Knowledge Base Feedback, Questions on Knowledge Base articles.

Fuel Valve Hoses - Pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 08:02 PM
Back Marker

Badboy01 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by residentg
Photos of the fuel valve before taking off the tank. Note the hoses, and in particular that NO hose is attached to the bottom post. This is the correct hose configuration. The valve is in the ON position.

Front

Rear
Re-posting this thread for all you newbies! I just completed re-painting my tank and fairing, and thought I was a smart *** so I labeled all the hoses and connections. Put every thing back together after a long day and decided to crank her up! She ran for a minute than died. So I thought, must have gotten some water in the tank, let me run and fill a gas can to perk her up with some new fuel. Hit the starter again, and she just moaned and died. So at this point, I'm cussing and finally thinking, let me go to the good old PVLIR thread and check my connections. DAMN, vacuum hose up front, and wrong hose in back port. Saved again by this wonderful thread. If you are having engine stutter, backfires, she won't crank, etc. Check out this thread!
Old 06-21-2015, 09:11 AM
Squid

gti52 is on a distinguished road
This post just saved me! I have spent the last ten days trying to get mt bike to run and stumbled upon this thread. I moved the vacuum hose from the bottom to the rear and it fires right up! I still need to do some tuning, but at least it runs now. The moderators should consider making this a sticky.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:09 AM
Squid

Stratplayer10 is on a distinguished road
Draining the tank. Again....

Sorry to be a pain, but I have drain the tank on my vtr1000 after it has been laid up for many years. I can't get it to go and I think maybe the fuel has to be drained and refilled with new. Basic question.. what's the best and easy way to do it? I am also conscious that old fuel is in the float chamber so I need to empty the lot. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:57 AM
SuperBike

xeris is on a distinguished road
Take the tank off and pour the gas out through the filler cap. Or if you haven't already replace the internal fuel filter. You can get the gas out from that point, but it will get on the foam. To be avoided.
The filter will be swollen and won't come out easy.

The third sticky is about fuel valves.

Last edited by xeris; 04-21-2017 at 07:02 AM. Reason: addition
Old 07-27-2020, 09:52 AM
Squid

Michael Semick is on a distinguished road
Hey Guys! This thread has been very helpful --- thanks!
I've been having some problems with my bike and first thought it was a main jet problem. My bike runs beautifully on side roads around town <40mph. About a mile after hopping on the freeway it'll sputter and loose power. I could slow/downshift, get off the freeway and the she runs perfect again. I rejetted the carbs and now am STILL having this problem. After reading all this thinking it may be the petcock?
Old 06-17-2021, 04:37 PM
Squid

82AA is on a distinguished road
Thank you!

Originally Posted by residentg
Photos of the fuel valve before taking off the tank. Note the hoses, and in particular that NO hose is attached to the bottom post. This is the correct hose configuration. The valve is in the ON position.

Front
Attachment 27568

Rear
Attachment 27569
11 years later and you just brought my bike back with this simple picture. Thank you!