SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   Classifieds (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/classifieds-32/)
-   -   1998 vtr 1000 for sale $2000 - pennsylvania area code 18951 (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/classifieds-32/1998-vtr-1000-sale-%242000-pennsylvania-area-code-18951-a-33437/)

JaggedL 08-13-2015 02:52 PM

1998 vtr 1000 for sale $2000 - pennsylvania area code 18951

Nothing to see here. Delete please!

CruxGNZ 08-13-2015 06:29 PM

Three questions, are you sure this engine is a parallel V-twin, second did you do a retrofit with a projector inside the headlight (headlights?) or did you simply put a HID light bulb inside the headlight and third, what do you mean it needs "a pipe section"?

Not a bad price for the bike and miles.

captainchaos 08-13-2015 08:52 PM

It's a V-Twin, period. Nothing parallel about it. If you're interested I actually have that spare right side D&D chrome midpipe (in pretty good shape too). Been hanging in the garage forever. PM me if you're interested you can have it for cheap. GLWS.

NHSH 08-13-2015 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by CruxGNZ (Post 389430)
Three questions, are you sure this engine is a parallel V-twin, second did you do a retrofit with a projector inside the headlight (headlights?) or did you simply put a HID light bulb inside the headlight and third, what do you mean it needs "a pipe section"?

Not a bad price for the bike and miles.

Crux, there is no projector to what I can tell and the pipe section, I believe he meant the right side muffler and pipe, I don't think you can get just the pipe section for the D&D.
As for the parallel twin, maybe it's half engine of a VFR? :o I'm sure it's an honest mistake...

NHSH 08-13-2015 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by captainchaos (Post 389441)
It's a V-Twin, period. Nothing parallel about it. If you're interested I actually have that spare right side D&D chrome midpipe (in pretty good shape too). Been hanging in the garage forever. PM me if you're interested you can have it for cheap. GLWS.

I take it back on the midpipe ;)

JaggedL 08-14-2015 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by captainchaos (Post 389441)

Sorry its a regular v twin, im still learning the bike :)

And ive decided against selling the bike as it is fun enough bike to restore imo. I do wnjoy the ride.

I will take you up on this piping if it is what i need! In my original craigslist there is a picture that shows where its all bent up. If need be i can upload one

CruxGNZ 08-14-2015 08:56 PM

Alright! Glad to see you keeping it. We hope to see more of you here. Captainchaos is an absolute stand up person to do business with. Any questions with the bike, post 'em up.

captainchaos 08-14-2015 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by JaggedL (Post 389498)
Sorry its a regular v twin, im still learning the bike :)

And ive decided against selling the bike as it is fun enough bike to restore imo. I do wnjoy the ride.

I will take you up on this piping if it is what i need! In my original craigslist there is a picture that shows where its all bent up. If need be i can upload one

Yeah I saw it there. Shoot me a PM with your email and I'll take a couple pics for you. It's not perfect but it's real clean and a lot better than that one ;)

JaggedL 08-15-2015 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by captainchaos (Post 389506)
Yeah I saw it there. Shoot me a PM with your email and I'll take a couple pics for you. It's not perfect but it's real clean and a lot better than that one ;)

Pm sent :)