SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Classifieds (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/classifieds-32/)
-   -   First post and already looking for parts! (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/classifieds-32/first-post-already-looking-parts-24516/)

tfergusonracing 01-10-2011 09:17 PM

First post and already looking for parts!

Hi all! From what I've seen thus far, I really like the forum and I'm looking forward to checking it out more!

I (actually my dad) just bought a temporarily non-running '98 and I'm looking for a few parts for it. I need the following:

Both mirrors
Windscreen -- Bought on eBay
Both levers -- Bought on eBay
Regulator/rectifier -- Bought R6 R/R on eBay
Sprockets/chain
Right fairing (red)
Possibly a rear rotor
Brake pads
Clip-on weight (the actual piece inside the bar and the bar end) -- Bought from 7moore7
Tires (if anyone is in Atlanta)

If anyone has any of the above, please shoot me a PM. I'm in Atlanta if any locals have any parts.

I'm sure I'll be riding this motorcycle the most when it is back on the street, but that's ok. I've got a Superhawk myself, but mine's a '67 cb77 (my dad also has a '64.) You kids and your new fangled motorcycles... :D

Thanks everyone!
TFR

7moore7 01-10-2011 09:45 PM

Holy smokes dude, and welcome to the forum!

R/R- you may want to look into replacing this with one from a Yamaha R1. The honda R/Rs burn out all the time and the R1's is a much better fit. There's a write up around the forum somewhere on it...

Mirrors- I may have those, sending a PM
Bar ends/weights- I can check on these too...

You may want to look into replacing the OEM cct with a manual one as these are also problem parts on this bike. Searching will bring up much on this subject as well.

and pics of dad's bike when you get the chance!

Little_Horse 01-10-2011 10:09 PM

Welcome!

I say a first post looking for parts is better then a first post selling parts.

tfergusonracing 01-10-2011 10:33 PM

Thanks for the "welcomes"!

Originally Posted by 7moore7 (Post 290613)
R/R- you may want to look into replacing this with one from a Yamaha R1. The honda R/Rs burn out all the time and the R1's is a much better fit. There's a write up around the forum somewhere on it...

You may want to look into replacing the OEM cct with a manual one as these are also problem parts on this bike. Searching will bring up much on this subject as well.

and pics of dad's bike when you get the chance!

The write up about the rectifier was what actually turned me on to this forum! I'll look into the CCT (cam chain tensioner?) I'll get pics after it's presentable, but it's just going to be a red stocker...

Originally Posted by Little_Horse (Post 290615)
Welcome!

I say a first post looking for parts is better then a first post selling parts.

Agreed. I'm a member of another forum and I hate seeing for sale stuff from one-hit-posters.

(Will I be ostracized by the V-twinners on here if I mention I also have a CBR?)

Old Yeller 01-11-2011 05:18 AM

Not as long as you admit the vast superiority of your hawk over all other forms of transportation. ;)

Welcome

tfergusonracing 01-11-2011 08:38 AM

I'll have to get back to 'ya on that one...

FL02SupaHawk996 01-11-2011 09:40 AM

:welcome:

tfergusonracing 01-11-2011 11:01 AM

Thanks FL!

I've gotten a windscreen locked down. I'm still looking for everything else. Just to be clear on the bar weights, I actually need the inside part more than I need the actual bar ends. I don't know if people take those out when they put aftermarket ends on or not, but that's what I'm really looking for...

kmm996 01-11-2011 01:29 PM

Welcome. Sounds like the new vtr has some sweet stable mates.

tfergusonracing 01-13-2011 10:53 PM

Thanks kmm! I bought a couple of things from 7moore7 and updated my list...

tfergusonracing 01-24-2011 12:32 PM

Anyone have a set of mirrors available?