SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Classifieds (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/classifieds-32/)
-   -   iso left and right upper fairings.. (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/classifieds-32/iso-left-right-upper-fairings-33280/)

usmchellhound 06-16-2015 05:07 PM

iso left and right upper fairings..

Hey guys just bought a 1998 superhawk vtr 1000, but the left and right upper fairings are in really bad shape so i am looking for replacements. I am located in lexington sc. Any help would be greatly appreciate it. :D

scottiemann 06-16-2015 05:45 PM

ebay kits ;)

usmchellhound 06-16-2015 05:51 PM

Ty scottiemann, i have been checking them out but they are way above my budget at the moment and since the other fairings are in good shape i was just hoping someone had some that they were willing to part with.

scottiemann 06-16-2015 06:02 PM

plastics aint cheap the left and right side from the factory, indivually, will run you $250+ each... there is someone that recently posted a full front, single piece sharkskins fiberglass piece for 300somethin... not sure if it sold yet but check the classifieds...

BTW thank you for your service

usmchellhound 06-16-2015 06:15 PM

:welcome::Thank you very much.. :cool:

captainchaos 06-16-2015 10:54 PM

Welcome aboard! And thank you again for your service. If you're a little patient and on a budget you should be able to find someone with some good painter pieces on here (or on ebay) for not too much. As was said the nice ones in original paint, even used, can get kinda pricey. Solid pieces with some rash or even some cracks aren't hard to repair (does take a little elbow grease though), and you can get a decent paint shop to match to color for a reasonable price. Is your bike the original color or has it been painted?

usmchellhound 06-16-2015 11:48 PM

Thank you captainchaos, the fairings have been hydrodipped. I understand that if i happen to come across some used fairing they might need somework, wish mine just had some rash on them but they have some significant cracks on them and missing some plastic. Im in the process of draining all fluids and changing all filters. So im no hurry. I know something will come along. Appreciate you guys.

scottiemann 06-17-2015 12:56 PM

Well if you r fine with doing a little prep work i have a left side with some light rash I could part with at a low price... most of the rash to the plastic itself was protected by half a million layers of paint because I change my bikes color according to my mood ;) lol

scottiemann 06-17-2015 12:57 PM

I'll post some pics tonight when I get home

usmchellhound 06-17-2015 04:25 PM

Alright scottiemann sounds good. Thanks.

scottiemann 06-17-2015 04:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Alright the first picture shows the fairing as a whole, other then the light rash is completely intact and crack free. the second picture shows rash that just barely went to the plastic, about an 1/8" damage to the plastic itself, the last picture shows the second bit of rash roughly 1/2" damage to plastic but not deep. The whole piece has various paint chips missing due to flex during the slide. I do not have the small inner plastic piece, I do however have the inner radiator air deflector.

As I know you will have a lot of work ahead of you getting through all the layers of paint I can do $70 plus shipping, tack on another $10 if you need that air deflector. If your interested PM me your address so I can get you an accurate shipping quote.

BTW I was serious when I said the half a million layers of paint saved this piece lol

Attachment 32970
Attachment 32971
Attachment 32972

usmchellhound 06-17-2015 05:09 PM

Thats great, i have the air deflector. Its it cool if we can do it this up coming weekend check comes in on fri?.

usmchellhound 06-17-2015 05:11 PM

I pmd you scottiemann

scottiemann 06-17-2015 05:50 PM

I'll get you a shipping quote by tomorrow

usmchellhound 06-17-2015 06:11 PM

Thank you sir.