Racing Topics related to MotoGP, AMA, WSB, TT, Etc.

COTA

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 06:22 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
COTA

Come on Erik, I know you have some good pics to share....

Did you see him almost dump it on the last turn? Excellent start BTW I loved it!
Old 04-13-2014, 07:07 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Wolverine

Did you see him almost dump it on the last turn? Excellent start BTW I loved it!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++I have few pics of races,,,, Im not a photog and Iphone pics don't do them justice..

I was at turn 19 when Alex went down,,, sad, last lap and he just pushed too hard.

I was in turn 15 seats for Moto2...

Decided to sit with friends in the grass at turn 19 for the GP... Saw some nice racing from there and a few get offs.. But Marcs near miss was after turn 19, so we only saw it in distant view.

The Paddock was full of wonderful sights and some nice bikes.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:27 PM
SuperSport

jscobey is on a distinguished road
You know Yamaha is losing it when Ducati beats both yammy riders to the podium. Meanwhile Honda takes 1st and 2nd. No surprise there.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:31 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

Originally Posted by jscobey
You know Yamaha is losing it when Ducati beats both yammy riders to the podium. Meanwhile Honda takes 1st and 2nd. No surprise there.
Yam could have had a podium finish had their best rider not jumped the start.
That had nothing to do with Duc being better bikes, or the Yamaha being slower, it had everything to to with a rider that simply made a mistake.. Same as in Qatar where Rossi crashed in the first lap on cold tires.

Make no mistake he is a great rider... and will comeback to give Marquez a run... but will FAIL all the same..
Old 04-13-2014, 08:21 PM
SuperSport

i never meant to say that yamaha has bad riders. in my opinion Rossi is still the king. **** he took 2nd at Qatar and hes how much older than Marquez??

what im saying is Lorenzo made a mistake in Qatar by crashing on the first lap. now he jumps the start, by ALOT! did you hear his excuse? he opened his helmet cuz of mosquitos and that confused him.... he hasnt been off to a good start and if you dont get ahead of the pack in points after the first few races, its very hard to play catch up the whole season.

i still couldnt believe Dovi took 3rd on the Duc. i havnt seen a duc podium in a while
Old 04-13-2014, 09:53 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
I love this forum, but does no one know how to post "SPOILER ALERT"?

Seems to be common courtesy on every other forum on the planet.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:40 PM
MotoGP

I would suggest staying away from threads whose subject is a recent race if you don't want to know who won. After a race, we're going to chat about it in the racing section. I didn't plan to "spoil" it so why would I have posted "spoil alert" in my title? Sorry to bust *****, but you clicked in COTA right after a race, you had to expect discussion about just that.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:41 PM
MotoGP

And BTW, what did ya think of that start?

Old 04-14-2014, 04:21 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

And BTW, what did ya think of that start?

Im pretty sure one of these things is not like the other
Old 04-14-2014, 04:31 PM
SuperSport

nnjhawk02 is an unknown quantity at this point
I stayed away from the COTA post until I watched the GP.

Watching Moto 2 now - And as usual they're better races to watch.

******* Herrin - I'm thinking he was TRYING way too hard to make a good result on home turf.

GP race was a snooze fest.

Does anyone remember someone blowing a start as bad as Jorge? Cause I don't.

Moto 3 up later
Old 04-14-2014, 04:40 PM
MotoGP

Nope, I don't.
Never on the starting grid but I think it had to be a little difficult to watch and hear him fly past without pulling the trigger myself.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:38 PM
Squid

konigralph is on a distinguished road

I saw him almost lose it, I love it. These guys just have a natural instinct for riding its insane.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:03 PM
Squid

Tofazfou is on a distinguished road
Was at the race with my family. The 12th was my Birthday and Anniversary. What a day or shall i say weekend. Well, im a TRUE Rossi fan and things did not go our way. But like they say, its the beginning of the season and i can garauntee, "MARQUEEN" won't win them all. he is off to a great start for sure and Lorenzo is off to the worst EVER in his career. Rossi seems to be on the comeback and in Qatar he showed he can hang and pass MARQUEEN. Some other racers are in contention too. So, the season will at least be somewhat interesting as more riders seem to be in the race for contention.

We will see what happens when the last race or so is aired.

Regardless of the outcome, the COTA 2014 was friggen awesome and my 6 years old and wife had the time of there lives.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ROSSI!
Old 04-17-2014, 07:16 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Tofazfou
i can guarantee, "MARQUEEN" won't win them all.
Not a Marquez fan... but I pull for Honda (Nicky fan), I really don't think you can make that guarantee, he's that good. IF he stays healthy I think he rewrites the record books.

Good to hear you had a awesome time.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:26 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

What specifically is the dislike of Moto GPs Champion last year, and so far the best rider this year about?

Did he have his way with your family pet?

Did he make your favorite GP rider look as if he was a local club racer standing in?

Is it because he is so good, so young? You feel he needs to be a back of the pack follower a few years before he has the right to be the fastest man in the GP?

(If Im reading this wrong, and it's just you're rooting for The Doctor, Bradl, Dovizioso or any other rider,,, that I understand ... and disregard)

Last edited by E.Marquez; 04-17-2014 at 07:43 PM.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:24 PM
MotoGP

I personally don't dislike him, I think he's one hell of a rider. He's not my fav though, Nicky is. Gotta route for the red, white and blue!
Old 04-17-2014, 08:43 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

I personally don't dislike him, I think he's one hell of a rider. He's not my fav though, Nicky is. Gotta route for the red, white and blue!
Ahh, ok I get that.... thanks...

I have always pulled for Colin Edwards, was sad to hear him call it at COTA...
Old 04-18-2014, 10:01 PM
Squid

Tofazfou is on a distinguished road
NEVER said i DISLIKE Marquez. I give credit were credit is do. And i did. he is a GREAT rider. The difference between him and the others is that he cares less about crashing and pushes that bike to the MAX and he crashes or at least LOSSES it a few times. The older riders like Rossi and Edwards don't PUSH like i know they can or they used to. I actually watched their older races and those guys would trade paint like nobodies business. They would push to the limit. A prime example of this is when last year, LORENZO discovered that you have to have ***** to ride with Marquez. When he discovered that, they went tit for tat sorta with Marquez. the season got interesting. Lorenzo improved against Marquez cause he found out....you have to be aggressive and not give a crap to keep up with the champ. But these are just my views on what i see happening. This is why Marquez almost always STARTS TO CRASH. he is at the absolute limit and the other riders are too conservative. Especially Colin Edwards who is my boy. i love him. But i can be honest, he is too old to push it too the limit to keep with the young heads. i too am more conservative on my bike now cause i have a 6 year old. It happens with age.

E Marquez....when did he become your FAVORITE? Seriously? Let me guess.........LAST YEAR when he won the championship? Or is it because you guys have the same last name?.......lol (just ribbing you like you so graciously jumped on me). And Marquez is NOT my favorite due to the fact that my heart goes out to Rossi. I'm a true fan and not a bandwagoneer. Living here in California has made me sensitive to bandwagon fans....that's all......lol! People out here LOVE whoever is the current champ.......

Last edited by Tofazfou; 04-18-2014 at 10:15 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:14 PM
SuperSport

I am a fan of marquez. To be that young, riding at that pace, on the level of MotoGP is a huge accomplishment. Not to mention taking the crown your rookie season. He's a VERY talented rider. I'm actually a big fan of Pedrosa and it's a shame he's had such rotten luck in a lot of season. Not saying that luck determines anything but he's had his share of crappy cards dealt. Plus he's riding a Honda. I'm a Colin Edwards fan too and always admired him from the days of super bike racing. Amazing he's still in GP at 40. I think it should be a really interesting season with Lorenzo off to such a horrible start. It's so difficult to play catch up if you don't get your A game on from race 1. I think there's 4 or 5 that could potentially be contenders for the crown but if this year is anything like last, then my money is on Marquez. You can't argue with talent and equally as important, consistancy. Lap after lap, race after race Marc holds his pace and rarely makes mistakes. Not saying I wouldn't like to see rossi win another crown before calling it quites tho.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:50 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Tofazfou
E Marquez....when did he become your FAVORITE? Seriously? Let me guess.........LAST YEAR when he won the championship? ..
I have been following him since he came on the scene hard in 2010.... I would have followed his career before that but I never knew of him..

So no, you're mistaken, not a fanboy post GP championship last year
But I understand your frustration with ...what did you call them.. "Bandwagon Fans"
Of course the name lured me in ... but it was his actions, his potential that hooked me.

I am a FAN, because he is young, fast, talented and has been since the day he put a leg over a Moto3 bike.

I am a fan of his because I see in him what I only saw in other great racers later in their career.

Im a fan of his, because at the advanced age of 48 he will be the first rider I have followed from Pre GP days through what I hope is a long and successful career.

I was curious about others dislike, malcontent, what ever word you want to use after reading derogatory comments like "MARQUEEN" with no reasoning to support why.. Like he makes others crash.. he talks crap in post interviews about other riders, he refuse to interact with his fans.. something, anything.

Truth is.. there is not a rider I'm not a fan of.. they all do shing I can only dream of .. riding... racing for a living..

I was saddened to hear Colin toss in the towel, even knowing full well it was coming soon. I work with a fellow MSF rider coach that works out at Colin Edwards' Texas Tornado Boot Camp.. Hearing about him a lot, watching him ride for years now.... how can I not be a fan of his as well.

Last edited by E.Marquez; 04-19-2014 at 06:23 AM.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:55 AM
SuperSport

nnjhawk02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Well since we've turned this into GP thread, my .02

Dani "I perform in midget XXX movies in the offseason" Pedrosa - **** him - still mad he tried to end Nicky's '06 title run season. Plus the BS him & his manager were pulling a few seasons back. Shut ur midget boca & just ride. I kind of like that M2 is spanking him.

Name:  PedrosaBFer.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  61.7 KB

But I hear Dubya thinks he's # 1
Name:  bushbird4lh.gif
Views: 33
Size:  772.7 KB

I root for the Americans & Jorge, I was never a Rossi fan, when he was winning, but I do like him now - I guess I like underdogs & not one particular guy dominating.

Nicky needs to follow Colin & retire, we need more younger American riders to get up to the GP level.