RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

HOLY HYDROCARBONS BATMAN! Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 06:24 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
HOLY HYDROCARBONS BATMAN! Part 2

The price of regular at the local Chevron station went up 16 cents/gal IN ONE DAY!

It was $3.89 yesterday, and $4.05 today. About 1 month ago it was $3.59.

Before Tweety and others on the far side of the pond chime in, this is in California, in the USA, where we have enormous oil reserves both on and off shore, but a government that restricts drilling. Also, in California there is a shortage of oil refineries, and again, refusal by the state to allow construction of new refineries. Some refineries that were in operation 30 to 40 years ago have long since been shut down.

So here we go again, and it's only January 31st. In the past, the seasonal gas price hike hasn't started until late March or April.

The kicker is that the price of crude actually dropped today, to $95/barrel.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:19 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Hmm... Just counting in my head... 3.8 liters per gallon, and about 7 SEK per USD, so about 7 SEK per liter... Well... It's above half now, so you are getting closer... Last time I filled up it was about 12 SEK per liter, which is the lowest in several months, but that doesn't do me a lot of good, since it's still winter...
Old 02-02-2013, 02:56 AM
SuperSport

PUSHrod is on a distinguished road
It's all the guv'ments fault. 'We the people' are suffering from social and economic oppression.

The price of fuel, over regulation of business, restriction of super-sized soft drinks, being forced to buy health insurance, the war on Christmas, legalized gay marriage, helmet laws, smog controls and questionable art displays in public museums. We're goin' to hell in a hand basket.

I tell ya', it's time to become part of that 'well organized militia' and rise up in armed insurrection against this onerous guv'ment and change things to our liking.

THEN things will be different. We won't have to look at Maplethorp art, the air we breathe will be just fine, no motorcyclist will die because he didn't hear that diesel horn, the gays will be back in the closet, every city hall will have a creche paid for with tax money, the poor will just die when they get sick, pre-teens will drink gallon sized slurpees and gas will be $.37 a gallon again.

"What's that dear? Well yes, I voted in the last election, but my guy lost. I guess you're right, this soap box might be a little wobbly." (grumble, grumble)
Old 02-02-2013, 03:44 AM
SuperBike

Wicky is on a distinguished road
Move to Venezuela or hurry up and invade Iran, I'm sure the UK can send a crack battalion of Firestorm riders to help the US liberate a few oil wells ;-)

BBC News - Fuel price calculator: How much do you pay?

Old 02-02-2013, 08:23 AM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Wicky
Move to Venezuela or hurry up and invade Iran, I'm sure the UK can send a crack battalion of Firestorm riders to help the US liberate a few oil wells ;-)

BBC News - Fuel price calculator: How much do you pay?

Wicky, you cracked me up
How about forcing Opec to cut on prices?
Old 02-02-2013, 02:49 PM
SuperSport

PUSHrod is on a distinguished road
Trade ya your Jerry Brown for our Ricky Scott. This govner flip flops so often you would think he was a prop in a Parrot Head show, although he LOOKS like a stand in for Golum in Lord of the Rings.

Easy there pard, I was making acerbic fun of the paranoics on the right and their crisis du jour. If it stung then you might want to recalibrate your sensitivity meter and wonder where else you miss the humor offered.

Gas Prices?? Here's my rant. . .it's a crime that my motorcycles get less gas milage than my commuter car with it's A/C on and that two wheeled insurance is more. Not to mention that four tires for the Civic are less than two decent tires for a sport bike, and mounting is included. No justice I tell you. Gotta be the government's fault.

But I'm torn. (Look for the jab) Should or should not the government control businesses and markets? Really, I want my free lunch. Don't you?
Old 02-02-2013, 04:00 PM
SuperBike

HRCA#1 is on a distinguished road
I'll do that Governor trade in a New York second, at least he has a plan!
Old 02-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Superstock
Superstock

davidka is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NHSH
How about forcing Opec to cut on prices?
We get most of our foreign oil from Canada and Mexico. About 13% comes from the middle east (mostly Saudi Arabia).

Much of the new oil we're extracting on this continent is only happening because at over $60/bbl to extract it made no sense to do when we could buy it for $40/bbl. Now $60 seems like a bargain, eh?
Old 02-02-2013, 06:44 PM
Superstock

Squid is on a distinguished road
Just getting back state side I have burned 1 1/2 tanks of dead Dinos and havnt winced once. After not riding for the past 7 months I would pay $10 per Gal. but ask me that in 3 weeks that may be a different story. But for now... WEeeee!