RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

Home Depot Plumbing Aisle. Arrrggghhhh!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 03:37 PM
Bytes
Back Marker

Bytes is on a distinguished road
Home Depot Plumbing Aisle. Arrrggghhhh!

I'm sorry but parking your shopping cart in front of the plumbing fittings and then proceeding to plan your list of materials for you sprinkler system pisses me off. I'm not sure but last time I checked there are plenty of places to park your fat *** while you do your planning besides here. Yep, I did it before I got here. I know exactly what I am here for because I made a freaking list. I did it on a real hi-tech device called a pen and pad. Exxxxxcccccccccccuuuuuuuuuuusssssssssssssse ME, if I ask for you to step aside while I quickly get my items and then go on my way. Don't act so put off because I asked you to move your fat *** away from the merchandise. And yeah, it is a really fat *** pal. I'm actually surprised that you're not hauling that huge piece of pig fat around in a 3/4 ton jazzy with a lift kit. Oh, need a 1 ton, sorry home depot doesn't have those. Maybe try two half tons, one for each cheek.

Wow, I'm still pissed at that stupid jerk. I thought this would help. Maybe I'll try a cold beer.
Old 07-05-2010, 06:25 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Being 63 years old, I've seen a decline in civility and common courtesy in our society in recent years. Too many people don't give a damn about anyone other than themselves. My wife tells me to ignore it or I will go nuts.

So my best advice is to ignore it....and have a beer.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:47 PM
Back Marker

steener is on a distinguished road
I tore my achilles six weeks ago and am on crutches (no riding the 'hawk or the mountain bike). So, I take my son with me to push the cart while I do some grocery shopping. Women kept parking their cart right in my way or stepping in front of me. No consideration at all. Momma raised me to be a gentleman but I was about to pimp slap someone.

Kinda like people driving the speed limit in the left lane. Just keeps happening more and more often. And by old folks that were taught better.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Superstock

nekkid is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by VTRsurfer
Being 63 years old, I've seen a decline in civility and common courtesy in our society in recent years. Too many people don't give a damn about anyone other than themselves. My wife tells me to ignore it or I will go nuts.

So my best advice is to ignore it....and have a beer.

Hmmm...we must be married to the same woman.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:59 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nekkid
Hmmm...we must be married to the same woman.
Either that or there is some merit to that myth of women being wizer than men... Cuz I get the same advice from my woman...

And no, I'm not old enough to talk about "how it was in the old days"... But being just over thirty I can say a lot have changed... If I behaved the way kids do today, my parents would have grounded me for an eternity...

And with my parents, and in those days, grounded really meant grounded, the computer was unplugged, the phone was unplugged, everthing back then had cords, kiddies...
And I'm fairly sure my father would have seriously considered altering his stance on never hitting his kids...
It just never even crossed mine orr my brothers mind to even know how to behave that way...

And the "adults" of today behave more and more like their children...
Old 07-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Bytes
Back Marker

Bytes is on a distinguished road
Hey Tweety, I think we may have had the same parents When I got grounded it did mean grounded. We couldn't do anything except homework. I new if I got out of line the "grounding" was coming and it sucked so I pretty much toed the mark. The only time I ever remembered being spanked was when I was doing something to put myself in danger. I tried to raise my kids the same way and over all they are considerate of others and defer to authority.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Superstock

nekkid is on a distinguished road
That settles it. There is only one set of parents and only one wife out there that we are all sharing.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:04 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nekkid
That settles it. There is only one set of parents and only one wife out there that we are all sharing.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:47 AM
SuperSport

residentg is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by VTRsurfer
...So my best advice is to ignore it....and have a beer.
Nothing beats self-medicating.

On another note, perhaps "Fat-***" aka "F-A", was looking for larger diameter pipes to allow his F-A waste to flush away without a plunger or multiple lever pushes. Sorry for the visual on that one.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Señor Miembro, Ay Caramba
SuperSport

Scooberhawk is on a distinguished road
If I'm ever so unfortunate as to get married, I hope I marry the same wife you all share.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:26 PM
SuperSport

PUSHrod is on a distinguished road
Same F/A, different aisle. Caught him dumping my intended purchase off of the float I was using so he didn't have to waddle to the front of the store to get his own. Waited quietly until he was finished and had his mdse on it before I reclaimed the float.

Just tipped it over on his feet. Told him to either do something about me or go get a manager to whine at. Thought he was gonna stroke out. Then he just split. Can't imagine what his home life is like, pity the spouse and rug rats.

If I was without a garage and the stereo in it, and the motorcycle, and oh yeah, the midnight herbal remedy I'd be dangerous in this rude society. ("Yes dear, I'm about ready to come in now.")
Old 08-27-2010, 02:10 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PUSHrod
Same F/A, different aisle. Caught him dumping my intended purchase off of the float I was using so he didn't have to waddle to the front of the store to get his own. Waited quietly until he was finished and had his mdse on it before I reclaimed the float.

Just tipped it over on his feet. Told him to either do something about me or go get a manager to whine at. Thought he was gonna stroke out. Then he just split. Can't imagine what his home life is like, pity the spouse and rug rats.

If I was without a garage and the stereo in it, and the motorcycle, and oh yeah, the midnight herbal remedy I'd be dangerous in this rude society. ("Yes dear, I'm about ready to come in now.")
Had that happen a few days ago at the local building supply shop, but I might be a bit meaner than you...

I just waited until he was done stacking several pieces of MDF board on it, then politely informed him that the cart belonged to me, and that I expected him to remove his stuff and put mine back on it... When he started arguing I just restated the same thing, still politely and using a friendly tone... I just added "NOW!!!" in big letters at the end... By then we had attracted a crowd... And he did remove his stuff and put mine back... muttering to him self all the time...
Old 08-27-2010, 03:46 PM
Back Marker

revhead1957 is on a distinguished road
Totally relate to retail rage, but the trolley jacking takes the cake!

My turn! What is it with some people these days that they can't even wait a few minutes in a line.
Scenario: Line of petrol pumps, cars line astern, room for 2 cars at a time to fill up. Front pump being used, you pull in and start using the rear pump, meanwhile front guy finishes, pays and moves off. F*kwit goes past me and reverses into the front pump, and starts filling up. I finish filling, pay and then have to wait while she finishes and pays, gets back to the car, can't find her keys, checks her hair, forgets to belt up etc etc.
Sweeping generalisation, but it is almost always a young female in a small hatchback. Don't care how good looking they are, that is selfish and ignorant and therefore unattractive.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:55 PM
Superstock

steve.g is on a distinguished road
As a 51 year old kid I too have noticed a decline in civility and the only advice I can offer is what my Grandfather would say... " Respect and courtesy are free. We should all learn to use them generously ".
Old 07-21-2011, 06:06 PM
99 superhawk
Superstock

wsharpman is on a distinguished road
I am only "polite" to those that show they earn it...Point in this is, show me respect I show you the same. I find the older I get the more bold I am about many things, especially when I see something wrong (like when a older woman cuts line at a store (just cause she thinks her errand is more important that the others already waiting). I saw this happen recently in a grocery store, a little young gal and her baby were waiting in line and she only had a fwew little items (probably all she could afford) and this older woman simply push's her cart in front of her (with a bunch of stuff in it). I was in a different line waiting my turn when I watched this whole thing. Yeah I know should probably mind my own biz, but I simply couldn't stand it. I jumped out of line and went over there and cut in front of the ol' bat and pushed her cart back and scolded her in front of the whole damn store while letting the young lady go do her biz. the ol bat was so embarrased she left her cart (after a few words showing how christian she truelly was) and stormed out. I simply smiled and waved "saying have a nice day" lmao...I got cheers from people there. Apparently this wasn't the first time with this bat, but the first time someone told her off about it.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:45 PM
SuperBike

finepooch is on a distinguished road
and when you left FA was probably walking down the middle of the parking lot aisle, completely ignorant to the fact that he could move to the side and allow autos to pass.

we have ignoramouses(sp?) here too. too many examples to list.
Old 07-21-2011, 11:53 PM
Squid

Kieran is on a distinguished road
Helloo all.
I'm only 28, and I've seen the same decline in civility in my lifetime.
I was raised old school, by parents who didn't believe we should be raised by all of the crap on TV, with its escalating, graphic violence and more and more rubbishy dialogue and plots. Our extent of TV exposure was one we rented out for the olympic and commonwealth games.
However, we spent the time doing things-reading, fishing, tramping (hiking), hunting, kayaking, motorcycling, sports. Good, healthy, pursuits.

The people of my parents generation (50's & 60's) were raised by real parents. Very few of my generation have that upbringing.

After that, people were raised by the square nanny.Just sit them down in front, and leave them there.
Just leave them there to soak up all the aberrant behaviour they see.
See the people in the little box act without respect, or courtesy, settling every problem with violence and yelling and screaming... Get my drift?
Then people wonder why society has gone wrong
Old 07-22-2011, 07:46 AM
Back Marker

Tormoz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Bytes
I'm sorry but parking your shopping cart in front of the plumbing fittings and then proceeding to plan your list of materials for you sprinkler system pisses me off. I'm not sure but last time I checked there are plenty of places to park your fat *** while you do your planning besides here. Yep, I did it before I got here. I know exactly what I am here for because I made a freaking list. I did it on a real hi-tech device called a pen and pad. Exxxxxcccccccccccuuuuuuuuuuusssssssssssssse ME, if I ask for you to step aside while I quickly get my items and then go on my way. Don't act so put off because I asked you to move your fat *** away from the merchandise. And yeah, it is a really fat *** pal. I'm actually surprised that you're not hauling that huge piece of pig fat around in a 3/4 ton jazzy with a lift kit. Oh, need a 1 ton, sorry home depot doesn't have those. Maybe try two half tons, one for each cheek.

Wow, I'm still pissed at that stupid jerk. I thought this would help. Maybe I'll try a cold beer.
No need to sugarcoat it for us; we can take it. Tell us how you really feel.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:13 AM
SuperBike

Old Yeller is on a distinguished road
As I age, I'm leaning more and more toward the motto of "kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out". It's amazing how disrespectful society has become. I often wonder how much longer it will be before we go the same direction as every other civilization has and disappear.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:46 AM
ride it out
SuperSport

nothing is on a distinguished road
I agree yeller, and feel the same way. I make a good effort daily to be absolutely respectful to people, except in few instances like bad drivers, but overall pretty good. However, as people become more and more opposite of the ideal respectee I lose my respect and cool too, why should I respect if they don't? I do because it's the way people should be.

/rant
Old 07-22-2011, 11:26 AM
SuperBike

C5aig is on a distinguished road
The question I have is how many of you who share the same wife, and parents.... have military history in either yourself, the parents, or wife?

I was raised "military" by my standards by a farm boy turned air force captain and passed all the same skills and traits to me that he learned from his parents. All we can hope for is that we can do the same (like I'm trying with my girlfriend's 4 year old) and keep the few of us with respect and social conscience going until the others do away with themselves.