Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Which fork and tube mod? Mine take a beating.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 03:24 AM
Superstock

RedStormJ is on a distinguished road
Which fork and tube mod? Mine take a beating.

I dont wheelie too often per se but the front end does come smashing down at 80 a lot. Basically the bike goes airborne every ride or two. Hence another reason why I am making it lighter.
Is there a big piston fork that isnt too heavy with some heavy duty seals I should use? Id go the same weight even a bit heavier as long as I can fit the setup on my bike. I know what fits and for now I am leaning towards a 1000rr front end but I know that will have the same issue or worse as the rr is lighter. Shes not leaking yet but I got a bulged dust cover so I am sure shes about to blow and wanted to order the front end soon.

also after getting the pipes. would I be able to make a lighter stronger milled titanium lower tripple clamp or should I stick with a factory unit. I can mill metal now but still no welder in sight...