Racing Topics related to MotoGP, AMA, WSB, TT, Etc.

Phillip Island rant

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 06:30 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Angry Phillip Island rant

Well... Marquez definitely messed up not coming in on time. That being said, having to come in by 10 laps and change bikes is ridiculous!! And a black flag for a penalty I bet he gets another point on his license to make him start at the back of the field in Japan. A**holes just wanted to tighten up the points. Very irritating but I'll still watch. Rant is over now.

After the race Marquez explained his team as a whole had believed completing lap 11 was permitted.

He stated, "The plan we had was not correct, we though that we could do that lap. We thought we could go into the pit at the end of lap 11. The problem was not with the pit board, that was fine, when I saw ‘Box’ I came in. Now we need to forget about it and just concentrate in Motegi."
Old 10-20-2013, 06:56 PM
Squid

Magnus is on a distinguished road
Very strange race, no question. Gotta feel bad for that seagull too! ;-)
Old 10-20-2013, 07:01 PM
MotoGP

True!
Old 10-20-2013, 09:41 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Ouch.... well at list the feathers didn't reduce much from the aerodynamics of the bike
Old 10-21-2013, 06:05 PM
Ditch Magnet
Squid

mput is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Wolverine
True!
Super chicken 3D.........kinda
Old 10-21-2013, 06:28 PM
SuperSport

1971allchaos is on a distinguished road
Repeating... Strange race.. It was like the idiots ruling NASCAR decided to spread the stupidity of confusing rules on to the motorcycle circuit...
Sorry I am not much of a Marquez fan , and to pull for a saw'd off dwarf riding a Honda,, ain't..

Last edited by 1971allchaos; 10-11-2023 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:43 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
I agree that the rules were odd, but they applied to everyone. They were also very clear so Marquez is a punk for yet another reason. I have watched him take many racers out needlessly after a pass.

Racing is dangerous enough without scummy moves that could injure or kill someone. Alot like Simoncelli used to be.

I have grown to like Pedrosa, showing alot of heart in the face of new and huge competition. He has never been a scraper but has diced with Mark who is one of the toughest out there. Good on him.
Old 10-22-2013, 12:31 AM
erno
Back Marker

erno is on a distinguished road
This was 10 laps at PI

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Last edited by Wolverine; 10-22-2013 at 01:30 AM. Reason: insert photo
Old 10-22-2013, 07:32 AM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Well... If he didn't get a point on his license for that, he would have gotten one for that dumb *** pit lane exit stunt... You move out of the way when you are exiting pit lane, period, no if's, no butts... Safety first, you for sure are not racing for position when someone is bearing down on you at full race pace at the end of a long straight...
Old 10-22-2013, 09:28 AM
MotoGP

He had no mirrors to see exactly where George was, and he was just trying to get up to speed as fast as possible. I don't see fault with that specific event, there is a lot of tarmac to share. The possibility of that happening was complained about before the race started by the riders. They knew it was a strong possibility and it happened. I'm not head over heals for Marquez...I just wanna see Honda win. And to give my .02, I think 99 rubbed him on purpose, kind of a payback for the contact made in earlier races.

I agree w/ the nascar comment by allchoas. Mandatory pit stops, pit lane speeding penalties??? They let the pit stuff determine the race(& maybe the championship), not the riders. Big thumbs down!
Old 10-22-2013, 07:38 PM
SuperSport

1971allchaos is on a distinguished road
Have to agree with Tweety,
SLOWER traffic ALWAYS moves to the outside of the track, or to the inside(ONLY when that vehicle is running a full race speed, and has become a obstacle to race traffic. (Watching replays) Marcusis looking over his shoulder-Knowing that those riders were right there, getting ready to pass him....
Yes admire Pedrosa, for he hasn't given up, Yet he has been the cause of his own team members crashes in the passed.
And the mention of Simoncelli- should be EVEN more reason for MotoGP to give the lad a one race suspension... AMA has suspended riders for unsafe riding...

Hey Wolfie, We All wanted a Honda to win.... Why didn't Honda get Rossi back???(my .02)

Last edited by 1971allchaos; 10-22-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:00 AM
MotoGP

He had no mirrors to see exactly where George was, and he was just trying to get up to speed as fast as possible. I don't see fault with that specific event, there is a lot of tarmac to share. The possibility of that happening was complained about before the race started by the riders. They knew it was a strong possibility and it happened. I'm not head over heals for Marquez...I just wanna see Honda win. And to give my .02, I think 99 rubbed him on purpose, kind of a payback for the contact made in earlier races.

I agree w/ the nascar comment by allchoas. Mandatory pit stops, pit lane speeding penalties??? They let the pit stuff determine the race(& maybe the championship), not the riders. Big thumbs down!
Pit lane speed limit has always been enforced 100% at all events before, and is a safety issue, so why should they not enforce it here all of a sudden?!

There are several people on the grid with enough points on their licences that one more and they are starting from the back, from speeding in pit lane, or missing the pit safety zone on entrance in both race, qualifying and practice... Obviously along with other things, but then at least 10 such penalties have been given out over the season...

Yeah, agree that extending the pit lane safety zone was an odd move, but apart from that the rules has been the same on that account for 5-6 seasons, and enforced the same really, with the only addition of the points on their license... So Pedrosa deserved his penalty, fair and square...

But then, I do think they should have gone for a ride through first, not a black flag initially on Marquez & Co that missed first grade math...
Old 10-23-2013, 02:07 AM
MotoGP

My whole point is...

I work around people who talk nascar...speeding on pit lane gets mentioned frequently...now the series I watch comes up with some BS mandatory pit stop, leaders speeding... see the connection? Probably not, makes me puke a little..

And now you think I say **** on safety rules? ****, this is gettin good!
Old 10-23-2013, 02:13 AM
MotoGP

Old 10-23-2013, 02:45 PM
Another OCMD victim...
Back Marker

Firestorm996 is on a distinguished road
No one will do any harm to Marquez as he and the whole rat-pack at DORNA are spanish and always will find a way to save his ***. There are enough critical voices, warning Marquez, but they wont get heared until something serious happens.
Actually there are reports, saying that Bridgestone DID request a pre race test at Phillip Island, but DORNA denied saying its too expensive. In the end all that is playing perfect for DORNA, they have more spectators, means more money in their pockets and thats the purpose, its just a business. Sad but fact. Dorna
Here is what they say about MotoGP: MotoGP™ is the pinnacle of motorcycle racing and Dorna’s star product. Its a PRODUCT, they dont give a damn about riders safety, they want spectacle and Marquez is bringing exactly that.

Last edited by Firestorm996; 10-23-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:20 AM
MotoGP

My whole point is...

I work around people who talk nascar...speeding on pit lane gets mentioned frequently...now the series I watch comes up with some BS mandatory pit stop, leaders speeding... see the connection? Probably not, makes me puke a little..

And now you think I say **** on safety rules? ****, this is gettin good!
Oh, don't get all twisted... I never said you pissed on any safety rules...

What I said was this was nowhere near the first points, or on track penalties for speeding on pit lane doled out through the season... It's less frequent than nascrap I guess, but it still happens, and are still enforced... Just this time it got camera time because it was danped doing it... I don't think he should get special treatment, do you?

Yeah, I disliked the mandatory pit stop, but it was actually a rule in place that didn't mandate the track/organizers to make the track available for the tire manufacturers with a new surface that was the root cause...... Which looks like it will be amended now... It was this or cancel the race, apparently...