and mounting bolts in aluminum off this bike, or in steel off the '02. They both fit the same, that's they way they came from Honda.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:27 AM
Superstock

nekkid is on a distinguished road
Need a working petcock diaphragm or petcock rebuild kit

Hi Cap'n
Trying to get my '98 hawk on the road and I'm wondering if you (or anyone else out there) has what I need or info on where I can get it.
Ayer's site does not list the parts I need individually.

Thanks
Old 08-21-2017, 03:39 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Originally Posted by nekkid
Hi Cap'n
Trying to get my '98 hawk on the road and I'm wondering if you (or anyone else out there) has what I need or info on where I can get it.
Ayer's site does not list the parts I need individually.

Thanks
PM sent with the same info... Looks like there are quite a few rebuild kits available on Ebay. Just search "superhawk petcock kit" and obviously pass over the ones for the vintage bikes. Same goes for google. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Beau
Old 08-21-2017, 05:17 PM
Squid

gti52 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by captainchaos
PM sent. Yes I do. I have a set of the 4 upper brackets and mounting bolts in aluminum off this bike, or in steel off the '02. They both fit the same, that's they way they came from Honda.
Patment sent, thanks
Old 09-01-2017, 04:06 AM
Squid

zx9crazy is on a distinguished road
Do you have a seat latch?
I don't need the locking mechanism, just the cable, the latching mechanism and the bolt...I could also use 2 front fender bolts and 1 lower body panel bolt
Old 09-25-2017, 06:18 AM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
Beau,

I'll call you maybe tonight but I still want the gauges!

Hope all has been well (better?)
Old 10-28-2017, 03:46 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Bump for the weekend. Guys (and gals) just want to note, I'm trying to be as fair and helpful as possible but it's not fair (for me or anyone who wants parts) to ask/expect me to hold something while turning down someone else's money... I'm more than happy to hold something with a very small good faith deposit. I understand all too well we're all short on cash. Trying to do my best here and as usual often stuff sits and then multiple people want the same part locally and online at the same time...
Old 11-04-2017, 03:15 PM
Squid

Motoboy is on a distinguished road
Just picked up a 99 yellow

hey all,
i am interested I left faring .
front blinkers.
mufflers

is someone had a complete set of cowling I may be interested in Changing color.

But it for now I have no left side.
So a good left don’t care about color as I am going to paint bike red
Old 11-04-2017, 04:58 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Hey Josh. I do have a complete set of fairings still for the '99 in correct '99 black (the '99 came in black or yellow) including the tank. Only thing I sold is the solo cowl which wouldn't be a big deal for you to match. I'll reply to your PM as well.

Originally Posted by Motoboy
hey all,
i am interested I left faring .
front blinkers.
mufflers

is someone had a complete set of cowling I may be interested in Changing color.

But it for now I have no left side.
So a good left don’t care about color as I am going to paint bike red
Old 01-02-2018, 11:14 AM
Schnitzel
Squid

PHxS is on a distinguished road
If they're still available

I'd love a price on the '99 black fairings. I always miss postings for the front stay bracket.

Ryan B.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:55 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Originally Posted by PHxS
I'd love a price on the '99 black fairings. I always miss postings for the front stay bracket.

Ryan B.
As marked above all the black fairing are sold, as are the fairing stays off both bikes, sorry Ryan. I try to keep the list updated as parts sell. I just picked up a very clean '99 in yellow (6k miles, sat in a storage unit for many years) that I may consider selling the complete fairing set and tank off if the price is right (they're even nicer than the black ones). To give you an idea I just sold the complete black set and tank locally minus the solo seat cowl and chin fairing for $850. I'm NOT parting this yellow '99 out, but again I MAY sell the complete set as I have other bodywork and tank I'll clean up and paint and use in it's place. I'll shoot you a PM also with my email. Thanks.

Last edited by captainchaos; 02-01-2018 at 03:45 AM.
Old 01-18-2018, 03:58 PM
Back Marker

Aquasnake is on a distinguished road
PM sent
Old 09-16-2018, 06:18 AM
99 superhawk vtr1000f
Squid

Nico T. is on a distinguished road
Black box

Do you happen to still have the blackbox computer?
Old 09-16-2018, 09:04 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Nico T.
Do you happen to still have the blackbox computer?
PM sent. Yes I do. Take a look here and let me know which you need, part 3 "Module, Ignition Control" or part 4, "Converter Unit" as I have both.

https://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/a/...0/wire-harness

Whatever's a fair price plus shipping from 33426 and it's yours. Assuming your price is pre '01 yes?

Regards,
Beau
Old 09-16-2018, 09:30 AM
99 superhawk vtr1000f
Squid

Nico T. is on a distinguished road
Great!

Part 2 and 3 is what I'm looking for. What prices would you have on those?

Quick Reply: Parting out complete Black 1999