General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Thank god for my cdl license and a friendly attitude to cops

Old 01-20-2006, 07:46 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank god for my cdl license and a friendly attitude to cops

I was late to class the other day on frankenhawk so I was in alittle rush. I still haven't put my mirrors back on yet from my last trackday and I'm going up again on sun and mon so I left them off. I came to a stop light and what do I see but red and blue lights reflecting in the tailgate of the truck in front of me! "*****!!" I said in my helmet, I'm not one to run from cops it's just too dangerous so I pulled into a parking lot. He looked at me and said, " just what the hell do you think you were doing back there!!" "I'm sorry officer, late for class sir usually keep those speeds to the track sir....yada..yada...yada." "I clocked you at 125mph are you f'n crazy son I ride everyday but not like that!" "So sorry sir here's my license and I must have left my registration card in my other jacket again I'm sooo sorry." "You know I could haul your *** to jail for those kind of speeds?" "Yes sir again I apologize sir." "Well since you've got a cdl license, your tag is displayed correctly and you didn't run, I'm giving you a $7.50 ticket for not having your reg with you, non moving violation with no points." More *** kissing and apologies and on my way to school. Can you believe that ****? I about had a heart attack from it.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:18 AM
SuperSport

Loco
At least he didn't open his car door into you.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:14 AM
SuperSport

AZZKIKER is an unknown quantity at this point
Lucky you.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:01 AM
SuperSport

NOrrTH is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Thank god for my cdl license and a friendly attitude to

I'm a great fan of sucking up to the cops. Getting let off for doing 125 is amazing though.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:05 AM
Back Marker

thegreep

That's a good one! I once got pulled over (When I was about 19) for racing. I was doing 83 in a 35 and got off with a 5 mile-over ticket, but I think you beat me.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:53 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Loco";p=&quot
At least he didn't open his car door into you.

Originally Posted by AZZKIKER";p=&quot
Lucky you.
Yeah it's the only good luck i've had with the bike inthe last couple of days. The other night getting ready for the track I was taking off the wheels and didn't like how it was sitting. Instead of lowering it and reposistioning, I decided to just loosen one side to fix it. You guessed it slam right onto the jack and put a 6 inch crack in the fairing. Then after getting everthing set I took it for a test ride, everything was good so I went to turn around doing about 2 mph. Well I live where there are lots of dirt roads while turning hit a huge pile of soft sand on pavement and my stubby 30' legs couldn't keep her up. Slam into the ground broke my toe part of the shift lever, bent my foot peg and scrtched the other fairing!! AARRGG!! Anyone know how much Harris charges for foot pegs? That's not the end though after putting frankenhawk in the trailer which I use a lot we tested the lights and they're all f'd up shorted wire in the harness and a bad ground. Gotta otherwise I'll .

Originally Posted by thegreep";p=&quot
That's a good one! I once got pulled over (When I was about 19) for racing. I was doing 83 in a 35 and got off with a 5 mile-over ticket, but I think you beat me.
You know I felt like a dumb 19 year old because like I told the cop I DO ussually keep those kind of speeds to the track.
Old 01-20-2006, 05:41 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road

I don't think I would go to the track on Sun and Mon, maybe someone is tring to tell you something....??? ah what do I know....

Way to go with the ticket thing though...I will kiss *** as much as I have to when faced with fines and points.....
Old 01-21-2006, 01:23 AM
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point

the only break I ever got was from a cop who rode. he caught me doing 60 in a 40 on some really nice clean s turns on my way to work, after he pulled me over, he admitted that he knew how temping that stretch or road could be. (illinois doesn't have alot of curves) we chatted for a while, and off he went. not like the swine that ticketed me for doing 50 on a 45 going in a straight line. of course, that one didn't ride.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:48 AM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road

I think I may have been even luckier when I had my first 98. I was returning from my favorite local loop (130 miles) and the last leg has several long straights on rural roads.

About 20 miles out, I came through a very small town. I went through the gears pretty hard upon the outskirts of town with my staintunes singing and settled on a 90mph cruise. About 7 miles later, I came to the last stop on the route. It's a deserted 4 way in the middle of farm lands with a long straight laid out in front of me. I use it as my personal drag strip.

With only one car in front of me, I gave the SuperHawk the spurs. I was winding up in 4th gear (speed???) as I passed that lone car. Returning back to my lane, I looked in my mirrors and it was then that I first saw the flashing lights. He has been chasing my since that little town!

He was a young, small town constable and was very cool. I think my gray hair was a good thing for once. He just gave me very weak verbal warning and let me go. Still don't know why.

I've had this second 98 for a little over a year and have had 2 tickets. Grrrr....
Old 01-21-2006, 12:32 PM
Squid

spacemonkey

Thats funny.I've gotten out of a 75 in a 30 cuz of my cdl.I was tryn to catch up with everyone I was ride'n with after I had to stop and get gas.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:48 PM
SuperSport

CNI Dawg is an unknown quantity at this point

You are one LUCKY rider !

You must say yor prayers at night is my only guess as to your luck