RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

Tipped over again!

Old 01-25-2013, 11:44 AM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Tipped over again!

OK man is this enough to **** you off. I come home last night to find the hawk smashed into by a car & knocked over. Layng on its side with the cover and disc lock on. Really maddening.

I even just put a bunch of lime green reflective stripes all over the cover to be visible. This hasnt happened for a while.

I just got in a big discussion about why I park on the sidewalk. I have even had stupid women come out their front door and tell me NOT to take up a parking spot or I wont like what happens.

WTH? I mean talk about discrimination. People just cant wait to do it. I have paid out thousands over the years to fix smashed bikes. I am beyond furious.

I am not loud, I dont rev my bike or make a nuisance out of myself in any way. I even stop to help stuck motorists and have changed tires for people.

This sucks.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:03 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear Joe, that sucks, I had similar experiences in NY as well, I sense then parked on side walks all the time and had to take issues with other people, my tires slashed and what not, some Ahole in Brooklyn even tried to cement my wheels with concrete, only he forgot that rubber is flexible, still have some cement left over reminders on the exhaust header and mid pipe on my other bike.
Do you have any witnesses?
Old 01-25-2013, 12:27 PM
MotoGP

Havent spoken to anyone yet. There is no use. I had my car smashed in Bklyn (heard the noise) and came out as she was still clashing fenders. I asked her what she was doing and she half denied even doing it as the steel was still crunching.

People are nuts.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:37 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
That really sucks sorry to hear that. Makes me thankful for having a garage. It's so hard to have anything nice that you actually use on a regular basis. You can spend years taking care of something and it takes a second or two of someone with their I don't give a $hit attitude to ruin it...
Old 01-25-2013, 04:19 PM
Superstock

cybercarl is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear the news I know how how you feel. I once witnessed someone purposely mounting the pavement (sidewalk) and ramming my bike over because I was taking up a whole cars space outside my friends house. They where lucky I never managed to catch them as they went driving off down the road. I did get their registration plate though and reported it to the cops. Have you got much damage. I know it's a pain in the back end, but will your insurance cover it.

(:-})
Old 01-26-2013, 08:06 PM
MotoGP

Yeah with the cold snap, I have not seen any of my nieghbors yet. It was late at night and I have old nieghbors. It is really hard to get payback/ment. At the club I managed I had a drunk guy tip the bike. I (mostly) calmly went to his friend and told him they need to pay for it.

I was straight with the guy and said I'd do the work myself but wanted $400 cash (the amount the atm will give). Sure enuff the guy went & got it. Case closed.

Last time this happened I knifed all the tires of the car that was still contacting my bike. Hate to do it but doubt they will smash a bike again.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:40 AM
99 superhawk
Superstock

wsharpman is on a distinguished road
sorry to hear that. Hope you have better luck in the future.
your story reminds me of a video I saw once on u tube (don't know the link) where this happened in traffic and the biker went berserk and kicked the guys doors all up then leaped onto his hood and jumped up and down lmao the guy never got out of his car (betting he was sh#ting his drawers) lol.