RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

I am a jerk according to a noob

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 07:07 PM
Back Marker

lukenukem47 is on a distinguished road
I am a jerk according to a noob

I am refering to noob to protect the identity of the person that I managed to **** off. I will refer to him as noob. I sold a shifter assembly that to my dismay needed to be prestigious and I failed to do so. I sold the best shifter asmembly I had off one of my three bikes and it included an all aluminum aftermarket toe ****. I considered it to be in great condition. Apparently I am a peice of **** ripping people off. This guy wanted a vtr shifter for his vfr bike. I am thinking it got damaged in the mail or it did not fit his bike. Eather way I'm making a insurance claim on it when it gets returned. I am sure he is going to cut me to pieces on here but I guess it comes with the territory of selling things.

(Noob's email to me)
"I received the shifter today, and it's a damaged piece of junk. I specifically told you several times I was looking for an undamaged--not bent, not scratched--shifter assembly. The shifter you sent me has a huge "S" bend to it, the toe piece is some nonoriginal piece of junk drilled and screwed in place of the integral original, and the threaded rod of one of the heim joints is bent. Since you misrepresented the shifter in a BIG way, I've filed a dispute with Paypal to get a refund--you should receive word from them shortly. If you don't voluntarily provide me with a refund for the junk you sent me, I will escalate the dispute to a formal claim with Paypal and let them give me my money back and sanction you for any future Paypal dealings, and then I will relate the entire experience on the forum and do everything I can to make sure you don't try to rip off anybody else. Your choice how it plays out, but*we both know what I paid for wasn't what I got, and, believe me, because I've used Paypal for years and I've*been through this before--I'll get my money back, either*willingly from you or awarded back to me by Paypal. The only difference is whether I get it back quietly from you, or I get it from Paypal and let everybody know the deal"

I like the fact he "assumes" automatically I will fight with him. Those VFR people must get angry really quick. I am thinking it has to do with their bikes are slower then ours. Just my thoughts, -

If anyone else would like to comment on this please do. I am sure I am in the wrong some how. According to paypal "you can't please everyone or us at Paypal support would not have jobs" I laughed really hard at that.

My email that I returned
Just send it back if your not happy with it. Sorry it wasn't to your standards. They stop making the bike 6 years ago, however I'm sure the dealer can still get you brand new parts. Once I receive the item I will return the money that it has cost you. Sorry for the inconvenience truly wasn't trying to mislead you.

I want all of my friends here at superhawkforum to know about this. I will never attempt to knowingly mislead anyone and if I do I will make every attempt to correct it like it did not happen and publicity admit when I have done something in the wrong.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:36 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
It's difficult to judge from here, but it seems to me that if you would have described the defects, eg., bent, scratched, etc., but sturdy and usable, you may not have pissed this particular camper off. Some people are fussy.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:52 PM
SuperSport

thetophatflash is an unknown quantity at this point
If I'm him, I just order a new oem.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:58 PM
Back Marker

After studying the VFR I do not see how he would make it work. The area that he would need to bolt the shifter does not exist on the VFR. I am no longer worried about this as I was a few hours ago. I am glad I was able to help this guy figure out the the VTR shifter will not work with his setup. I do not like loaning parts out for experiments, I feel that is what has taken place. Nice way to attempt F#@$ people over if the parts do not work.
Old 06-10-2011, 05:55 AM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
This guy sounds like a GIANT SIZED DOUCHE BAG.

I'd be interested to see a picture of the part when you return it.

You can tell by his wording that he was reaching for any sort of excuse that he could come up with to guarantee that you accept it back.

Anyhow, you are correct, they are jealous.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:05 AM
SuperBike

Old Yeller is on a distinguished road
I agree with Eric. The guy seems to have flown off the handle. Had he communicated with you after receiving the part other than this?

Do you have any pictures of what you sent him?

By the way, I think you're a big jerk for stealing that iridium screen out from under the rest of us! ;-D
Old 06-10-2011, 07:37 AM
Superstock

evines is on a distinguished road
This is why I always try to send pictures of the item before I sell anybody anything. A picture is worth 1000 words. My definition of "good but used condition" might not be the same as someone else's.

But yeah, that e-mail seemed a little over the top. If it's not actually damaged and bent up, I think you should let us know who the person is so we have full disclosure dealing with him/her in the future. This forum is only as good as it's members . . .

I've had only good experiences buying/selling on this forum so far, and I'd like to keep it that way.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:59 AM
Back Marker

I should have shipped it in a box rather then a insulated bag, I am sure it got damaged along the line or he is being extreme. The visor was more rare then I though. I haven't found it offered anywhere on the net. It wouldn't look good on a yellow bike anyways. Only to colors will set this off and that is Blue or Black. I wanted to put on my bike but it looks out of place. I am pricing out powder coating for the cast areas of my frame and swing arm. All the flat areas I am in the process of polishing. I want to polish the covers and paint the motor black too. More importantly I just want to complete this project.

Last edited by lukenukem47; 06-10-2011 at 09:12 AM.
Old 06-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
I wouldn't worry too much about VFR NooB. I'm not really sure how he planned to adapt a VTR shifter to a VFR.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:42 AM
907 Noble
Back Marker

AK Ronin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RWhisen
I wouldn't worry too much about VFR NooB. I'm not really sure how he planned to adapt a VTR shifter to a VFR.
By the way it sounds, he didn't plan on making it work, he just wanted to throw a bitch fit and pick a fight.

No bueno in my book. Know what you're doing, and if you don't, at least come to the realization that experiments don't always work the first time.

VFR NooB is a tool.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:17 PM
SuperBike

Thumper is an unknown quantity at this point
He probably doesn't know the VFR and VTR are different bikes, Noob mistake
Old 06-16-2011, 09:11 AM
Back Marker

Well the terms I set was the item had to be returned by this Friday, insured, tracking and all info sent to me before the item arrives. If the noob fails to follow these demands that where set forth on last week Thursday he forfeits his paypal claim. So far no emails.. When this issue is final I will tell you who the noob is so no one else will have to deal with this guy.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:53 PM
Back Marker

12 hours left and I get my money back. Tic tic tic
This guy must be a paypal noob too or just plain lazy to send the item back. Perhaps he took my advise and made a claim. Regardless glad this drama is almost over.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:22 AM
itsmytimebit**
Squid

307superseller is on a distinguished road
Paypal is set so that if your a buyer you can rip people off. for instance order a part off eBay if they Don't send a tracking # Recieve your nice new part, file a dispute , and bitch to the seller, wala double your money. Some people are just *** holes. like me
Old 06-17-2011, 06:19 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 307superseller
Paypal is set so that if your a buyer you can rip people off. for instance order a part off eBay if they Don't send a tracking # Recieve your nice new part, file a dispute , and bitch to the seller, wala double your money. Some people are just *** holes. like me
if you do that you're right. You are an *******.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:28 PM
I loves me twins
Superstock
Superstock

NooB is on a distinguished road
Just to be clear, the noob reference has nothing to do with me..
Old 06-18-2011, 06:54 AM
WWTDD
Back Marker

Seattle_SuperHawk is on a distinguished road
Old 07-22-2011, 04:40 AM
Squid

sansui is on a distinguished road
LOL

greetings from south central MI! Man alive that guy is a jerk. No two ways about it. The irony is that I'd do business all day with you luke but once I find out who that guy is he'll make my untouchable list. His threat kinda backfired.

Let's just say you did try and screw him. Why doesn't he just take a picture and contact you saying 'hey man this isn't going to work, I'd like to return the item.' Worst case you say tough stick and the buyer can still go and do all that nasty stuff to get his money back through paypal. Why go to such lengths to show how much of a jerk you are? Hat's off to ya luke and good luck getting this sorted. Keep us posted. Ooop, just saw it's been a month. How'd things work out?