Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

Wanted Jardine high pipe mounts

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 01:08 PM
Squid

Tsufilmz is on a distinguished road
Wanted Jardine high pipe mounts

Looking for all the hardware to mount up a set of Jardine RT1 high mount pipes. If anyone has this stuff or knows where it can be found please help me out. Thank you
Old 01-26-2019, 11:43 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Define "hardware?" (hanger brackets? muffler clamps? midpipes? ???) Are you looking for a complete set of slip ons or just parts? If parts, what do you have now and/or which parts are you missing/looking for? You may want to check with Jardine to see if they have any odds or ends left over. I can tell you they haven't made them in quite awhile and any replacement parts weren't cheap. I have a used set (oval carbon mufflers w/springs) I'll be putting up for sale in the future...

Last edited by captainchaos; 01-26-2019 at 11:51 AM.
Old 01-26-2019, 11:47 AM
Squid

This is everything I will have need the spacers and mounting hardware for the cans.

Old 01-27-2019, 05:24 AM
Squid

cpl rampage is on a distinguished road
My bike came with Jardine high mounts, but someone lost/broke/bent the stock mounts, and were just replaced with two pieces of black painted steel strips that ran from the passenger peg mounts to the strap on the can. If you have issues getting the OEM parts, something like that might be a solution for you. Still need to find the strap for the can, but I would imagine you could find some from a similar sized can.

Old 01-27-2019, 08:03 AM
Squid

That is a great idea however I will need to find the spacers for the passenger foot rests
Old 01-27-2019, 08:48 AM
Superstock

VTRDarren
I’ll bet you could hit up Harbor Freight for some appropriate size sockets that will work well as spacers.
Old 01-27-2019, 03:12 PM
Permanent Student
Squid

2.5i is on a distinguished road
6061 aluminum tube with appropriate wall thickness would also work. You can order a good amount and cut to size...
https://www.mcmaster.com/standard-al...-hollow-tubing
Old 01-28-2019, 06:56 AM
Squid

cpl rampage is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 2.5i
6061 aluminum tube with appropriate wall thickness would also work. You can order a good amount and cut to size...
https://www.mcmaster.com/standard-al...-hollow-tubing
The only issue with those tubes, is the wall thickness is not very thick, and will not work so well to space out the peg without crumpling or wearing down. What you want is something like this: Mcmaster unthreaded spacers or if you cant find something that works for you as far as diameter and length, they will even make custom ones for you: made to order spacers

I can measure up what the spacers on mine are if that helps.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:16 AM
Superstock

VTRDarren
Does anyone recall the year of gsxr 600 passenger pegs that have a very close hole spacing, but a much better shape when used with high mount exhausts?? I used them years ago on a prior vtr, but can't recall the year. I ended up reaming out the holes a little bit, but the end result was shorter spacers and a tidy look. May have been 1999/2000 gsxr 600 pass pegs.

I did a quick google image search and found these aftermarket/modified set for 2000-2001 gsxr 600's. Notice the larger arc that will better clear the high pipe.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CZGS4cxuxtgxWAff7

Last edited by VTRDarren; 01-28-2019 at 11:21 AM.
Old 01-28-2019, 11:25 AM
Superstock

VTRDarren
Found it!! This was posted by Mikstr a while back:

""As I mentioned previously, I seemed to recall someone mentioning successfully using GSX-R footpegs. WEll, I went to do a search on the www.micapeak.comregistries site and lo and behold:

"I've found out that 96 GSXR 750 rear footpeg brackets will fit with 2 bro's high pipes. The mounting holes need to be enlarged and you have to cut off the muffler mount on the right side because it hit the pipes. Once that is done they look as good as stock and they keep the passengers feet off of the pipes. The passengers feet are placed out side the pipes not over them so there feet shouldn't come in contact with the pipes or mufflers.

Now, to find some of these.....

cheers
Mikstr""
Old 01-28-2019, 06:47 PM
Squid

Thanks for all the help guys my buddy has a set of these on his Hawk so I have stuff I can reference to make a set for my bike.