Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and DIY cosmetic modifications

BEWARE *FAKE CARBON FIBER*

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 04:04 AM
Superstock

hondavtr1000sp2 is on a distinguished road
BEWARE *FAKE CARBON FIBER*

Hi all, just wanted to give every one the heads up on a ebay site selling fake carbon fiber. The company is ECC RACING, ECC COMPOSITE CO.,LTD, EAST CARBON.
While looking on ebay i came across there site, nice looking stuff, but low prices, the low prices made me a little suspicious, but i thought i would give them a try & ordered a part. So the part arrived fairly quickly, when i opened the box & took the part out it looked fairly good, light weight, glossy carbon look. But on closer inspection there is only 1 layer of carbon fiber ( & this 1 layer may be fake carbon as well, when i say fake i don't mean the sticker fake i mean maybe dyed black fiber glass or equivalent.) the rest is white fiber glass underneath that they have painted black. So if you are after a 100% real carbon fiber part don't buy from them. On the other hand if you are after a low price part they are probably worth a look. I ordered my part under the suspicion it would be fake so i wasn't too disappointed to discover it is fake. It may have 1 top layer of real carbon fiber that does look good. I hope i have covered every thing.

http://stores.ebay.com/eccracing
Old 07-04-2010, 06:09 AM
Superstock

doomcookie is on a distinguished road
It's from hong kong china. should have told you right there.. they are well known for fake stuff.. fake iphone i guess fake any phone you want..
Old 07-04-2010, 07:02 AM
SuperBike

finepooch is on a distinguished road
i have ducati performance, shift tech, and bestem on my 1098. the dp stuff is not worth the money. shift tech is still pricey but at least you get the best quality. bestem is cheap and may be fiberglass, but it looks good.

i did not realize cf is available for the superhawk.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:20 AM
Back Marker

kj4kym is on a distinguished road
looked at that ebay site and i didnt see any sh parts on there, about the only place i have found sh or "vtr1000" parts that are carbon fiber are here
http://www.geelongcarboncraft.com.au...&sort=featured
Old 07-05-2010, 01:00 AM
Superstock

hondavtr1000sp2 is on a distinguished road
They are not selling parts for the Superhawk/Firestorm. I started this thread as i know people here also have other types of bikes & also have family/friends with other types of bikes. I don't mind if a moderator wants to move this else wear, just thought it would get seen in Modifications - Cosmetic.