RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

nail in tire

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 05:28 PM
99 superhawk
Superstock

wsharpman is on a distinguished road
Angry nail in tire

well dunno if I mentioned this before but....about a month (maybe 2) ago I bought new tires in search of something that I could get more mileage out of (testing the tires) . I bought shenco 009"s well a few days after installing them I was feeling the oats and passed this redneck and buddy in a beat up ol car on my way to the store to get a coke..As I was at the counter they pull in and he walks up to me a smiles and grins and is like overly ,weirdly acting all friendly and wanting to shake my hand? well I pass it off as simply a drunk redneck (yeah he reeked of budwieser wich he happened to be purchasing another case of). anyways I go out and get on my bike and bacpeddal away from sidewalk and go home (about 1/2 mile away). I get home and find a nail in my new tire after looking at the angle in which it penetrated the tread I come to realize that it was no accident but was propped against my rear tire so when I backed up it would puncture the tire. GRRR then I realize why this fool was so overly friendly.
Well I had to go get a plug in it (can't / won't buy a new one after the price I paid for the dang tire and has no wear on it). ok all is good I ride it and does great.. now I notice same thing again (forgot to be cautious and check things out before I back up) same store and remember seing the same set of rednecks there too...friggin thing is I can't prove it GRRRR.
gonna go get another plug...then order a new tire.
moral of the story is check your tires before moving your bike when parked out of your sight!!!!
Oh yeah I will be looking to see or catch these asshats next time....I carry box knife with me always and am not afraid to teach them how expensive tires can be.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
I would park there again, go around the corner and videotape them doing it again. Once I had the goods, I'd call the cops and have them arrested and they could buy the next set of tires.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:58 PM
SuperSport

matt365 is on a distinguished road
Wow... Some peoples children. Figured this would be a story of how you got a flat on a new tire (accidentally)... Not from a run in with a couple asswipes.

Thats downright dispicable.

Find out their habits, find out when they're drinking and driving, and get the cops on them...

Karma has a way of biting people like that...
Old 05-08-2012, 07:22 PM
99 superhawk
Superstock

at that store there is no place to hide a tape them doing it...also the cops wouldn't do much in reality, youd have to goto court and blaaa blaa never actually get a dime what with them claiming they have no money or delaying court etc....nope I like an eye for an eye.. I catch him I am simply gonna lay em out and flatten all 4 tires....be doing the neighborhood a favor keeping a drunk off the road at least for a while till he could afford new tires. Oh and as for him going after me with more than a nail, well I am always packing..licensed to carry concealed
and here we do have that "stand your ground law"
Old 05-08-2012, 07:40 PM
SuperBike

Thumper is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by wsharpman
well I am always packing..licensed to carry concealed
and here we do have that "stand your ground law"
Better watch that attitude, you might survive, but you might also be like the guy in florida that is hiding and fighting for his life and freedom.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Superstock

rbrais is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Thumper
Better watch that attitude, you might survive, but you might also be like the guy in florida that is hiding and fighting for his life and freedom.
Nah. They're just rednecks. Sharpton and Jackson won't care.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:33 PM
99 superhawk
Superstock

well thought I would add to what finally happened (revenge is sweet)
I happened to be pulling into store yesterday when caught the skinny dude (one that wasn't greeting me in the store that day) attempt to do this same trick to another biker that was parked there (dunno what he did to the guy after I told him as I left minuets later)..however I removed said nail from that bike and promptly put it behind the asshats front right tire guess he was in for a suprise ....ok wasn't much but dang felt good.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:39 PM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
good job!
Old 05-17-2012, 07:45 PM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
Sounds like time to catch them in the act and introduce their face to a baseball bat..

Some people are too stupid to learn without something to get their attention first.