RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

Just write the damn ticket and shutup

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 02:08 PM
SuperSport

Crashrat is on a distinguished road
I think this might be the judge you're talking about, Old Yeller:

Old 07-13-2010, 02:08 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
I agree with Tweety. Here's the short version of a ticket I got about 15 years ago:

Very close to home I'm hitting some fast sweepers at probably close to 90 on my BMW R100RS (mid day, wide 4 lane road, not one other car in sight). A cop and his partner (who I didn't know were behind me...a long ways behind) "pull me over" as I'm parking my bike at home. Both cops are about half my age, and as one is writing the ticket, the other asks me "Why were you going so fast?". I ignored him, not wanting the lecture. The 3rd time he asked the same question, I simply replied "You've never ridden a motorcycle, have you?". They had me sign the ticket, then they drove away without saying anything more, besides "Have a nice day".

I'll take the ticket, I did the violation. You can keep the lecture.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:35 PM
Superstock

pwshadow is on a distinguished road
I'm sorry officer, the speedometers are off a little on these bikes.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:41 AM
SuperBike

Old Yeller is on a distinguished road
ok, ok...no double tap. Hey, I speed too. If I get a lecture, it's just part of the process. My secret is to take my helmet off quickly so as to let the cop know I'm a gray haired guy and not a kid. a couple times I've walked away with a warning.

Besides that, I have a soft spot for cops. they have a thankless job. I'm not fond of their ticket writing tactics sometimes, but I always try to strike up a conversation with them, and more often than not, I thank them for their service. Even when just writing tickets to maintain order on the roads, their lives are at risk by some idiot with a chip on his shoulder and a weapon in his hand. I know they are not all saints, but the majority of them are good guys. The same could be said of us in the two-wheeled community. Some of us are a-holes too.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:42 AM
SuperBike

I had Stallone as Judge Dredd in my head.

Originally Posted by Crashrat
I think this might be the judge you're talking about, Old Yeller:

Old 07-14-2010, 02:10 PM
moto gp wannabe
Squid

dutchdude is on a distinguished road
Good grief charley brown if had known everyone was going to go all holy jihad on this **** I wouldn't have bothered "ranting".
I guess my point to all the self rightous out there is if you want to have in depth arguments about right and wrong, law and punishment, I think i even saw some moron carrying on about imigration and another about double tapping me in the head.
Well then you are probably surfing the wrong forums to begin with- this is called "Rant" not "how to be politically correct in the new era of enlightanment"- so if a simple rant about a speeding ticket caused you this much grief than maybe you should check yourself and your bike-
After all it seems like most missed the point that I was pissed about being told my pipes are illegal ( 2 bro slip ons by the way) which I am pretty sure would include most of you who have done anything to your rides.
And by the way I thought this was a riders forum not a ******* tea party political convention so to the half wit that wants to double me for speeding- go buy a scooter or a harley and stick to the straight roads so the rest of us dont have to pass you, and if i get a ticket for speeding when i actually am gettin some - I wont bitch a word.
there Now thats a rant
Old 07-14-2010, 02:19 PM
SuperSport

Did we ever figure out what a double tap was?
Old 07-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Duc Hawk
SuperSport

Moto Man is on a distinguished road
Sounds like we could all use Dave Chapelles "Wrap it up" box...http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/...&videoId=11879
Old 07-14-2010, 03:43 PM
Superstock

Like Zombieland Rule 4?
Old 07-14-2010, 03:44 PM
Superstock

Because that would be a little harsh for speeding. Maybe if they were on a Harley.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:11 PM
moto gp wannabe
Squid

dutchdude is on a distinguished road
good one
Old 07-14-2010, 05:35 PM
SuperSport

That was wicked funny.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:22 AM
SuperBike

dang, I was only kidding about the double tap. Gee, y'all are sensitive. Plus I could take you on a road course. well...assuming there's no rain.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:42 PM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by autoteach
I'm with nekkid, the rules are there for a reason. With current technology, police could gps track vehicles, tell how fast they are going, and give tickets for speeding and blowing stop signs/lights as well as faulty maintenance (as most vehicles can diagnose almost all circuits). I think this would be really fair. If you do anything wrong, you get a ticket. Break the limit, ticket, roll a stop sign, ticket. And think of the savings that we would have on police, cause traffic stops wouldn't even be necessary. WE would also save lots of fuel and almost definitely increase the amount of public transportation after the loss of licenses by 3/4 of the population.
Geez I despise this kind of thinking! Some people will be perfectly happy when society becomes like a bee hive with everyone fullfilling their predetermined roles without variation.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:49 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by RK1
For any Americans out here in internetland. Imagine it's 1776. You approach Geo. Washington, Tom Jefferson, Patrick Henry, Paul Revere etc. Tell 'em you've come to install the King's tracking device on their horse to make sure they don't "break any rules".

How many milliseconds before you've got pistols pointed at your head?
And maybe a hole or three in it?
Well said. Unfortunately many people haven't a clue about this country's history or what freedom is about. The older our society gets the more people will have been socialized to value order more than liberty.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:05 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by L8RGYZ
Geez I despise this kind of thinking! Some people will be perfectly happy when society becomes like a bee hive with everyone fullfilling their predetermined roles without variation.
Hey, that sounds like the Obama plan. Everyone will just work for the government.
Old 07-18-2010, 02:06 PM
SuperBike

"In the double-tap technique, after the first round is fired, the shooter quickly reacquires the sights for a fast second shot. This skill can be practiced by firing two shots at a time, taking time between the shots to reacquire the sights. With practice, the time between shots grows shorter and shorter until it seems to the observer as if the shooter is just pulling the trigger twice very quickly."

Great examples by Tom Cruise's character (hitman) in the movie Collateral.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:00 AM
Superstock

nekkid is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dutchdude
Good grief charley brown if had known everyone was going to go all holy jihad on this **** I wouldn't have bothered "ranting".
I guess my point to all the self rightous out there is if you want to have in depth arguments about right and wrong, law and punishment, I think i even saw some moron carrying on about imigration and another about double tapping me in the head.
Well then you are probably surfing the wrong forums to begin with- this is called "Rant" not "how to be politically correct in the new era of enlightanment"- so if a simple rant about a speeding ticket caused you this much grief than maybe you should check yourself and your bike-
After all it seems like most missed the point that I was pissed about being told my pipes are illegal ( 2 bro slip ons by the way) which I am pretty sure would include most of you who have done anything to your rides.
And by the way I thought this was a riders forum not a ******* tea party political convention so to the half wit that wants to double me for speeding- go buy a scooter or a harley and stick to the straight roads so the rest of us dont have to pass you, and if i get a ticket for speeding when i actually am gettin some - I wont bitch a word.
there Now thats a rant
What a picture of self-absorbed behavior; say anything you want as long as you agree with me. It's guys like this that cause road mayhem like the accident cited in another recent thread on this forum.

Old Yeller, next time you're in Hawaii the first round's on me.
Old 07-21-2010, 07:28 PM
Bytes
Back Marker

Bytes is on a distinguished road
Ummm, it is firing two rounds out of a hand gun in quick succession. Well, thats what it is in the target shooting world. Generally used when you want to make sure that your intended target immediately stops doing what ever it is you don't like. Typically used to fend off attacks. I don't think I want to walk out in my front yard and do that to myself. I certainly hope Tweety is not suggesting we go try that
Old 07-26-2010, 09:40 AM
Squid

youngdrew47 is on a distinguished road
99.5% of all cops are dicks. It's a scientific fact.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:15 AM
Superstock

Originally Posted by youngdrew47
Wow your high school must have offered a different science program than mine. Sounds like they mixed statistics in there and then used inaccurate data as examples in the book.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:37 PM
Squid

nick_packer is on a distinguished road
Holy cow.... I read this almost for all the humor. I'm sorry about the ticket and I agree with most of you on some points. Yes, jurisdiction is needed. Coasting down hill then receive a ticket... bs. That cop had nothing else to do it seems. Should clock people going up the hill and ticket them if they're speeding up it. Seems to make more sense. You were more or less stuck in a trap.

Besides who's right and wrong, I have 2 friends that are police officers. One is a complete dick even out of his uniform, and the other has his days. I've seen my fair share of both. More jerks and guys with excessive testosterone and control issues it seems. I do believe the nicest police officers I have met here in Michigan are the State Police. The city police are just nasty.

All in all... isn't this forum for ranting not criticizing or arguing?
Old 10-08-2010, 07:47 AM
Superstock

nekkid is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nick_packer
Holy cow.... I read this almost for all the humor. I'm sorry about the ticket and I agree with most of you on some points. Yes, jurisdiction is needed. Coasting down hill then receive a ticket... bs. That cop had nothing else to do it seems. Should clock people going up the hill and ticket them if they're speeding up it. Seems to make more sense. You were more or less stuck in a trap.

Besides who's right and wrong, I have 2 friends that are police officers. One is a complete dick even out of his uniform, and the other has his days. I've seen my fair share of both. More jerks and guys with excessive testosterone and control issues it seems. I do believe the nicest police officers I have met here in Michigan are the State Police. The city police are just nasty.

All in all... isn't this forum for ranting not criticizing or arguing?

The term "rant" is loose enough to encompass both criticism and argument. If not, this thread would have been just one post long.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:34 PM
99 superhawk
Superstock

wsharpman is on a distinguished road
I loved it..simply enjoyed the reading , the humor, etc. I was all but nodding off after a ride and settled down at my desk reading the forum and bored..Then I came across this rant and woke up and smiled as I read through it..I can see the humor in peoples responses here and it has been a hoot.
Old 07-15-2011, 05:58 PM
Squid

SmoothAB is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by VTRsurfer

Very close to home I'm hitting some fast sweepers at probably close to 90 on my BMW R100RS (mid day, wide 4 lane road, not one other car in sight). A cop and his partner (who I didn't know were behind me...a long ways behind) "pull me over" as I'm parking my bike at home.
I've always wondered the legality of cops who decide to initiate "Traffic stops" long after a vehicle has committed the offense.

Suppose you were to have just walked casually inside your house what do you think they would have done? I've often wondered about this whole "Cop pulls me over in my own garage" type scenario.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:44 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by SmoothAB
I've always wondered the legality of cops who decide to initiate "Traffic stops" long after a vehicle has committed the offense.

Suppose you were to have just walked casually inside your house what do you think they would have done? I've often wondered about this whole "Cop pulls me over in my own garage" type scenario.
Yeah, he even said they couldn't get close enough to clock me. Wrote me up for 65 in a 45. I knew I was going much faster, so I didn't argue. I just did the traffic school.

And it was a carport structure under a condo building. They turned the corner a block behind me just as I was left turning into the carport driveway. I didn't even know they were following me until then.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Back Marker

Partsman is an unknown quantity at this point
Tickets on Cherohola

Originally Posted by mikstr
yep, give me the ticket and save me the lecture Mr. Holier-than-thou.....
We know what happens in my neck of the woods don't we mikstr........expecially if your a crazy Canadian...
Old 02-27-2012, 07:20 PM
Back Marker

Kelevra is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by youngdrew47
Prolly more like 90%, but I like your line of thinking.