Classifieds Items for sale, trade or wanted.

2003 Superhawk for sale – Dallas/Fort Worth - $3100

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 04:01 PM
Squid

woolly
2003 Superhawk for sale – Dallas/Fort Worth - $3100

2003 Superhawk for sale. Approximately 1,250, one-owner miles (yes, that’s right), clear title.

Stock except for the following upgrades:
Corbin seat.
Mirror extenders & clip-on risers (approx. 1” each)
Smoke windscreen
New lithium battery (includes Battery Tender/charger)
One baffle removed from each can

I purchased this new from ProCycle when they were clearing out the final inventory of them. This forum is actually turned me on to the bike in general, and that deal specifically. :-) Only rode it a handful of miles per year, and then finally other interests got the better of me and it’s been garaged for the last few years. It’s been treated gently, but does have just a couple of very minor cosmetic blemishes from being stored in an overly-full garage (speck-sized chip on right side of tank, some small & very light scratches on the seat cowl, one rub-mark on the right-rear bodywork, and a couple of small scrapes on the front fender). You can see the tiny tank chip and the other marks in the pictures, but the cowl scratches don't show up - they are indeed very light, and it’s likely they will disappear with some light rubbing compound. Never been wrecked, never downed.

I’ve struggled with parting with this for quite a while now, and am at least a couple years overdue on my promise to sell it. But the time has finally come. I’d recommend the new owner do a complete fluids flush & replace, and a tune-up including plugs. It may need a re-jet, as I never did anything tuning-wise after the partial bafflectomy. I no longer have a way to transport this, nor the tools or space to really do any work myself. Bike starts & runs nicely, with the only issue I noticed was some popping on deceleration around 3K. Inspection & license are not current, so I haven’t been putting any additional miles on it since installing the new battery, expect for a few spins around the subdivision.

Call it a unicorn, a “barn find”, or whatever – it’s very likely the closest you’ll now ever get now to owning a “new”. ;-) There’s a slight chance the original seat and an extra set of stock pipes are still in my attic – those would come with local pickup of the bike if I can find them. I think that even with some needed catch-up on maintenance I’ve priced it fairly at $3100. Buyer responsible for local pickup or full arrangement of shipping.

Photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/305103...57669067380456

Thanks for looking!
Old 05-31-2016, 05:08 PM
Squid

DeLoreanBoy is on a distinguished road
That is a steal. If that bike were at a dealer they would have $4999.00 on it if not more.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:52 PM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

VTR1000F is on a distinguished road
More.
Old 06-01-2016, 03:33 AM
Superstock

archaicguy is on a distinguished road
Wow....... Priced very low IMO
Old 06-04-2016, 01:48 PM
Squid

woolly
Update: I was indeed able to find the original saddle - that would be included too.

Cheers!
Old 06-04-2016, 03:12 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Member since '05 and only 9 posts!!

GLWS Woolly. You should definitely get 31.