SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Classifieds (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/classifieds-32/)
-   -   LOOKING FOR A SARGENT SEAT (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/classifieds-32/looking-sargent-seat-32471/)

FTL900 08-25-2014 10:33 PM

LOOKING FOR A SARGENT SEAT

Yeah, I know it's in all caps. :lol:

My son in the Seattle area is the new owner of my Superhawk, and he's whining about the stock seat already.
OK, maybe not whining, but expressing his concern over finding a replacement.
But then, I think a 150 mile round trip was the farthest I ever rode it, and that was with an hour or more break at the turn-around point.

There's a guy on the ZRX Forum that reworks stock seats and does a really good job- he did a Bandit seat for me and it turned out beyond my expectations, but I thought I'd check and see if anyone has a Sargent that they're willing to part with.
I've heard it will fit under the seat cowl just fine, and I prefer Sargent to Corbin.

All black is preferred, or black with red piping. TIA.

waltr 08-26-2014 10:31 AM

I can not help with the seat. I know where one is and it is not going anyplace. I can however verify that the cowl does indeed fit over it just fine. My bike came with it and I have never ridden on the stock seat but I have done 600 mile days on the Sargent and it worked great.
I was never willing to part with the money to buy an aftermarket seat in the past but now I think it is worth every penny.

Walt

Jack Flash 08-26-2014 12:44 PM

I agree with waltr, great seat. I probably purchased the last one from Sargent last year while they had a little 10% off sale. No doubt for me, the best 500$ I have spent in mods on this bike.

Unfortunately, it is discontinued. Since you don't want a corbin, having it reworked will be your next best option. Just have the front done, and not the back, or, you run the chance your solo cover will no longer fit. You'll be stuck with a dremel job to have it fit again.

Mikael 08-26-2014 08:12 PM

Well I can tell you the stock seat is fine for a trip across country and back over 12,000km. Allthough it did take a few days to get used to the firmness of the seat :p that being said I love my new sergeant seat I got second hand :D

Keep looking eventually they do turn up.

superman22x 08-27-2014 06:03 AM

A member on here by the name of "rick" had one he was looking to sell a few weeks ago. Not sure if it ever sold.

VTR1000F 08-27-2014 08:14 AM

Believe that was a Corbin.

FTL900 08-27-2014 09:43 PM

I've had 4 Corbin seats, and didn't like any of them. I had a Sargent on my VFR800, and now a Sargent on mt ZRX, and I much prefer the seat to anything else.

I'll just keep watching for a used one to come along- seats last longer than motorcycles. :eek:

superman22x 08-29-2014 05:57 PM

I think he had both for sale. I had messaged him about the sargent. It was slightly modified or something along those lines.

FTL900 09-04-2014 02:56 PM

I messaged Rick, but haven't heard anything back. Still looking...

pressguru 09-06-2014 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by FTL900 (Post 377517)
Yeah, I know it's in all caps. :lol:

My son in the Seattle area is the new owner of my Superhawk, and he's whining about the stock seat already.
OK, maybe not whining, but expressing his concern over finding a replacement.
But then, I think a 150 mile round trip was the farthest I ever rode it, and that was with an hour or more break at the turn-around point.

There's a guy on the ZRX Forum that reworks stock seats and does a really good job- he did a Bandit seat for me and it turned out beyond my expectations, but I thought I'd check and see if anyone has a Sargent that they're willing to part with.
I've heard it will fit under the seat cowl just fine, and I prefer Sargent to Corbin.

All black is preferred, or black with red piping. TIA.

I had the same problem with my stock seat as well, with a little foam, gorilla tape and black marine leather I was able to build it up and widen just enough to make comfortable for me. Used staple gun to stretch leather over the foam formed by the gorilla tape. Very happy with the results.

superbeater 09-06-2014 09:53 PM

FWIW my bike came with a black/red seat cover. The red started to fade so I found a new one. I took it to an auto upholstery guy to have it stapled on. I asked him to add some stiffer foam at the same time. It cost $25 and made enough of a difference that I have been very happy with it. That said, I rarely see more than 180 miles in a day.

ssscottyyy 09-08-2014 11:37 AM

Messaged you

FTL900 10-07-2014 05:21 PM

Still looking...

http://us.cdn2.123rf.com/168nwm/dame...-observing.jpg

VTArrrgh! 12-27-2014 04:21 PM

I'm about to post one on eBay right now. It's in very, very nice condition, with only some minor scuffs on the passenger pillion.

PM me with an offer or e-mail me at hategear at yahoo dot com. Shipping will be exact, calculated to your shipping address. I'll ship it in the same Sargent box it came in.

I'm sure they're all the same, but this one is off my '98...

FTL900 12-27-2014 04:43 PM

Thanks, but things have changed, as they always do.
I'm currently out of work, and my son is facing impending divorce, so this is probably back-burnered for the near future.