RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

Thanks God for the weather

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 07:47 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Thanks God for the weather

Well, I complained about the winter, but give Him credit where its due, the temps have been so comfortable for biking. Upper 40s early morning, 50s & 60s in the day, near 70.

Perfect. Wear full gear, dont sweat, no bugs yet. Tons of grip. Thank God.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:57 PM
Superstock

KCCO is on a distinguished road
Nice, I have to wait for sun down to get that nice of temps. Yesterday was 95F here.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:38 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
http://youtu.be/oZgT1SRcrKE

Really wanna get into a religion discussion?
Old 05-07-2013, 05:09 PM
SuperSport

1971allchaos is on a distinguished road
Well, I don't know as I would go that far- wolfie...
Yet riding in 40-50 degree, RAIN for ...........well to long to count.... (water logged)
Yet with idiots in CAGES, I pray most of the time, (My skills be sharp, and the tires sticky, and that I don't have beat any idiot to death, for some stupid manuever they pull on the road)
Old 05-25-2013, 04:03 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
give him credit where its due
If you give credit for good weather, what do you do for events like the recent tornado?
Old 05-25-2013, 06:49 AM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Wolverine
If you give credit for good weather, what do you do for events like the recent tornado?
+1 and also, I wouldn't call this weekend a good weather, it sucks!!!
Old 05-25-2013, 06:54 AM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
24/7 there are factories belching thick noxious smoke into the air and dumping it into the sea. Yet you can still open you window to get fresh air. The earth keeps purifying it.

If the level of gravity was set just a tiny amount more or less than it is, the earth would not hold its amazing atmosphere. Even the way the other planets are alighned is specificly set to protect earth. (moon included)

The amount of information contained in DNA and the human bodies unbelieveable engineering that self replicates and self fixes is mindboggling.

If you came accross a superhawk in the dessert, would you wonder how all this iron, carbon, rubber and elements somehow pulled itself together, organized and started working as a machine, or would you immediately know it had a designer and maker? Life is the absoulte ultimate in engineering.

Order never comes from disorder. This is a law. Entropy always takes over. Iron rusts, wood rots.

Oh, and how about the way you feel about your children, your wife. You love them right?
With that undefineable super powerful force that has caused men to cross ocean, harness fire, industrialize?

God is love. That alone should reverberate in your head for a while.

And all the places that are good for man to live, God is there. Where his people built churches, hospitals, schools, and order. To serve other people. Many times for not much profit but to help and educate.

Tornados are part of how the weather works, but go online and look at the huge outpouring of help and humanitarian aid. The thousands of volunteers after big storms that dig people out. My wife and I volunteer for our church here in Brooklyn.

Thats where you will find God. (oh, and in that sunshine too)
Old 05-25-2013, 11:12 AM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
24/7 there are factories belching thick noxious smoke into the air and dumping it into the sea. Yet you can still open you window to get fresh air. The earth keeps purifying it.

If the level of gravity was set just a tiny amount more or less than it is, the earth would not hold its amazing atmosphere. Even the way the other planets are alighned is specificly set to protect earth. (moon included)

The amount of information contained in DNA and the human bodies unbelieveable engineering that self replicates and self fixes is mindboggling.

If you came accross a superhawk in the dessert, would you wonder how all this iron, carbon, rubber and elements somehow pulled itself together, organized and started working as a machine, or would you immediately know it had a designer and maker? Life is the absoulte ultimate in engineering.

Order never comes from disorder. This is a law. Entropy always takes over. Iron rusts, wood rots.

Oh, and how about the way you feel about your children, your wife. You love them right?
With that undefineable super powerful force that has caused men to cross ocean, harness fire, industrialize?

God is love. That alone should reverberate in your head for a while.

And all the places that are good for man to live, God is there. Where his people built churches, hospitals, schools, and order. To serve other people. Many times for not much profit but to help and educate.

Tornados are part of how the weather works, but go online and look at the huge outpouring of help and humanitarian aid. The thousands of volunteers after big storms that dig people out. My wife and I volunteer for our church here in Brooklyn.

Thats where you will find God. (oh, and in that sunshine too)
Hey Joe, I respect what you doing man, it is more then many of us I'm sure, but I just wanted to clarify few things here.
The level of gravity got little to do with the amount of atmosphere we have, the protective magnetic shield of Earth doe's, without it we wouldn't have much atmosphere left, it would be stripped away with the solar wind, as like Mars which is way further from the sun.
If you think that Earth purifying itself, you probably right under natural circumstances, but what human do is accelerating the process's of polluting by many folds, somewhat like the major catastrophic Earth experiences in the past that caused huge climate changes and extinctions of many species. We human also introduce some new materials that are not natural, toxic, non degradable and last very very long.
I want to see what clean air you get if you open the window in Beijing China... You think air pollution doe's nothing??? Not to mention the sea...
In your scale of your own short daily life you may not notice much change, but your kids and grand kids will not have the same picture.

Tornadoes are part of life in the mid west/south west, that is true, but the increase of storms and the strength may very well be our own doing with the unnatural change of climate, raise in temperatures and sea levels and etc.
There is only so much the Earth can take with such abuse before systems collapse.

I will not go to religious discussions, that is not the point here, but I have to say that no matter what you believe in, it is a fact that we human playing God without looking to the consequences on almost every aspect of life, with that comes great responsibility, if we cannot take it, we will pay for this eventually, something got to give.. and it wont be God!

Oh, as for the Superhawk in the dessert... the almighty VTR... if I would be a cave man I would think it's a beast and I wouldn't be wrong
Old 05-25-2013, 12:25 PM
MotoGP

go online and look at the huge outpouring of help and humanitarian aid. The thousands of volunteers after big storms that dig people out.

Humanitarian aid is people helping those in need, no matter what faith or lack there of. Let's just get that out of this discussion.

Last edited by Wolverine; 05-27-2013 at 06:27 PM.