RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

Superhawk Forum Member Saves the Day!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 06:32 AM
PB215C
Squid

DaddyDuby is on a distinguished road
Talking Superhawk Forum Member Saves the Day!

So, I was getting on the highway on Thursday when a car cuts in front of me, I swerve a little to miss him, just enough to line me up with a pot hole... A pot hole that just happen to have a brick size piece of concrete in it broken off of the road. I clipped the corner of the brick which, in turn kicked up and hit my oil pan. I didn't know it hit my oil pan at the time but found out shortly afterwards when I parked it in my garage and it proceeded to relieve itself of oil on my garage floor. Astonished by this as the hawk has never leaked anything ever, I quickly dove underneath the bike and realized what had happen. There was only a very small hairline crack in the pan almost unseeable if it hadn't been dripping.

The first thing I do of course is find out how much they are going for on eBay and open up superhawk forum at the same time. I love how Google always has at least one link to the forum whenever you search for something superhawk. Anyway, I happen to come across an engine for sale in the classifieds (remnant of a part out) and it was only 45 minutes from my house..... I figured I would take a long shot and pm him. To my surprise he answers the very next morning! And to add even more shock and amazement HE HAS THE PART! I know what you’re thinking... we didn't connect... your wrong... We conversed several times by pm and he was very willing to get the part to me ASAP and even offered to drive it to me! We ended up meeting half way and exchanging only $30 dollars, the bike is back on the road and I will be even more careful to watch for the pot holes.

I know this section is for when you are upset about something and you want to get it off of your chest. I posted here because I wanted you all to know that there are some great people out there who can make your day even though you have never met them. Things can go your way. And even when you feel like everything is working against you and nobody likes you its really not that bad because you have a bunch of friends on superhawk forum!

In closing I would like to extend an extremely appreciative THANK YOU to CRASHRAT. Because of you I will be able to ride back to work on Tuesday. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Last edited by DaddyDuby; 09-04-2011 at 06:29 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Back Marker

jaypo is on a distinguished road
Right on!
Old 09-06-2011, 05:12 AM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
Old 09-06-2011, 09:53 AM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
good story. Refreshing to find a good person here and there. When I was growing up in the middle of the last century(ha-not funny, it's true), 90% of people I knew were decent; now it seems we're(i.e., we good ones, are somewhere near the 10% range, hence, a precious commodity.