RANT! Pissed off about something? Need to get it off your chest? Do it here.

$3 Gas...It must be Summer

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 01:11 AM
Superstock

blamecanada is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by VTRsurfer
And George Soros is not a member of the elite? As for special interests, we know how it went with Solyndra.

... and I'm done.
Yep, like I said...our only option sucks.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:57 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by blamecanada
We have one shitty option in this next election...to re-elect the same idiots who brought us bailouts, mortgage propping up, and the government buying GM.
There's a snot-load of other options! You can write in whoever you want, or there's also the option of not voting at all...
Old 10-04-2012, 06:58 AM
Superstock
Superstock

davidka is on a distinguished road
The Obama supporters are the ones who want a free lunch. I've paid income taxes for almost 50 years.

And Obama has done everything he can to suppress oil drilling, in order to advance his "green energy" programs... with solar panels and windmills that are made in China, and paid for with Stimulus money. 'Nuff said.

Wait a minute, I forgot that Obama gave Brasil $2,000,000,000 in Stimulus money (taxpayer money, not Obama cash) for oil production.

Offshore oil drilling, using modern less invasive techniques, Keystone, and ANWR... that's how much Obama has to do with raising gas/oil prices.
There is more drilling happening now than before. The reason it didn't happen before was because we could not extract oil for a price approaching foreign oil. Drilling here is not going to make it any cheaper, it's simply admitting that it's never going to be cheap again.

Obama is not offering a free lunch. When he won the last election his platform was that we'd have to do it together and it wouldn't be easy. Seems like lots of Americans want easy again. It's not going to happen.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:29 AM
aja
SuperSport

aja is on a distinguished road
Both parties are a wasted vote. Neither care about running the country to better the country, only to better their wallets and their friends wallets.

However, Romney will not get my vote simply because he promises to take away civil rights of individuals if elected. You can have your own moral and religious beliefs but you can not take away anyone's rights because you do not agree with what they do in their life.

Also, I don't see why anyone who makes less than $2.5 million a year would vote republican. Its unfortunate that people do support and vote for the republican candidate, yet these are the people the republicans care nothing about and want to take more of their money instead of taxing everyone equally.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:37 AM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
I'm north of the border, and live in an area where we have the most taxes in North America. I'm not saying anything about your presidential debat, that's all personal to you guys, however, I will take about gas prices. You guys are still lucky at 4$ + gas prices.

Left home this morning, and saw gas at 149,9/L If you do the math, it's 5,66$/G.
In Europe, it's often even worst then us, they're at 6$ +/G.

I know that no matter who's behind the wheel of our nice government, the officials who are there to look after our welfare, all love the taxes that come from higher gas prices. Helps pay for all those limo's
Old 10-04-2012, 09:44 AM
Squid

Gaggenau is on a distinguished road
$3 per gallon, over in the Uk is $8.6 per gallon......you don't have it that bad!!
Old 10-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Superstock

I don't expect you to change your political leanings VTRsurfer, but at least read this before you try to blame gas prices on the current administration:

Robert Reich (Why Republicans Aren't Mentioning the Real Cause of Rising Prices at the Gas Pump)
Old 10-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by aja
.......However, Romney will not get my vote simply because he promises to take away civil rights of individuals if elected.
What? You're in CA, home of Nancy Pelosi and Diane Feinstein right? I suppose you must be used to being screwed living where you do and apparently want more of it. You have NO rights in California except to pay higher taxes.

Last edited by RWhisen; 10-06-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:31 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
My gripe with the current US administration is that they have denied oil drilling in ANWR and offshore (many rigs left the Gulf of Mexico when Obama called a drilling moratorium after the spill), killed the Keystone pipeline, (which would have benefited both of our countries) and denied permits to build new refineries (the main reason gas prices are climbing so quickly in California).

While all this is going on, Obama is flying all over the country (and the World) in Air Force 1. His family's bill to the taxpayers last year was $1.4 Billion, for housing, staff and transportation (Barack and Michelle fly in 2 separate planes). He traveled in $2,000,000 dollar buses (made in Canada) earlier this year while campaigning in Ohio. No limos for him when he's away from DC.

Meanwhile the current administration wants us to ditch our gas burning transportation devices for cars with windmills or solar panels on the roof. Oh, and as for that visceral sound of your Superhawk... electric motorcycles don't make any sound.

Today, regular was $4.75/gal at the station that had it for $4.19 less than 3 weeks ago. And that will raise the price of everything.
Keep complaining guys... Last week around here it made the news when the gas price dropped down to $8.46 per gallon... Being the single lowest price since 1½ years ago when it actually hit $8.23 for nearly a week...
Old 10-06-2012, 05:39 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Just think guys, gas is at near record prices and price of barrel is "only" $90 or so. Last time gas prices were this high, the barrel was in the mid-hundreds. Just wait until the price of the barrel reaches those heights again....

Oh those poor gas companies.... hovering on the verge of bankruptcy.... jail all those f***kers, that's all they deserve for gouging us like this (of course, they are in cahoots with politicians who let it happen)......
Old 10-06-2012, 07:06 AM
Superstock
Superstock

My gripe with the current US administration is that they have denied oil drilling in ANWR and offshore (many rigs left the Gulf of Mexico when Obama called a drilling moratorium after the spill), killed the Keystone pipeline, (which would have benefited both of our countries) and denied permits to build new refineries (the main reason gas prices are climbing so quickly in California).

While all this is going on, Obama is flying all over the country (and the World) in Air Force 1. His family's bill to the taxpayers last year was $1.4 Billion, for housing, staff and transportation (Barack and Michelle fly in 2 separate planes). He traveled in $2,000,000 dollar buses (made in Canada) earlier this year while campaigning in Ohio. No limos for him when he's away from DC.

Meanwhile the current administration wants us to ditch our gas burning transportation devices for cars with windmills or solar panels on the roof. Oh, and as for that visceral sound of your Superhawk... electric motorcycles don't make any sound.

Today, regular was $4.75/gal at the station that had it for $4.19 less than 3 weeks ago. And that will raise the price of everything.
While I agree that it's tough to look at that kind of excess while we continue to squeeze our wallets, he is the most important man in the world. That kind of expense will always be part of the presidency and a president can never be put at risk, no matter what the public opinion is of them.

Nancy Pelosi asking to have a 757 at her disposal so she could fly home to Ca. non-stop? That's over the top. If her security needs are such that she can't fly commercial (they may be..) then she can move to where her job is, just like the rest of us.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:19 AM
Superstock

obviously not many people are clicking the link I posted.

high gasoline prices are due to unregulated oil futures speculation...if you want to have a chance at fixing it...don't vote in the party that is now the proxy of the speculators (GOP)
Old 10-06-2012, 04:44 PM
SuperBike

autoteach is on a distinguished road
Hey Blamecanada,
Why is food so expensive? Obama?
Old 10-06-2012, 06:10 PM
Superstock
Superstock

Originally Posted by autoteach
Hey Blamecanada,
Why is food so expensive? Obama?
Because it's grown/fed with petroleum derived fertilizer and delivered across long (longer than necessary) distances with large, fuel chugging trucks. Oil goes up = everything goes up.

Just about everything that isn't used as it was pulled out of the ground is made of oil
Old 10-06-2012, 07:12 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road

high gasoline prices are due to unregulated oil futures speculation...if you want to have a chance at fixing it...don't vote in the party that is now the proxy of the speculators (GOP)
FWIW, I tried your link this morning and it wasn't working. Anyhow, hard to imagine the good, honest speculators of the world are responsible. After all, they only have our common interest at heart...... pure, opportunistic parasites, nothing more.......
Old 10-06-2012, 08:27 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by davidka
Because it's grown/fed with petroleum derived fertilizer and delivered across long (longer than necessary) distances with large, fuel chugging trucks. Oil goes up = everything goes up.

Just about everything that isn't used as it was pulled out of the ground is made of oil
Unfortunately, it is because your food is traded as a commodity. I asked it because it was on topic with his current state of rage. Makes me mad just thinking of it.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:49 PM
SuperBike

How is it that the GOP is responsible for gasoline speculation and for that matter commodity trading? Are you saying that Democrats refrain from speculating in commodities?

That is about as narrow and naive a view as I think I have ever heard.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:03 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by RWhisen
How is it that the GOP is responsible for gasoline speculation and for that matter commodity trading? Are you saying that Democrats refrain from speculating in commodities?

That is about as narrow and naive a view as I think I have ever heard.
Put away the jump to conclusions mat. Boy, What I read was that he believes that they are largely in support of Wall Street, nothing more nothing less. Although, if I look at your quote just right I can see how the democrats invented space travel...
Old 10-06-2012, 09:26 PM
SuperBike

they have increased for as long as I have been alive. Ron Paul can tell you all about inflation.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:03 AM
Squid

jedrek750 is on a distinguished road
1,9$ per 1l in europe
Old 10-07-2012, 04:48 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by autoteach
Put away the jump to conclusions mat. Boy, What I read was that he believes that they are largely in support of Wall Street, nothing more nothing less. Although, if I look at your quote just right I can see how the democrats invented space travel...
Blamecanada certainly believes it to be the fault of the GOP otherwise why he he counsel against voting for them? The misinformation embraced by people amazes me.

FYI, JFK was President during the early days of space travel and challenged the country to go to the moon. While not "inventing" space travel he certainly influenced it to a great degree and the Democrats could take more credit for that than "inventing" the Internet as Al Gore would say.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:15 AM
SuperBike

HRCA#1 is on a distinguished road
Obama said it all, about 3 years ago... "energy prices will necessarily increase". It's all part of his plan. Again, get in line for your electric motorcycle.
I completely agree with both of your last postings!
Old 10-07-2012, 07:21 AM
Superstock

Originally Posted by RWhisen
Blamecanada certainly believes it to be the fault of the GOP otherwise why he he counsel against voting for them? The misinformation embraced by people amazes me.

FYI, JFK was President during the early days of space travel and challenged the country to go to the moon. While not "inventing" space travel he certainly influenced it to a great degree and the Democrats could take more credit for that than "inventing" the Internet as Al Gore would say.
No, I believe it is the fault of the speculators...and that the dems at least tried to do something about it with Dodd-Frank; so now instead of backing the dems the wall street parasites are backing the GOP.

I actually support the republican stated view of how government should be run...but the problem is they don't actually stand for anything, they're just a proxy for special interest groups and the mega-rich.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:23 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by aja
Both parties are a wasted vote. Neither care about running the country to better the country, only to better their wallets and their friends wallets.

However, Romney will not get my vote simply because he promises to take away civil rights of individuals if elected. You can have your own moral and religious beliefs but you can not take away anyone's rights because you do not agree with what they do in their life.

Also, I don't see why anyone who makes less than $2.5 million a year would vote republican. Its unfortunate that people do support and vote for the republican candidate, yet these are the people the republicans care nothing about and want to take more of their money instead of taxing everyone equally.

You are confused, it is Obama that will take away your rights not Romney.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:31 AM
Superstock

Originally Posted by HRCA#1
How can you know anything about what Romney will do? Again: the GOP is NOT currently a real party, with goals and values. They are just a proxy for special interests.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:21 AM
Superstock
Superstock

Examples of rights you'd lose under an indefinite Obama rule, listed in order of importance to you. Please indulge us. I'd love to see this..
Old 10-07-2012, 09:18 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
... he is the most important man in the world.
He's what? I can tell you that the rest of the world does indeed not think of him that way, and the way americans keep referencing him like this is probably a large part in why he needs protection... It's to use the plainest and least possible to misunderstand wording possible... ******* arrogant...

He's the head of state in the USA, ie one nation out of 206 recognized sovereign nations... So while he might be the most important man in the US, he's most definetly not the most important man in the world...
Old 10-07-2012, 11:00 AM
SuperBike

Examples of rights you'd lose under an indefinite Obama rule, listed in order of importance to you. Please indulge us. I'd love to see this..
Freedom of Religion just ask the Catholic Church

The Right to Bear Arms, what do you think Fast and Furious was about.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:19 AM
SuperSport

thetophatflash is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Tweety
He's what? I can tell you that the rest of the world does indeed not think of him that way, and the way americans keep referencing him like this is probably a large part in why he needs protection... It's to use the plainest and least possible to misunderstand wording possible... ******* arrogant...

He's the head of state in the USA, ie one nation out of 206 recognized sovereign nations... So while he might be the most important man in the US, he's most definetly not the most important man in the world...
Some forget that we are not the center of the universe.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:00 PM
Superstock
Superstock

Originally Posted by Tweety
Hate to break it to you but the US is the most powerful nation on the planet by a long margin. The US has the most powerful military again, by a long margin. His capture by an enemy government would be a security problem for several nations other than the US. By most measures, he is the most important man in the world.

Freedom of Religion just ask the Catholic Church

The Right to Bear Arms, what do you think Fast and Furious was about.
Ask the Catholic church what? The Catholic Church is fine and has never had it's religious rights threatened.

Obama's presidency has been the best thing for gun makers and owners in decades. I bet the NRA is supporting his campaign.

Quick Reply: $3 Gas...It must be Summer