SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Classifieds (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/classifieds-32/)
-   -   FS: Great condition parts bike with lots of aftermarket goodies and new stuff (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/classifieds-32/fs-great-condition-parts-bike-lots-aftermarket-goodies-new-stuff-11917/)

zimm 06-23-2007 01:56 PM

FS: Great condition parts bike with lots of aftermarket goodies and new stuff

Jan '06 I hit a deer (yes a deer) with my bike at approx 20mph. I never went down, and deer got away, but the insurance totaled the bike, issued a certificate of destruction, and gave me a check. I bought the bike back so I could fix it myself. The only damage was cracked fairings, headlight, windscreen, front fender, and bent bracket that holds the fairing. I replaced all those parts so it's good as new and I've been riding it for a year now. Well the tags expired and I went to renew them- surprise! I can't register or title a destructed VIN number. So now I have my pride and joy superhawk with a ton of money in parts that I just spent on it- and it's a parts bike It can't be titled so you'd have to swap out the frame to register it.

I'm thinking about offering it up for sale to the board as a parts bike so someone could swap all my cool goodies over to their bike and sell off the rest, make a track bike out of it, etc.

Here're some of the goodies:

Brand new pilot sport tires $300
Almost new GSXR1000 calipers, master cylinder, HH pads, Galfer wave rotors $900
Stainless brake/clutch lines $200
Devil high mount titanium exhaust $1000
APE adjustable cam chain tensioners $100
Helibars $190
Throttlemeister throttle lock $100
NEW fairings, headlight, puig windscreen, fairing stay bracket
520 chain conversion
Frame sliders
Race tech .95 fork springs
25k miles, all maint records since bike was new
Oil changed every 3k miles
Recent factory clutch
Runs and rides great

I'm the original owner, bought it new in '98.

Anyone interested? PM me.

Pics to follow

zimm 06-23-2007 02:00 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Some pics.

PM me your email address for bigger versions of the pictures.

I'd like to get $2,000 for it. Salvage value was $1200. I spent $1000 on fixing it. Brakes, tires, handlebars/throttle lock were approx $1500. I think it's a fair deal. Oh, and try pricing a titanium devil exhaust... $1000.

Bike is in Virginia Beach, VA

Randman 06-23-2007 02:16 PM

Why don't you just part it out? You would get way more than $2k for it...Bump, wish I lived closer to ya...Make a nice track bike..

DrPepper 06-23-2007 06:40 PM

yes if you decide to part it out i am interested in the full exhuast and plastics

zimm 06-23-2007 06:47 PM

I'll give it a week to see if the whole thing goes. I really don't want to be a daily customer at the UPS store. I want the first chance to buy it to be a board member.

Randman 06-23-2007 09:12 PM

Just make yourself a bill of sale for the bike, keep changing the date every two weeks, and ride her...If you get pulled over, just show them the bill of sale, and tell them you just picked it up and should be getting it registered in a few days...LOL

Chitownson 06-23-2007 10:26 PM

FS: great condition parts bike

Have you consdered selling it whole on e-bay? I've bought and sold a couple of salvaged/destruction bikes on e-bay (California allows you to register them after an inspection). E-bay seems to have a big market for salvage bikes. You can always try and put a reserve on it so you don't sell it for less than what you consider a fair price.

(P.S. If you consider e-bay, I would make sure you require the buyer to pay you by cashiers check or postal money order to save on fees and reduce chance of fraud - I would also make sure the buyer has to arrange pickup from your door.)

98blackhawk 06-24-2007 08:02 AM

if you decide to part it,i would be interested in the exhaust,frame sliders,right side fairing,wave rotors,the ccts,braided clutch line,possibly the fork springs.

nuhawk 06-24-2007 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by 98blackhawk (Post 58477)
if you decide to part it,i would be interested in the exhaust,frame sliders,right side fairing,wave rotors,the ccts,braided clutch line,possibly the fork springs.

I have a RS Red Fairing from a 98 that is nearly perfect. I bought all new plastics this spring so this one is left over. :)

zimm 07-05-2007 04:27 AM

Update: I have a deposit down, waiting for the weekend of July 28th for the buyer to pick it up.

nuhawk 07-05-2007 07:01 AM

Sorry about the hassle and your loss, zimm! Are you going to get another one? Seems like the spring rush is over a bit so prices are softening up a little. Good luck!

lazn 07-05-2007 10:15 AM

In AZ you can get a reconstructed title after in inspection.

Utah996 07-05-2007 11:26 AM

If you part it out I want the left fairing and right side mirror...haha

meangreen79 07-05-2007 06:07 PM

bike.

You guys are killing me with the great prices you have in the east.

taskmasta 07-06-2007 08:06 PM

Man...I just bought a Super Hawk in Northern Virginia. If I saw this...I would have picked it up. Damn!!! Damn!!!

Jeepingoose 07-06-2007 11:12 PM

Hey man, keep us posted!

BTW

I lived in Hamton Roads (Va Bch) for about 7 years. Where are you at?

zimm 08-20-2007 03:12 PM

Sold