Group Rides Get together with fellow riders...

TX ,Oklahoma , Arkansas and Missouri riders- Ozark Trip ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 07:20 AM
Back Marker

Rollingalong
TX ,Oklahoma , Arkansas and Missouri riders- Ozark Trip ?

I live in Oklahoma , not much of an organizer but would like maybe for some of us Super Hawk guys to get together for a ride through the Ozarks .

I see Superbling and dynamite996 lives in TX but don't know where some of the other members are from .

Is anyone up to a 2-4 day trip to the Western Ozarks in Arkansas in the coming months after it warms a little ?
Old 02-05-2005, 06:23 AM
Back Marker

Rollingalong
Re: TX ,Oklahoma , Arkansas and Missouri riders- Ozark Trip

Fond memories of Arkansas and a full lifetime of going to my home away from home .

My first trip in 1972 was on a modified KE175 back when I was 14 or 15. I had a road race rotary valve , Bassani Chamber n more . Road over there and stayed 6 nights . Took a sleeping bag , can opener and spoon surviving on Spam and Pork and beans . Toothbrush in rear Levi pocket . Spent around 30 bucks that trip and drove a little over 2k miles . Ran over a quart of oil through the injector pump and fragged the trials tires .

It was raining hard the day I came home I'll never forget , great for cooling the two stroke though . I set the injector pump to blow more oil into the motor , sat the speedo on 90mph and came home on Interstate

Gas was 25 cent a gallon . The good ole days .... 70 bikes later they are still here !

Lets ride!
Old 02-05-2005, 11:15 AM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by pmoss1906";p=&quot
I'm already here......... Right in the middle of the Ozarks.....Think I may have ridden with Superbling last year.... Didn't you guys come up from Texas for a few days?????
Hey, this must be pat moss, huh? You got a SuperHawk now? Here's a pic I shot of his tricked out VFR while we were waiting for a ferry ride near the Missouri/Arkansas border.

http://tinyurl.com/57avx

I really loved that road just before this stop. Quiet! You know which one I mean.... We went again about six months later with the Two Wheeled Texans http://www.twtex.com/ and stayed in Eureka Springs.

I can't go this year as we're taking a family vacation to England and maybe some of Europe and with the pathetic exchange rate.......

I strongly suggest for anyone to tag along with riders who know the roads. You'll be guaranteed to hit the real good ones and not waste a lot of time looking. The dragon/smokies and california get all the "press" but these roads are just as good with very little traffic and lower costs.
Old 02-11-2005, 05:21 AM
Back Marker

Rollingalong

Well I have the sudden urge to ride . I'm heading up to southern Missouri in a few minutes . I should be drinking a cold beer in Mena by dusk unless I stay around Paris too long :P

Have a good weekend
Old 02-16-2005, 07:19 PM
Squid

spacemonkey

I would be down for a ride I maybe too far off im in salina kansas right in the middle all my friends no longer have motorcycles anymore and my wife had her tail bone removed a few mos. back so she will not be riding her bike on long trips any time soon so i'm looking for some new people to ride with. when are you planing the trip
Old 02-19-2005, 07:49 AM
Back Marker

Rollingalong

Hey the ride was good . Did not make it to Missouri though , took a different route and caught patchy drizzle Saturday coming back .

Spacemonkey , keep in touch . Sometimes I ride over every weekend in the month . Depends on whats going on around here but generally once per month at least from April through November each year .

Lately " last year " a bunch of us have been camping near a river south of Cass on HWY 23 . Ride all day and come back and cook over the fire and or the Coleman
Old 02-19-2005, 08:12 AM
Squid

spacemonkey

that sounds like alot of fun. as i said before most of my friends sold their bikes and after i traded my harley for my superhawk the harley guys don't want me to ride with them [ i guess nice shiney red plastic will drown out all that chrome] lol anyway I'll keep in touch sounds like fun. I always have more fun when i ride with a couple of friends
Old 03-10-2005, 07:12 AM
Back Marker

Rollingalong

Last trip was on my Son's ZX . The next trip who knows what I'll ride but time is near .

Whats you schedule for the weekend ?
Old 04-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Squid

amazin is on a distinguished road
any of you guys still around? I tried to use the member locator but it doesnt seem to work for me. Plus this is one old *** thread.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:46 AM
Squid
Squid

Dnagmour is on a distinguished road
Right here in Springfield MO brother
Old 04-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Squid

amazin is on a distinguished road
cool. Do you frequent www.swmosportbikes.com ? Get ahold of me if you ever want to go on a group ride. I will also let you know when we go on rides. Glad Im not the only one on a hawk around here
Old 04-06-2010, 03:17 PM
Squid
Squid

I've been to that site a time or two. Definitely keep me posted. I'd been out of riding for 13 years! I'm back with a vengence. Love these bikes and love to ride.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:25 PM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
I took a trip through that area yesterday on the 1098. It was pretty sweet, way better than anything we have in Indiana! Here was my route:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,0.181103&z=13
Old 04-06-2010, 04:34 PM
Squid
Squid

Nice. Thats a good ride. PM'd you another fun ride but it's also south into AR. Let me know if you need anything else.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:59 PM
Superstock

102dals is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone from AR, OK, or MO still out there?
Old 03-17-2016, 03:15 PM
That one guy
Back Marker

Meier Link is on a distinguished road
This guy. Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.
Old 03-18-2016, 03:13 AM
Superstock

archaicguy is on a distinguished road
St. Louis area here