SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Classifieds (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/classifieds-32/)
-   -   Need OEM Mirrors (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/classifieds-32/need-oem-mirrors-32929/)

Big_Jim59 02-20-2015 07:37 PM

Need OEM Mirrors

Even though I am neck deep in the bowels of the engine, I am looking forward to the day I start it and ride. One item that is going to keep it from passing inspection is the busted mirrors. I need a right and a left hand stock rear view mirror if anyone has a couple to spare.

Just let me know what you want for them.

Jack Flash 02-21-2015 06:57 AM

I have a right if interested....to get you started. PM me..:O)

CrickiKaze 02-21-2015 02:49 PM

I may have both, have to look and let you know.

E.Marquez 02-22-2015 07:05 AM

I have one... the glass is a little loose and rattles so I got a new one...you can use it as is to pass inspection (only need ONE mirror for TX inspection) Or drop some flowable windshield sealant in the housing and use it for good, finding a second as available. Im local, pay shipping and it's yours.

Big_Jim59 02-22-2015 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by E.Marquez (Post 382990)
I have one... the glass is a little loose and rattles so I got a new one...you can use it as is to pass inspection (only need ONE mirror for TX inspection) Or drop some flowable windshield sealant in the housing and use it for good, finding a second as available. Im local, pay shipping and it's yours.

Is it right or left?

E.Marquez 02-22-2015 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Big_Jim59 (Post 382991)
Is it right or left?

Left

killer5280 02-22-2015 10:28 AM

I believe these will work.

01 05 Yamaha FZ1 Racing Style Mirrors Black | eBay

E.Marquez 02-22-2015 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by killer5280 (Post 383004)

Believe or you have used 2001-2005 FZ1 mirrors? If you have, how if at all do they differ? Any chance they allow a wider stance?

Thanks

killer5280 02-22-2015 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by E.Marquez (Post 383006)
Believe or you have used 2001-2005 FZ1 mirrors? If you have, how if at all do they differ? Any chance they allow a wider stance?

Thanks

Believe. I haven't used them, but I got that link from a thread on this forum. They have longer stalks and the mirrors are larger than OEM, but the pivots probably have to be modified a bit for them to stay in the wider position.
Replacing the useless stock mirrors is something I have planned on doing for a long time, but have just never made a high priority.

E.Marquez 02-22-2015 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by killer5280 (Post 383007)
Believe. I haven't used them, but I got that link from a thread on this forum. They have longer stalks and the mirrors are larger than OEM, but the pivots probably have to be modified a bit for them to stay in the wider position.
Replacing the useless stock mirrors is something I have planned on doing for a long time, but have just never made a high priority.

Nice... I'll see if I can find a OEM used FZ1 mirror to test fit..

Jack Flash 02-22-2015 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by killer5280 (Post 383007)

The mirrors fit perfectly, but, you will not get all that much more vision since they tend to stand higher, instead of wider. I remember having installed a pair to test many years ago, and didn't really like the look.

This is a personal opinion however, you may find in these mirrors what you're looking for. They just didn't do it for me.

Big_Jim59 03-02-2015 08:40 AM

Thanks Mr. Flash I received the mirror in the mail and it is beautiful. It was also wonderfully packages and wrapped. It took me a few minutes with a sharp knife to get into it but it was worth it. Thanks so much! Every little bit moves the bike closer to the finish line.

thedeatons 03-02-2015 01:37 PM

I like the fz1 mirrors on mine... They look newer than the stockers, what i mean is, less of a dated style...

James