SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Classifieds (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/classifieds-32/)
-   -   complete motor well not put together (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/classifieds-32/complete-motor-well-not-put-together-19930/)

codfish124 08-19-2009 08:35 PM

complete motor well not put together

i have a complete motor in pieces of course 27k on it. took it in to get a top end rebuild and the shop wanted $2500 for the rebulid so i got my bike back in parts. just gonna buy a used complete motor as i don't have the time to rebulid this one. there might be some parts that people want or maybe some one wants the whole thing. id say $500 for the full thing PM me for parts

Chester3000 08-20-2009 12:03 AM

How much has been taken off? just the heads?
I may be interested as the engine I was rebuilding is f-ed.
Pics?
Will you ship?

codfish124 08-20-2009 12:23 PM

the entire thing is taken apart yes i will shit depending on cost of shipping. top end and lower end all nuts and bolts taken off

hawxter996 08-20-2009 12:36 PM

pics please prefer closeups of heads

RCVTR 08-20-2009 12:45 PM

Are you going to shit on it, or just next to it? :)

killer5280 08-20-2009 01:35 PM

The supercock is the shit, man.

skoshere 08-20-2009 01:40 PM

Good catch RC, i almost shit my pants reading that.

Chester3000 08-20-2009 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by codfish124 (Post 231982)
the entire thing is taken apart...

Never mind.
No offense but you're dreaming if you think you'll get $500 for a disassembled engine.
Running engines sell for that much...

killer5280 08-20-2009 02:24 PM

This is the guy who bashes the Superhawk around in parking lots doing stunts. Who knows what kinds of problems that engine could have.

codfish124 08-21-2009 02:30 PM

i really don't know what it is worth i thought $500 shipped was a good deal but i don't really know what shipping will cost.

and killer the engine needs a full rebulid so it doesnt matter what i did with it. the thing ran fine had 27k on it blew a little smoke so i took it in thought my warranty i bought with the thing would cover it but they didn't. cylinder need to be bored. .25 over as you should know normal use at about 25k a superhawk needs a top end. the shop i went to wanted to do a full rebulid and that was to much for the warranty company.

ill get pics soon need to make room in the garage to get to the parts.

drew_c14 08-21-2009 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by codfish124 (Post 232119)
as you should know normal use at about 25k a superhawk needs a top end

Do you eat paint?

divingindaytona 08-21-2009 06:42 PM

as you should know normal use at about 25k a superhawk needs a top end..

Thats a new one!

Codpiece how did all of that stunting work out for you? ;)

Just_Nick 08-21-2009 08:45 PM

i really don't know what it is worth i thought $500 shipped was a good deal but i don't really know what shipping will cost.

and killer the engine needs a full rebulid so it doesnt matter what i did with it. the thing ran fine had 27k on it blew a little smoke so i took it in thought my warranty i bought with the thing would cover it but they didn't. cylinder need to be bored. .25 over as you should know normal use at about 25k a superhawk needs a top end. the shop i went to wanted to do a full rebulid and that was to much for the warranty company.

ill get pics soon need to make room in the garage to get to the parts.

Buddy, this isn't a 2-stroke. It is NOT normal to need a top end anywhere near that number. And I found a complete SH engine for 500 bucks plus shipping, running, with 1500 miles.

codfish124 08-22-2009 07:42 PM

i don't know where i herd 25k was normal for a top end but it said something about the hi compression blows out the top of the cylinders and tapers them so you need to bore them and get new pistons and rings that's all this one needed but the shop tried to screw the warranty company and do a full rebulid.

and like i said i really have no idea what to sell this for i figor only parts worth any thing are the heads and cylinder maybe the tranny but some one might want the stater or something.

Just_Nick 08-22-2009 08:42 PM

This bike has very low compression to begin with, so you're wrong on that point to begin with. Second off, I know guys who have 50k on their high compression ZRX's without a problem. I say this is worth 200 max.

Red_Liner740 08-23-2009 08:16 AM

Wow Codfish, i'd heard some really dumb comments in the past

but your whole "hi-compression eats the tops of the pistons" line...thats along the lines of "stickers give u hp", "my intake gives me 25hp" etc etc

educate yourself a little bit. because CLEARLY the shop thought u were a doofus and tried to take u for everything u've got.

codfish124 08-23-2009 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Red_Liner740 (Post 232286)
Wow Codfish, i'd heard some really dumb comments in the past

but your whole "hi-compression eats the tops of the pistons" line...thats along the lines of "stickers give u hp", "my intake gives me 25hp" etc etc

educate yourself a little bit. because CLEARLY the shop thought u were a doofus and tried to take u for everything u've got.

can you find that in one of my post and show me were i typed that cause if i read like that i would think im dumb too.

it doesn't eat the top of the positions it wares out the top of the cylinder. like i said i don't know were i read this i think it was on here a wile ago but every thing it said is wrong with my motor ie the cylinders are out of spec and the rings are warren down. i do know how to use a micrometer and snap gages so unless the shop did something to my motor just to screw me over then i don't know.

on the other hand this is a clasafide ad i i want to sell some stuff it is simpel you want it or you dont if you dont want it then dont post

Gregw 08-23-2009 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by codfish124 (Post 232290)
can you find that in one of my post and show me were i typed that cause if i read like that i would think im dumb too.

it doesn't eat the top of the positions it wares out the top of the cylinder. like i said i don't know were i read this i think it was on here a wile ago but every thing it said is wrong with my motor ie the cylinders are out of spec and the rings are warren down. i do know how to use a micrometer and snap gages so unless the shop did something to my motor just to screw me over then i don't know.

I think you did the damage yourself, not the shop. Here's one of you own videos. This probably robbed the motor of oil pressure laying the bike on it's side and revving the engine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcoR0uwczWk

Red_Liner740 08-24-2009 11:43 AM

^^ the way u treat that hawk, i wanna make u swallow your teeth...:mad:

the rest of the videos just shows your ineptitude at anything.

Syclone 08-24-2009 01:08 PM

Every time I read this guy's posts, my head hurts from the 2nd grade spelling and 3rd grade grammar.

After what you've done to that poor bike, you should just give away that motor to anyone willing to deal with the basket case you've made, Cod.