RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

FCUK Alpinestars, that's right.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 01:57 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Aw man I hate when that happens.
Old 03-08-2016, 06:38 AM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by captainchaos
Arnette sunglasses suck ***** (when the lenses delaminated the first year I had them she actually asked me "did you leave them out in the sun?)
For your entertainment pleasure, for those of you that may not know this, Arnette is Oakley. Oakley wanted an economical line, and named it Arnette.
I have a pair of prescription glasses from them, and they've been good to me so far.

Shame on you Cap for using sunglasses....in the sun !!! You should know better.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:38 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
So, after years of wearing Astars gear, I never really tested it on ashault. That all changed yesterday at a track day. I’m very disappointed!

I’ll spare you guys the rash pic. 😢
Old 10-02-2018, 09:12 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Im done with A Star..
both mine and my wifes boost have a toe cap material separation in the layers, causing a inward "bump" that makes the boot unwearable to to pressure it puts on toes... You end up with irritation and then blisters. A Star refuses to warranty the boots.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:12 AM
Back Marker

Aquasnake is on a distinguished road
OUCH!!!! I hope that's the worst of it, both you and the bike.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:15 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Wolverine
So, after years of wearing Astars gear, I never really tested it on ashault. That all changed yesterday at a track day. I’m very disappointed!

I’ll spare you guys the rash pic. 😢
Well that sucks,,, hope the RR is a at home boboo not a ER type
Old 10-02-2018, 02:27 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
I think of a stars & dainese like anything Italian. Mostly built for looks. (Not the people, I am Italian)
Like Girbaud jeans. Really cool looking & chicks dig them but will wear out like 100 times faster than levis.

I have raced 20yrs in Fieldsheers and teknic leathers. Many 100+mph crashes as well as every other speed. No major falures and still wearing them.

You get what you pay for is NOT true of moto gear. Unless you are paying to impress your friends with the name brand.
Old 10-02-2018, 05:34 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by smokinjoe73
I think of a stars & dainese like anything Italian. Mostly built for looks. (Not the people, I am Italian)
Like Girbaud jeans. Really cool looking & chicks dig them but will wear out like 100 times faster than levis.

I have raced 20yrs in Fieldsheers and teknic leathers. Many 100+mph crashes as well as every other speed. No major falures and still wearing them.

You get what you pay for is NOT true of moto gear. Unless you are paying to impress your friends with the name brand.
I'm listening, for reals. Wearing 30-40 pounds of leather gear I never thought this would happen. A few guys trackside mentioned they could have been a tad loose. I thought they fit good, but I had no previous 1st hand experience. 99.5% sure I won't buy AStars leathers to replace them.

Originally Posted by E.Marquez
Well that sucks,,, hope the RR is a at home boboo not a ER type
It is. My wife is a critical care RN. Ambulance crew wanted to take me but I said naaa. Nasty little patch of rash I must admit.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:10 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Wolverine
I'm listening, for reals. Wearing 30-40 pounds of leather gear I never thought this would happen. A few guys trackside mentioned they could have been a tad loose. I thought they fit good, but I had no previous 1st hand experience. 99.5% sure I won't buy AStars leathers to replace them.

It is. My wife is a critical care RN. Ambulance crew wanted to take me but I said naaa. Nasty little patch of rash I must admit.
Well thats good to hear..

The part that failed...am I seeing it right.. The flex accordion part just above the knee (red)?
Do you feel length was correct and your knee was in the center of the reinforced knee section (green)

I always figured the flex section was the weakest link in my leathers, but I did not foresee a failure like you had..
Did your knee & lower leg go to full flexion? (heel to butt)
Old 10-03-2018, 04:52 PM
MotoGP

Bike isn’t that bad.
Left boot
Sorry if this pic offends. Wanted to show the damage...
Originally Posted by E.Marquez
Well thats good to hear..

The part that failed...am I seeing it right.. The flex accordion part just above the knee (red)?
Do you feel length was correct and your knee was in the center of the reinforced knee section (green)

I always figured the flex section was the weakest link in my leathers, but I did not foresee a failure like you had..
Did your knee & lower leg go to full flexion? (heel to butt)
That is where it failed. I have to be honest, I got nailed from behind while riding with my left hand waving in the air. It was very unexpected and I have no memory of how I went down. I rolled and stuff! Lol.

Last edited by Wolverine; 10-03-2018 at 04:57 PM.
Old 10-03-2018, 04:54 PM
MotoGP

For the record, it was a zip together 2 pc pant/jacket combo. Gloves held up very well.