RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

$3 Gas...It must be Summer

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 08:17 PM
SuperSport

thetophatflash is an unknown quantity at this point
$3.85/ gal
Old 10-09-2012, 08:50 PM
SuperBike

autoteach is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by VTRsurfer
That is hugely ignorant and offensive, and just enforces Tweety's point about arrogant Americans.
Then you don't get satire. i didnt know that you were a
Old 10-09-2012, 09:39 PM
SuperBike

HRCA#1 is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=autoteach;343023]Then you don't get satire. i didnt know that you were a [/QUOTE

Well hell I didn't know you were an a..hole!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:22 PM
SuperBike

[QUOTE=HRCA#1;343026]
Originally Posted by autoteach
Then you don't get satire. i didnt know that you were a [/QUOTE

Well hell I didn't know you were an a..hole!
Well, I thought that was evident for one, and two...using satire doesn't make you an a-hole.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:42 AM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by General Maximus
Wow, I thought this thread was going to be about gas prices. . So get me your gas prices if you would. I will solve that world conflict lesson next week. Thanks guys.
I'm beginning to love this thread. It's become better then watching my favorite Canadiens/Boston hockey games.

136,9$/L this morning in my area. Varies alot from one area to another.
Within 15-20 min, you can see 10 to 12 cents diffence in pricing.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:14 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by blamecanada
hehe, telling us how arrogant we are while simultaneously filling a post with how we should change our ways and run our country differently.

lose the inferiority complex man, empires rise and fall...it doesn't matter that Sweden isn't a powerful nation, because the powerful nations change even in one human lifetime.
Well... If there was a "we" in there, you might have had a point... I was however talking to a single person, since I was under the impression that most other people around here had the common sense to see that the statement was arrogant, the way it was made... I can include you, if you like?

And, yes, you have a point about the changes... One of those would the way I see it be the US, which might not have a completely unchallenged top position anymore, with it's less than stellar economy... Ironic huh?

And as far as I see it, no I did not tell "you" how to run your country... I told you that the rest of the world would probably appreciate it if "you" would run your country as opposed to trying to run the world... Since that might be concieved as somewhat arrogant...

And I also said that most on this board while not sharing my views (why would they (you?)), are capable of discussing them in a civil manner, and I consider a lot of people here friends... I'm not offended by critizism about Sweden, as long as it has some merit behind it, I'm more than willing to discuss it...And Sweden never was, nor will be a "powerful country", even though some airhead aristocrate had the bright idea to go out and get himself a larger kingdom a couple of hundred years ago... He got shot, as far as the historicans have been able to figure out, by one of his own men for the bright idea of a prolonged little walkabout with no going home... I don't see that changing much, Sweden has enough problems of it's own without trying to build an empire...

But I will admit to being honestly surprised if you know as much about Sweden as I at least belive myself to know about the US, (altough I honestly admit to knowing far less than many here, having only lived in the US for seven months...) since it by nature is more probable that someone from a smaller country know more about what's going on in a larger country than the reverse...

Last edited by Tweety; 10-10-2012 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-10-2012, 02:28 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by autoteach
I actually took some time to learn Swedish just in case I travel there:
Swedish Chef - Meatballs - YouTube
That is hugely ignorant and offensive, and just enforces Tweety's point about arrogant Americans.

I have never been, nor will I ever be politically correct... So I don't expect others to be either... Offensive, nope... Ignorant, since I know autoteach knows it really reflects nothing about Sweden in thruth, nope... PC... Well, nope on that too...

I know that the post was made with more than a glint of humour, and in part just to stir the pot, the same way i do more than often... And even if I didn't know that, I still find "Swedish Chef" hilarious anways, so I I'm not offended...

BTW, for reference, there are actual Swedish words spoken, albeit the pronounciation is poor to the point that it takes some good will and imagination to dechipher it, and put together it makes for excellent gobbeli-gook...
Old 10-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Superstock
Superstock

davidka is on a distinguished road
Tweety, I am not an arrogant person. My statement about the president was not meant to be boastful, it's was just meant to justify the extreme measures the government goes to to protect him and transport him. He's in charge of the most powerful military in the world and the US is central in world policy. I still stand by it as a fact, even if it's a negative one for some.

I obviously hit a nerve with you and for that I'm sorry. I value your input on this board as I'm sure most do. I don't disagree that the US could do a better job of staying out of other country's business and concentrate on our internal issues, most Americans are not overjoyed about how things are now.

Sorry also for my part in derailing the thread.
Old 10-10-2012, 03:37 PM
Superstock

blamecanada is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Tweety
And, yes, you have a point about the changes... One of those would the way I see it be the US, which might not have a completely unchallenged top position anymore, with it's less than stellar economy... Ironic huh?
Yeah, and it's been going downhill since Reagan, with businesses and the elites buying up government influence to allow them to keep selling out the country by sending blue-collar jobs overseas in the name of "fair trade" and "free market" and with a bunch of Milton Friedman worshiping dolts out of Chicago backing them up with bogus theories.

Our economy has only looked like it was growing for the past 20 or so years because while there was money being made, it has moved steadily upward...to a very small percentage of people. If the GOP actually gets voted in, it will be a sign for me that people are either too stupid or too apathetic to ever do anything about this.

Either way we need a third party that isn't supported by big money.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:43 PM
MotoGP

And Tweety, as for Sweden not being a powerful nation, I beg to differ when it comes to Hockey.
Well, thats one area where just about anyone, from the US or elsewhere would know more than me... Any teamsport and I'm completely disintereted... I have met "Foppa" a number of times, and I lived in the same apartment block as Zlatan for a couple of years, but that's about as close I got to either sport...
Old 10-12-2012, 04:28 AM
SuperBike

autoteach, I'm certainly anything but a brown noser.......... And Tweety, as for Sweden not being a powerful nation, I beg to differ when it comes to Hockey.
well, you could do a better job of fooling me then.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:30 PM
SuperBike

Thumper is an unknown quantity at this point
$2.95 / gallon now at stations all over the place in Middle TN. Best enjoy while i can