Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

SOLD: Delkevic polished stainless standard/low mount slip on exhaust mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 05:22 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
SOLD: Delkevic polished stainless standard/low mount slip on exhaust mufflers

SOLD SOLD SOLD Got these on a trade for another exhaust I was selling. Spent some time hand polishing with some Mothers and Meguiars wax and these pretty much look brand new. Polished stainless steel. 14" mufflers. The workmanship and construction on these is absolutely beautiful. Includes removable DB killers along with everything else shown/needed for mounting. Midpipes have the gaskets already inside in perfect condition. Tiny spot of chain rub on top of left midpipe like pretty much any used exhaust. I could sand and polish it out but there's no need as you can't see it. Tiny split in the back of one of the hanger gaskets. Again, won't be seen mounted. I'm being REALLY picky here... Otherwise again these basically look brand new.
I'll take $250 plus shipping. Not going to find a nicer set of pipes for the money. SOLD SOLD SOLD

http://delkevic.com/stubby-14-stainl...awk-1997-2003/

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Delkevic-14-Stainless-Oval-Mufflers-Honda-VTR1000F-Superhawk-1997-2005/183086603839?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid =p2060353.m1438.l2649

Last edited by captainchaos; 09-04-2018 at 03:58 PM.
Old 06-27-2018, 05:24 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Pics
Attached Thumbnails SOLD: Delkevic polished stainless standard/low mount slip on exhaust mufflers-delkevic1.jpg   SOLD: Delkevic polished stainless standard/low mount slip on exhaust mufflers-delkevic2.jpg   SOLD: Delkevic polished stainless standard/low mount slip on exhaust mufflers-delkevic6.jpg   SOLD: Delkevic polished stainless standard/low mount slip on exhaust mufflers-delkevic5.jpg   SOLD: Delkevic polished stainless standard/low mount slip on exhaust mufflers-delkevic7.jpg  

Old 06-27-2018, 05:25 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

More pics
Attached Thumbnails SOLD: Delkevic polished stainless standard/low mount slip on exhaust mufflers-delkevic3.jpg   SOLD: Delkevic polished stainless standard/low mount slip on exhaust mufflers-delkevic8.jpg   SOLD: Delkevic polished stainless standard/low mount slip on exhaust mufflers-delkevic4.jpg   SOLD: Delkevic polished stainless standard/low mount slip on exhaust mufflers-delkevic9.jpg   SOLD: Delkevic polished stainless standard/low mount slip on exhaust mufflers-delkevic10.jpg  

Old 06-27-2018, 05:28 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

More pics...
Attached Thumbnails SOLD: Delkevic polished stainless standard/low mount slip on exhaust mufflers-delkevic11.jpg   SOLD: Delkevic polished stainless standard/low mount slip on exhaust mufflers-delkevic12.jpg   SOLD: Delkevic polished stainless standard/low mount slip on exhaust mufflers-delkevic14.jpg   SOLD: Delkevic polished stainless standard/low mount slip on exhaust mufflers-delkevic13.jpg  
Old 07-03-2018, 12:04 PM
Back Marker

Bald Eagle is on a distinguished road
I wish you had these pipes for sale earlier. I ended up buying a set of Erin exhausts on ebay that needed a lot of attention, for my standards. I got them for a good price...but I would have taken what you got. They look real good.
I should have been more patient.
Good Luck on your sale.
Old 07-05-2018, 10:32 AM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road
Do you have any experience of how loud these are compared to say Jardine RT-1s or what they sound like?
Old 07-05-2018, 01:40 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Originally Posted by CrankenFine
Do you have any experience of how loud these are compared to say Jardine RT-1s or what they sound like?
I don't, sorry. I didn't actually run them. Like I said these were traded for another exhaust I had for sale. Besides I'm not really sure how helpful my description might be anyway...kinda like asking what something smells or tastes like Having said that I've run many many others and the sound quality does vary a bit. There are some vids on YouTube that might be sorta helpful... They're not the exact same mufflers but close. The first is also 14" but in ti. The second are stainless but 18" so maybe slightly quieter. There are others. I'm running out, but I'll try to find something else/better and if so I'll post it up. Bear in mind obviously the sound also varies based on the equipment people are recording with...

Old 07-05-2018, 02:23 PM
Squid

BigRed is on a distinguished road
Delkevic

I have these on Big Red and they're louder/deeper than the scorpion cans they replaced, but I LOVE how they sound. Mine did not come with dB killers, so I do have to watch when I fire the bike up and keep my revs low when running through quiet areas. I was actually thinking about buying a second set for my "pretty project" but went with a used two brothers set - if these were available then, I would have snatched them up. For being so cheap, they look and sound great and have held up wonderfully so far.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:24 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Regarding the Jardines, I HAVE owned and run both ovals and round (both labelled "RT-One"). I'd say ovals of any kind tend to have a deeper bass sound where the round Jardines had a higher pitched sound with less of the bass. Pretty loud still, though not as obnoxious as round D&Ds.
Old 07-06-2018, 03:53 AM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road
Thanks guys for the references. After I posted my question it did occur to me to search Youtube and watched several videos. ( I eventually notice what's obvious...)

Are there spacers & long bolts included to set the foot pegs out a bit? The vids show these that way. If not I know they could be sourced.
Old 07-06-2018, 05:41 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Originally Posted by CrankenFine

Are there spacers & long bolts included to set the foot pegs out a bit? The vids show these that way. If not I know they could be sourced.
No idea why he left them on there. They're not needed for standard low mount pipes and aren't part of the Delkevic or any other low mount kits. He said he changed them out from Staintune high mounts so he must have left the spacers on there. I hadn't even noticed that. Looks like a wheelbarrow lol...
Old 07-16-2018, 04:49 PM
Back Marker

AlanS is on a distinguished road
Regarding the sound of these pipes, with the db-killers (baffles) out they have a deep tone. It's not objectionable at speed (some pipes have a 'droning' sound that wears on you after a while--these are not that). When you get on it, e.g., downshift and twist the throttle, they become 'noteworthy'. When cruising, they are just audible. If you're wearing ear-plugs, you likely won't hear them at all at a steady throttle headed down the interstate.At idle, they sound like you'd expect a big, V-twin sportbike to sound: Throaty.

The baffles are nice if you're venturing into an area where they issue tickets for excessive noise, e.g., certain beach locales out here on the Cali coast. One bolt to install/remove them. They slip right out/in, no prying, hammering, or other 'drama'.

Finally, they also keep a good finish, no discoloring of the cans, and as Beau said, they're well made.I would purchase them myself if I hadn't just bought a set of TBRs. LOL.

Alan

Last edited by AlanS; 07-16-2018 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:13 PM
Squid

michaelbc is on a distinguished road
Hi, what about jetting? My bike is all stock at present. Thanks
Old 08-07-2018, 05:19 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Originally Posted by michaelbc
Hi, what about jetting? My bike is all stock at present. Thanks
Are you asking if a Superhawk NEEDS to be rejetted if installing a pair of slip ons? IMO, no. But my opinion is based on owning probably 10 or 12 of these things since owning my first brand new leftover '98 back in 1999, and probably trying almost every different exhaust ever made for one of these at one point or another. Never had a Superhawk that was running properly already run worse by changing the exhaust. Yes I have had other carb'd bikes develop a nasty flat spot simply by changing mufflers ('97 GSXR600), but not a Superhawk. Will it run even BETTER (including your bike with the stock exhaust) if rejetted properly? Yes, of course it will.

Last edited by captainchaos; 08-07-2018 at 06:24 AM.
Old 08-07-2018, 05:23 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

And for what it's worth, if you look at the link I provided for their website, there is a dyno chart and it states "No rejetting or remapping is required after fitment however we always recommend a dyno test after fitting replacement exhaust parts to your motorcycle."
Old 08-17-2018, 10:35 PM
Squid

michaelbc is on a distinguished road
Oh man, they are pretty. Would you consider $250 all in posted to 98230 Blaine Wa? I haven't sold my 19 liter tank yet, darn it.
Old 08-18-2018, 09:31 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Originally Posted by michaelbc
Oh man, they are pretty. Would you consider $250 all in posted to 98230 Blaine Wa? I haven't sold my 19 liter tank yet, darn it.
I'll double check the postage later today and get back to you. I'm all the way in South Florida lol

I can't believe you haven't sold that yet... Like I said if it were a few years ago I think you'd have had people fighting over it.
Old 09-04-2018, 03:58 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

SOLD SOLD SOLD