Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications

Aftermarket Exhaust Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 08:37 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NakedOne
I'm having the same questions. I'm looking at getting into a nice sounding exhaust without paying up the a** for it. Anyone with experience with the delkevic cans? I was also looking at the D&D. Wow so confusing.....I had an M4 on my SV and it sounded awsome and now again I have to chose. Help!!!!!
i got an idea. Try them and give us your feedback and then you be our new heewoe foever.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:47 PM
Squid

NakedOne is on a distinguished road
That may be the best bet. I'm located in Colorado, which is where the delkevic cans are made.......hmmmmmm maybe?????
Old 03-14-2010, 01:52 AM
jonesey
Squid

jonesey is on a distinguished road
I've just fitted a full Ti Moriwaki system to mine, with high level zeroes- I don't think you can do any better.
I am over the moon with them, the fit build quality and sound are all spot on.
It has also given the bike a completely clean spread of power from bottom to top of rev range. Outstanding stuff, if difficult to come by.
Chris.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:18 AM
jonesey
Squid

jonesey is on a distinguished road
I've just fitted a full Ti Moriwaki system to mine, with high level zeroes- I don't think you can do any better.
I am over the moon with them, the fit build quality and sound are all spot on.
It has also given the bike a completely clean spread of power from bottom to top of rev range. Outstanding stuff, if difficult to come by.
Chris.
Old 03-14-2010, 10:02 AM
MotoGP

That may be the best bet. I'm located in Colorado, which is where the delkevic cans are made.......hmmmmmm maybe?????
well, it's settled then. Let's do it...............

Colorado. From my trucking experiences, I had the inkling to do the rockies south to north and back on my bike during a summer. Did you ever take the time to travel up and down the rockies?
Old 03-14-2010, 06:48 PM
Squid

Not yet, but this is my first comfortable bike, My SH is converted to a naked. I'm planning on doing some more riding this summer and mostly in the mountains. Good riding there!!! I want to get a good sounding exhaust so all the other mountain drivers will hear me. So the delkevic may win due to the fact that I just got the bike and don't have a lot to spend.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:45 PM
MotoGP

Not yet, but this is my first comfortable bike, My SH is converted to a naked. I'm planning on doing some more riding this summer and mostly in the mountains. Good riding there!!! I want to get a good sounding exhaust so all the other mountain drivers will hear me. So the delkevic may win due to the fact that I just got the bike and don't have a lot to spend.
If you don't have the bucks, why don't you do a partial or full bafflectomy? Sounds great and runs better for nothing but an hour's work>
Old 03-15-2010, 01:33 PM
Squid

I have read that doing that mod was not a good idea, is there any truth to that?
Old 03-15-2010, 04:45 PM
MotoGP

I have read that doing that mod was not a good idea, is there any truth to that?
I'm assuming you're referring to a bafflectomy. This mod would be no different than putting aftermarket cans on. Both may cause poorer performance. We need to know if there is anything done to your needles, air mixture, TPS, airbox, PAIRS, etc., to be able to tell you what to expect from slip-ons or a bafflecomy relative to performance. Now, if you don't know what has or hasn't been done to your fuel/air/filter/pollution, then you can start doing the bafflectomy in stages and monitor how it runs and how the plugs look as you decrease the exhaust restriction. Maybe you'll get to the sound you're looking for before any negative effects present themselves.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:28 PM
Squid

I dont know if I want to attempt to do the bafflectomy due to my lack of knowledge and willingness to mess things up. Wow this sucks
Old 03-15-2010, 09:13 PM
MotoGP

I dont know if I want to attempt to do the bafflectomy due to my lack of knowledge and willingness to mess things up. Wow this sucks
yeah if you're not comfortable tearing into the carbs,etc. you may want to see if there's someone on the forum that lives nearby to give you some help. It's not hard if you a little mechanically adept and can follow the Honda shop manual.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:22 PM
Squid

well im thinking that I will give the Delkevic cans a try. if they are a good buy then I will post the results. I have had good exhausts on past bikes so I will test them. Looks like that is a good option for me, at this point anyway.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:30 PM
SuperSport

ranchomice is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by stebbdt

That says CBR1100X !
Old 03-16-2010, 04:07 AM
MotoGP

well im thinking that I will give the Delkevic cans a try. if they are a good buy then I will post the results. I have had good exhausts on past bikes so I will test them. Looks like that is a good option for me, at this point anyway.
how far are they from you in colo? Maybe you can visit them and give us a report on your observations and pick up your slip-ons personally. Tell them that there are other hungry superhawkers interested in their slip-ons if they work out for you and if they could give you a set for testing.hahaha. Might be a good idea to make sure everything is going to fit alright too.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:01 AM
Back Marker

runrowdy is on a distinguished road
Don't be skeerd

I did the bafflectomy 2 weeks after I got my Hawk, June 1998. I have never regreted doing it. Never down on power and the stock cans look pretty good. It sounds great to me and I have had positive coments on the sound. Tried different tweeks on the carbs over the years but always returned to stock. Still runs great 12 years later! I spent the $$ for new cans on comfort mods. A simple search on the term "bafflectomy" will get you lots of advice.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:55 PM
Squid

I wish i could test a set out for them with out having to pay for it!!!
Yea right, oh well i think i will contact them since im local and see what happens!
Old 06-20-2010, 12:46 PM
Superstock

pwshadow is on a distinguished road
I am also new to this forum but i followed the instructions in the DIY performance section on how to do a bafflectomy. I will tell you this you will NOT be sorry. It was super easy to do and the sound improvement was AMAZING. It is by far the best sounding bike i've ever heard with the exception of other vtrs.
Old 09-13-2016, 06:59 PM
SuperBike

finepooch is on a distinguished road
old thread back to life

i picked up another hawk a few weeks ago. oem mufflers. kinda thinking about slip ons. saw the delkevic today. they were on a used vfr at a bike shop. i thought they looked pretty darn good. the tig welding is very well done. i looked down the center core and the perforated tube has some bends, or indents that kind of stick into the exhaust flow a little bit. unfortunately i did not get to hear the bike.
Old 09-16-2016, 06:06 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
The pair I saw a little while back really impressed me with their quality. They're very well made and look beautiful-about as nice quality-wise as most anything else I've seen.
Old 09-18-2016, 12:48 AM
erno
Back Marker

erno is on a distinguished road
Dans are cheap and sound tuff....