Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

Womens Gear?

Old 08-17-2013, 01:24 AM
Superstock

Squid is on a distinguished road
Womens Gear?

Well after a handful of rides with my girl on the back I can't get over the fact that she only has a good jacket, gloves, an helmet. I need to get her some pants since that they would be protecting a pair of her best assets... . I am looking for protection over all, not style. And guys or gals on here that have experience with this, their input would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.
-Squid-
Old 08-17-2013, 06:05 AM
Squid

ChikinLady1011 is on a distinguished road
Icon and AlpineStars make some fantastic women's riding gear, top to bottom. Cycle Gear also has their brand, BiLT or Street&Steel, which is significantly lower priced.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:37 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
I'd recommend going with a quality overpant, something textile of course. You know how fit can be an issue w/ our women and most overs have elastic in the waist and/or an adjustable strap. They offer excellent protection and can be taken off when you get to your destination and put in a backpack if you have some walking to do. I did a quick craigs search to show you some:
Here, here and here. One more.

If you'd like to see her in a pair of leathers... here is your chance.

Wish I lived close to this guy!

If you have the chance, check out the brand FirstGear. Very high quality stuff and I speak from experience. My wife can wear my overpant easily. The legs are a little long for her when standing, but on the bike they are fine.